Cornwall Football Forum

Not yet properly organised?

Lots of names and contact addresses on the Piran website and I understand it is still being developed: but the league doesn't seem to have got its act together with regards to fixture publicity and results service. Amongst all those named officials, isn't there one who has responsibility for putting stuff on sites like this one? Good coverage of fixtures and results for other leagues - so come on, Piran!

7 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Lots of names and contact addresses on the Piran website and I understand it is still being developed: but the league doesn't seem to have got its act together with regards to fixture publicity and results service. Amongst all those named officials, isn't there one who has responsibility for putting stuff on sites like this one? Good coverage of fixtures and results for other leagues - so come on, Piran!

Threads on here, facebook and twitter (though our twitter expert is on holiday this week) Tom.  Then there's the official Full-Time site.  Not too bad and we're getting better I would like to think.

1 hour ago, Dagerags said:

We need a new cornishteddyboy. 

If you know of someone who's prepared to what Paul does for the Combo but for us then point him in my direction!  That level of dedication is hard to find.

2 hours ago, ECPL said:

So ignore this site then.  Great for a Cornish league 

Far from it!  As I said, there will be and are fixture threads on here and as and when there is something noteworthy that deserves a public airing it will also be on here.  I will also respond to/answer any points raised as may other committee members.  

On 27/08/2019 at 15:43, Dagerags said:

We need a new cornishteddyboy. 

Awww, shucks.

My site is now 11 years old, but I have been gathering info for about 15. Over 5000 pages on it. Now it takes a couple of hours gathering in scorers, attendances each time matches are played, then about an hour and a half altering site (I get distracted easily). All done by hand. Adding goals, altering tables, etc.

Uploading site takes 5-10 seconds! 40 pages roughly altered each Saturday. Connect to provider, open ftp, press a button, asks me if I want to alter pages, I click yes, then zip, an hour and a half's work uploaded in 10 seconds, if that

How did I start? I was doing Pz Reserve programmes and was getting info from old papers to put in them, and someone suggested a Combo website. Ignored them for a couple of years but when I got to a certain level of stuff on my laptop, decided to take the plunge.