Cornwall Football Forum

Perranwell 2 Wendron Utd Res 2

A cracking game of football, thoroughly enjoyed by the neutral. Rarely do I watch a game without minding who wins, but this was one such so perhaps the draw was the right result. My first view of St Piran football and I was well impressed. A lot of skill and good football on show. Defenders defending properly (in the main), midfielders struggling to gain supremacy in midfield (about even I would say) and strikers seeing opportunities and having a go.

Goals were 1 - 0 (14), Reece. 2 - 0 (16) (yes, that soon!), an excellent shot worth the entrance money*, the game's sweet moment for me. Name unknown. 2 - 1 (59) Brace ending a good move, injured himself as he scored. 2 - 2 (86) (yes, that late, and then after Perranwell had spurned two good chances to finish Wendron off). Again, name unknown. Home fans disgruntled at having let two points slip away.

Well reffed - don't know his name. But what is this silly rule about the ref having to run to the touch-line at the half way line to get the sub on? How wasteful of time and energy. The rule should allow the sub to join from the dugout and run firstly to the ref to be booked in, then the ref allows him time to take up his position before the restart. Obviously a better method.

Shame Perranwell laid on no tea hut at half-time. Hardly what you expect in this new 11th tier league.

*Not that Perranwell are allowed to charge entry, apparently, something to do with it being a Parish pitch. If I've got that right, the Parish should have a word with itself. The football club has been part of the community for decades and needs to be allowed to keep up with developments in the game. So if the village held a fete on that field, would that mean they couldn't charge for rides on the roundabout or swings, or goes on the coconut shy? I did hear they collected £44 in "donations" so well done, "donors" and all power to the club: but tea at half time, PLEASE, like last season. Another evening match next week, apparently. Bring your miner's helmets and lamps!

9 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

A cracking game of football, thoroughly enjoyed by the neutral. Rarely do I watch a game without minding who wins, but this was one such so perhaps the draw was the right result. My first view of St Piran football and I was well impressed. A lot of skill and good football on show. Defenders defending properly (in the main), midfielders struggling to gain supremacy in midfield (about even I would say) and strikers seeing opportunities and having a go.

Goals were 1 - 0 (14), Reece. 2 - 0 (16) (yes, that soon!), an excellent shot worth the entrance money*, the game's sweet moment for me. Name unknown. 2 - 1 (59) Brace ending a good move, injured himself as he scored. 2 - 2 (86) (yes, that late, and then after Perranwell had spurned two good chances to finish Wendron off). Again, name unknown. Home fans disgruntled at having let two points slip away.

Well reffed - don't know his name. But what is this silly rule about the ref having to run to the touch-line at the half way line to get the sub on? How wasteful of time and energy. The rule should allow the sub to join from the dugout and run firstly to the ref to be booked in, then the ref allows him time to take up his position before the restart. Obviously a better method.

Shame Perranwell laid on no tea hut at half-time. Hardly what you expect in this new 11th tier league.

*Not that Perranwell are allowed to charge entry, apparently, something to do with it being a Parish pitch. If I've got that right, the Parish should have a word with itself. The football club has been part of the community for decades and needs to be allowed to keep up with developments in the game. So if the village held a fete on that field, would that mean they couldn't charge for rides on the roundabout or swings, or goes on the coconut shy? I did hear they collected £44 in "donations" so well done, "donors" and all power to the club: but tea at half time, PLEASE, like last season. Another evening match next week, apparently. Bring your miner's helmets and lamps!

Tom .  It went 1-0 , 1-1 , 2-1 then 2-2 

8 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

*Not that Perranwell are allowed to charge entry, apparently, something to do with it being a Parish pitch. If I've got that right, the Parish should have a word with itself. The football club has been part of the community for decades and needs to be allowed to keep up with developments in the game. So if the village held a fete on that field, would that mean they couldn't charge for rides on the roundabout or swings, or goes on the coconut shy? I did hear they collected £44 in "donations" so well done, "donors" and all power to the club: but tea at half time, PLEASE, like last season. Another evening match next week, apparently. Bring your miner's helmets and lamps

A slightly disrespectful comment about the tea hut in my opinion, we are a small club with most behind the scenes work carried out by a very small number of players and committee members, on Tuesday evening 5 players were cutting the grass and setting the pitch up in preparation for Wednesdays game. 

I'm sure you can go without a cup of tea at home for a hour or so. 

As for the ground watch this space..... 

51 minutes ago, Deano said:

A slightly disrespectful comment about the tea hut in my opinion, we are a small club with most behind the scenes work carried out by a very small number of players and committee members, on Tuesday evening 5 players were cutting the grass and setting the pitch up in preparation for Wednesdays game. 

I'm sure you can go without a cup of tea at home for a hour or so. 

As for the ground watch this space..... 

And the young lady who does it had other priorities which are far more important than a cup of tea 🙄

My typo for the second goal. Ooops! As for the tea, I had my own but always buy at least one at a club's tea hut to help boost their funds. There was a lady there fullof apologies about it and said if she'd been asked, she would have done it. Obviously there are many things far more important than a cup of tea. I have complimented the club before for the way its players get the nets down after each game. I don't know where else this happens at this level. If I was to make a criticism it would be to say, "look, you wanted to step up to the St Piran League: moving up the levels requires certain standards to be kept" - which is all very well, I know, when it comes to key volunteers being unavailable at short notice. No offence intended: I'll probably be at your game next Tuesday.

14 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

And a flask :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

My typo for the second goal. Ooops! As for the tea, I had my own but always buy at least one at a club's tea hut to help boost their funds. There was a lady there fullof apologies about it and said if she'd been asked, she would have done it. Obviously there are many things far more important than a cup of tea. I have complimented the club before for the way its players get the nets down after each game. I don't know where else this happens at this level. If I was to make a criticism it would be to say, "look, you wanted to step up to the St Piran League: moving up the levels requires certain standards to be kept" - which is all very well, I know, when it comes to key volunteers being unavailable at short notice. No offence intended: I'll probably be at your game next Tuesday.

Is a tea hut a requirement of the St Piran league? 

As a club we were fully on board with the county wide St Piran league before the restructuring, as a club we are looking into improving our current ground or potentially moving grounds in the near future. 

Maybe next time before posting criticism take a moment to reflect on the clubs that struggle week in week out to get 11 players out, prepare the pitch, wash the kit I could go on... 

Providing a cup of tea isn't that high up on the list of priorities on a matchday. 

Local football, and maybe professional after the events at Bury this week, needs all the help and understanding it can get at the moment and it's going to get worse. 

I didn't say it was and don't know. I know Truro are expected to provide spectator refreshments but I don't know if it is a Southern League requirement and if it is I don't know at what level in the pyramid such a requirement kicks in. My comment reflects the point that almost everywhere you go to watch local football you can buy a cup of tea. As I have always made light-hearted comments about refreshments at the games I go to I was bound to express my disappointment last evening. I know all about the off-pitch problems affecting a football club. I have been there and done that, you know, AND spilt tea down the T-shirt. Yours is one of the grounds I like to visit because the atmosphere amongst the home fans is so friendly and the setting is rather nice. As to a move to a new ground, were I to win Euromillions any time I'd help you out!

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

I didn't say it was and don't know. I know Truro are expected to provide spectator refreshments but I don't know if it is a Southern League requirement and if it is I don't know at what level in the pyramid such a requirement kicks in. My comment reflects the point that almost everywhere you go to watch local football you can buy a cup of tea. As I have always made light-hearted comments about refreshments at the games I go to I was bound to express my disappointment last evening. I know all about the off-pitch problems affecting a football club. I have been there and done that, you know, AND spilt tea down the T-shirt. Yours is one of the grounds I like to visit because the atmosphere amongst the home fans is so friendly and the setting is rather nice. As to a move to a new ground, were I to win Euromillions any time I'd help you out!

4 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

As a club we were fully on board with the county wide St Piran league before the restructuring, as 

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Thanks for the kind words and sorry if I took some of your comments the wrong way, a few of us have worked hard recently to get the pitch and ground ready. 

Make yourself known and I'll buy you a cup of tea next Tuesday...