Cornwall Football Forum

Jordan Annear heads North

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You'll need bigger brown envelopes if you get promotion.

Those higher league  levels dont come cheap! 

No one at Falmouth remunerated?  

Git away wiv ya..lol

I think you are missing my point ….. Lets take one step at a time. Anyway, higher to what ? who cares ? You go up and then up again, longer distances to travel against teams that mean nothing. Then the team starts losing and crowds drops off and everything loses momentum and you end up back to where you started. The grass isn't always greener the higher you get. Ask Truro with their 50 hard core fans. Do you think Helstons gates will improve if they get promotion ? 

Just now, Jeff Chambers said:

I think you are missing my point ….. Lets take one step at a time. Anyway, higher to what ? who cares ? You go up and then up again, longer distances to travel against teams that mean nothing. Then the team starts losing and crowds drops off and everything loses momentum and you end up back to where you started. The grass isn't always greener the higher you get. Ask Truro with their 50 hard core fans. Do you think Helstons gates will improve if they get promotion ? 

Promotion is /will be mandatory,  you will have no choice unless you can come up with a plausible excuse not too.

I was only about 8 in the mid70’s Jeff!! Yeah gotta be Cornwall’s best ever team those guys! Thanks for the kind words though mate, brilliant what you’re doing at Town, definitely the best days of my life Jeff, scoring in front of the F Troop was the biggest buzz ever! Fantastic that this team will get to experience playing in front of Cornwall’s best fans. Well done mate             👏🏼👊🏼👍💛🖤

There's a  group of us behind this Mark.  Not just me but thanks for that.  It's great that all the old FBB and F-Troops lads are  reuniting on a Saturday.  It's not just the football,  it's the friendship over decades. Westy and the players are loving it and hopefully together as a unit we can achieve great things.  Whatever happens we are back to stay and win or lose it will be a party.  Looking forward to our FA vase visit to Helston this coming Saturday.  It will be a great day and hopefully a Falmouth win but a real tough game expected.  Get on Rappo UTT.

7 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'm hearing Helston are worried about Saturday, possible stewards and searches are being considered! 

Roll on Saturday...could be fun. 

9 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'm hearing Helston are worried about Saturday, possible stewards and searches are being considered! 

Have also heard from an ardent Helston fan they are worried that the biggest game in the club's history may be too much for the less experienced younger players and have signed another Bideford player Billy Tucker ,full time . Rather harsh on any youngster who now has to sit on the bench .

25 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Have also heard from an ardent Helston fan they are worried that the biggest game in the club's history may be too much for the less experienced younger players and have signed another Bideford player Billy Tucker ,full time . Rather harsh on any youngster who now has to sit on the bench .

Ambition can be quite brutal for some...only being used.

48 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I heard yesterday, that after being told they will all be searched on the way into the ground, they have decided to spend their beer money in the cricket club bar across the road. Not many football clubs in this day & age can turn down the sort of money those guys will spend. !!!!

16 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

I heard yesterday, that after being told they will all be searched on the way into the ground, they have decided to spend their beer money in the cricket club bar across the road. Not many football clubs in this day & age can turn down the sort of money those guys will spend. !!!!

They would have called in at Port but they were unsure your hut would cope or if you could but that many cans 🤣

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Billy  Tucker who lives in Bideford has made 185 appearances for The Robins and scored 50 goals will have to make almost a 200 mile round trip (4 1/2 hours on the road)  to play Home games for Helston who are two Leagues  below Bideford.

What is the attraction to play for The Blues lol

2 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Indeed they are kevin .the cricket club delighted to oblige obviously .

This thread has gone a little off piste hasn't it, It started as Jordan Annear Heads North, since when he has returned to Falmouth and we're now discussing  Helstons signing of Billy Tucker, and being searched enroute to the ground, and drinking at the cricket club.
Getting back to Jordan Annear, our admittedly limited times that we have seen him play suggests that unless he improves considerably, he would be better off staying in the league he is now in for a while, and try to improve his game beyond its present level.
Truro and South Shields are both managed by ex pros who aren't going to let a long term prospect go easily.
Best of luck to the lad, if his wish is to play in the pro game and he is prepared to put in the effort needed to get there but don't think it will be an easy journey

21 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Billy  Tucker who lives in Bideford has made 185 appearances for The Robins and scored 50 goals will have to make almost a 200 mile round trip (4 1/2 hours on the road)  to play Home games for Helston who are two Leagues  below Bideford.

What is the attraction to play for The Blues lol

Probably likes cruising down the Atlantic Highway with his 3 mates ! 😁

Well we had Penfal ( Penryn players to Falmouth)  and Carpen ( Carharrick players to penryn)   What we going to call Helston now ? Helford maybe ?? 

Anyway back to topic. I think Jordan has spent a lot of time travelling around now, trying to find a higher club and has been released. So I think he needs to stay at this level for a couple seasons and break some domestic goal scoring records. An opportunity will come again for another crack maybe.  Good luck Jordan. 

1 hour ago, Mark Jones said:

Well we had Penfal ( Penryn players to Falmouth)  and Carpen ( Carharrick players to penryn)   What we going to call Helston now ? Helford maybe ?? 

Anyway back to topic. I think Jordan has spent a lot of time travelling around now, trying to find a higher club and has been released. So I think he needs to stay at this level for a couple seasons and break some domestic goal scoring records. An opportunity will come again for another crack maybe.  Good luck Jordan. 

Wrong way around. 

Bidston, Fordhel...you get the drift 😂

• 4 weeks later...