Cornwall Football Forum

Jordan Annear heads North

39 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

What league and standard is south shields? Is he likely to have the chance to step on further with this move? Or would it have been a good to.play closer to home for say mousehole who with the set up can give you the same opportunity to go and play a higher level? 

This is just a question so dont bite my hand off!

South Shield are currently 4th in the Northern Premier League - same level as Truro City so he has already stepped up several leagues and with exposure in that league every opportunity to go further. 

Exactly Bob, great move for Jordy I reckon, strong respected league up North. Playing for a team that’s got a chance of doing really well, creating plenty of chances and like you said a massive shop window around that area. Look forward to my non league paper dropping through the letterbox tomorrow morning and reading about a debut goal or two for Jordy!?! 😀👍

2 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

What league and standard is south shields? Is he likely to have the chance to step on further with this move? Or would it have been a good to.play closer to home for say mousehole who with the set up can give you the same opportunity to go and play a higher level? 

He’s out of Cornwall so has a much better chance of getting spotted with All the pro clubs up around that area. Down here you have to wait for Plymouth Argyle & they don’t think there’s anyone worth looking at this side of the Tamar. 

55 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

He’s out of Cornwall so has a much better chance of getting spotted with All the pro clubs up around that area. Down here you have to wait for Plymouth Argyle & they don’t think there’s anyone worth looking at this side of the Tamar. 

That's probably because there isn't anyone worth looking at down here. Can you honestly think of anyone who would make it? Players who are going to make it usually have by his age.

23 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thought Plymouth would of given him a chance but hes not a ex Bury player so he had no chance ,wish him all the best so you show those Geordies what a Cornish lad can do

A rather blinkered viewpoint unless said with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek.

South Shields 4 Bamber Bridge 1

from Twitter: 

57: Jordan Annear comes on for his Shields debut, replacing Lee Mason. (4-0)

69: Jordan Annear goes to ground after what appeared an obvious foul in the box but the referee waves play on and Josh Gillies is denied by an impressive save. (4-1)

74: Jordan Annear is inches away from his first Shields goal as he's just unable to connect with a low ball across the area by David Foley! (4-1)

Good luck for the future Jordan 

44 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Don’t know him personally but watched him play a few times and looks quality. Wish him all the best and hope he goes on from there 

Tribute - you will not meet a nicer lad. Watched him a lot for an ‘all conquering’ Truro college side and as an u15 player as captain on tour to the Dankamp tournament - he was happy to play midfield / defence and in goal to help his team - a real credit to Dennis (and family) and how young footballers should behave. To make it as a pro you need something special - and in my humble opinion he has it. 

On 31/08/2019 at 20:05, Mark Jones said:

South Shields 4 Bamber Bridge 1

from Twitter: 

57: Jordan Annear comes on for his Shields debut, replacing Lee Mason. (4-0)

69: Jordan Annear goes to ground after what appeared an obvious foul in the box but the referee waves play on and Josh Gillies is denied by an impressive save. (4-1)

74: Jordan Annear is inches away from his first Shields goal as he's just unable to connect with a low ball across the area by David Foley! (4-1)

Good luck for the future Jordan 

Poor bugger coming on at 4-0 when the rest have taken their foot off the gas! Good luck 

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Disappointing to see Jordan Annear playing for Falmouth this evening after his release from South Shields ... Great for Falmouth but I think bigger things were expected on his move North. 

I'm disappointed that it didn't work out for jordan at south shields .But I'm absolutley delighted to see him back in a Falmouth Town shirt .

26 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Was talking to a few Falmouth supporters this evening said he was released last week, South Shields signing another striker, also slightly disrespectful suggesting young Jordan not quite up to the standard of football 'Up North' . Feel this was a bit disrespectful of a club to suggest this. 

Maybe he isn’t good enough for that standard. Fair play for having a go but that long old way to go to play that sort level of football. He struggled a bit to keep a place in the parkway team . Hopefully he get back to enjoying his football at Falmouth again 

On 31/08/2019 at 07:57, cornish leg end said:

What planet are you on 😂😂

Playing in the northern prem  . ? If he really good enough why is he not at Taunton , truro , Tiverton etc . Sounds like he trying to run a bit before he can walk. I’d say holding a place down in say the parkway team for season first scoring consistently might be better way forward .  

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Playing in the northern prem  . ? If he really good enough why is he not at Taunton , truro , Tiverton etc . Sounds like he trying to run a bit before he can walk. I’d say holding a place down in say the parkway team for season first scoring consistently might be better way forward .  

Thought I just said that🤔

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Just chasing the potential money!

On 02/10/2019 at 22:45, leedsunited said:

Was talking to a few Falmouth supporters this evening said he was released last week, South Shields signing another striker, also slightly disrespectful suggesting young Jordan not quite up to the standard of football 'Up North' . Feel this was a bit disrespectful of a club to suggest this. 

Don't think it is disrespectful at all. It's called honesty - and at Northern Prem level of a team that has aspirations to go higher it's a professional opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Henning Berg said:

Don't think it is disrespectful at all. It's called honesty - and at Northern Prem level of a team that has aspirations to go higher it's a professional opinion. 

Fair point. What also it shows I suppose is being half decent In Cornwall is a drop in the Ocean moving up further than the South West . Good luck to the boy wherever he ends up

49 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Fair point. What also it shows I suppose is being half decent In Cornwall is a drop in the Ocean moving up further than the South West . Good luck to the boy wherever he ends up

Penryn Athletic for me, a couple of seasons down there to toughen him up a bit then off to the City for a bit before being snapped up by a league club. It's the only way to get noticed in this County.

4 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Makes you think, how on-the-ball are the scouting set-ups these Northern clubs must be to attract a player from Cornwall. How many of these clubs have agents and scouts going round matches watching certain players.

I think South Shields are an exception to the rule, much in the same way Truro City were back in the day. 

They're just one of the latest clubs to launch themselves up the ladder by attracting players from higher leagues. It seems as though they're drawing in some serious crowds and could probably be financially stable in the football league in the future.

Fair play to him for giving it a crack, and I hope he continues to make the most of his ability by trying to play at the highest level possible. 

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Makes you think, how on-the-ball are the scouting set-ups these Northern clubs must be to attract a player from Cornwall. How many of these clubs have agents and scouts going round matches watching certain players.

Goalscorers are the must sought after guys in football. Clubs (of all levels) are constantly sifting the proverbial rivers looking for them, anyone with a decent goalscoring record is going to appear on scout''s radars. Paul Mariner (unearthed at Chorley) is a notable one, and wonder if someone like our very own "Rappo" Rapsey ever got a look? 

Had a few chances to be honest WOTP,  was on schoolboy forms at Bristol City for 18 months, was at Exeter City on non contract forms while I was at Falmouth playing for their reserves on a Wednesday afternoon every few weeks in the old Football League Combination and had a couple of weeks on trial at Halifax Town but we hardly played or trained because of the weather! Looking back not sure I was committed enough or ruthless enough to play league football, maybe not good enough?  A couple of knee injuries at the wrong time didn’t help, a few mates that have played league football like Kev Miller, Banno and Gritts reckon I could have scored goals at that level but like many players I’ll never know? Happy to have done what I have and was always my ambition to play for Falmouth when my dad used to take me as a kid watching those great teams in the 70’s. Some regrets but many happy memories 👍️ Like Deacs said it’s a bit different these days with players agents, social media etc, bit easier to get noticed and on the radar but still not easy to break in. Not just ability, need that bit of luck as well at the right time. As for Jordy, think he’s a great young striker who’s got a bit of everything who could easily go a long way with the right break.

Rappo.  You're an absolute legend at Falmouth Town.  Like you as a young teenager  I used to watch that great Falmouth Town side of the 70s,  8 titles  (4Swl+4 WL) on the bounce plus numerous cups. They were, and always will be CORNWALLS GREATEST. We are entering a new Falmouth Town era now,  with Westy at the wheel.  We're on a course and we are determined to succeed on and off the pitch. We don't need a millionaire to pump money in to fill players brown envelopes. We want players like you who want to play for Falmouth Town,  to walk out down those steps in the main stand and play in front of a packed Packet End full of the reformed F-Troop. An F-Troop louder and bigger than ever.  We're not there yet but we'll get there. So we welcome back Jordan Annear,  he will strengthen us up front and give us class.  This chapter of the Falmouth Town story is only just beginning. ..........