Cornwall Football Forum

Emirates FA Cup

Prehaps they could make it free entry after yesterdays game as a good will gesture if they want to keep the fans happy as the  did nt yesterday / only time i never worn my shirt or clapped the players of the pitch / need a striker quick thats for sure /though Niall tried when he came on / should be starting with him /end of rant could go on 🧀🍟

2 hours ago, Xembla II said:

What are City's chances? Good? A win would be a win after the last two matches, and getting to move on might be a little lift.

Glad to hear you are still following the White Tigers Dustin, it has certainly been a roller coaster ride since you first came on board. The cup tie is certainly winnable, Wimborne play in the same league as us and have not won any of there first five games but as we all know this is a cup game so nothing should be taken for granted.

I'm trying to keep up! The changes have been coming fast and furious these past several years, it seems, and as I have no social media presence, sometimes weeks at a time go by without news, so I've rejoined this board, and I'm resetting.

I presume the squad isn't really large enough for a lot of rotation, so it might be a chance for them to feel a different pressure and get their mojo back.

• 2 weeks later...

City progress into the next round of the Emirates FA Cup after a close encounter against Wimborne Town at Treyew Road this afternoon. Will Dean scored for City in the first half, after an equaliser from the Magpies substitute Stewart Yetton scored the winner on the hour mark. There was late drama with James Hammond the City keeper saving a penalty in injury time. :c:

Oh and a nice little £4.500 to go into the Pirates kitty.

The best team won but it could have been oh so different!

City's 2nd goal was a goalkeeping howler leaving Yetton to walk the ball into the net for his 230th goal for City. Wimborne appeared to have scored a second goal - originally given by the Ref only to be ruled out after consultation with the linesman for a handball. Then Hamons wonderful last minute penalty save to deny Wimborne the chance of a replay.

4 hours ago, Xembla II said:

A nice result! Yetti with a goal!

Feed the Yetti and he'll score. If Yetti scores we're on the pitch. It's a few years since I've heard the Tisa boys singing those songs. 230 goals for one club that's some achievement, perhaps Mike could let us know where that stands in the Cornish goal scoring charts. :goal:

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Feed the Yetti and he'll score. If Yetti scores we're on the pitch. It's a few years since I've heard the Tisa boys singing those songs. 230 goals for one club that's some achievement, perhaps Mike could let us know where that stands in the Cornish goal scoring charts. :goal:

A long way behind Rappo! 😁

Top notch for one club-Ray

According to SWPL goals only at start of season (Not including F A  & County Competitions)

377 Adam Carter (Bodmin & Parkway-Torpoint-Falmouth)

294 Mark Goldsworthy (Helston & St.Austell)

269 Ryan Richards (Saltash-Parkway-Bodmin-Dobwalls-Liskeard)

261 Sam Davey (Launceston-Parkway-Elburton)

254 Sam Hughes (Saltash-Parkway-Elburton -Exeter Univ)

247 Glyn Hobbs (Parkway-Bodmin-Tavistock)

225 Matt Drummond (Porthleven-Helston -St.Blazey-Newquay-Bodmin-Falmouth-Penzance-Penryn)

197 Carl Rickard (St.Dennis-St.Austell-Godolphin-Foxhole-St.Blazey)

Info' taken from the SW Peninsula records

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Top notch for one club-Ray

According to SWPL goals only at start of season

377 Adam Carter (Bodmin & Parkway-Torpoint-Falmouth)

294 Mark Goldsworthy (Helston & St.Austell)

269 Ryan Richards (Saltash-Parkway-Bodmin-Dobwalls-Liskeard)

261 Sam Davey (Launceston-Parkway-Elburton)

254 Sam Hughes (Saltash-Parkway-Elburton -Exeter Univ)

247 Glyn Hobbs (Parkway-Bodmin-Tavistock)

225 Matt Drummond (Porthleven-Helston -St.Blazey-Newquay-Bodmin-Falmouth-Penzance-Penryn)

197 Carl Rickard (St.Dennis-St.Austell-Godolphin-Foxhole-St.Blazey)

Info' taken from the SW Peninsula records

Many thanks for that Mike, I knew I could rely on you.

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

A long way behind Rappo! 😁

How many did Rappo score then Nige? :goal:

11 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Feel yettsy achievement far better as in higher leagues, especially if compared to goldsworthy who scored majority of his goals in lower league, but he could possibly catch Carter seeing as his goals for parkway wont count 

Bear in mind Mr.Yetton bagged many goals in the Western League Div 1 in 2006/07 against some very ropey opposition-Truro scored 185 against 23.

Also the following season in the W L.Premier Div. goals 132-39

Haha cheers Nige! 😂. I’m on 2005 competitive goals, my 2 for the vets yesterday don’t count! Scored 455 in the old SWL, plus Vase, FaCup, SWL Cup, Senior and charity cups so could say about 600 at a decent standard of football. The rest are Spread around Combo league, Sunday league, Junior footy and vets mainly really. To be honest the memory ain’t what it was but still remember most of those special ones!? Was pretty crap at subbuteo from what I remember but was class at striker when you used to have to press their heads down!! 👍️ Got to be honest I think Yettsy is the best natural finisher I’ve seen playing football in this county. To get that many for one club at all the different levels he’s played at for the club promotion after promotion deserves great recognition!! Top bloke as well, well done Yettsy 👏🏼👊🏼👍

Yeah was just talking about the best striker I’d seen in Cornish football Leeds. Quite agree to do it in the football league is a totally different achievement altogether. Think Tony scored about 170 for Exeter, Argyle and Blackpool and Mass has scored almost 100 as well, my old mate Gritts scored around 70 and could think of a few others over the years, was lucky to have played with Gary Bannister at the end of his career, still absolute class, think Banno scored close to 200 in league football!! Hats off to those guys 👍👏🏼

On 09/09/2019 at 03:37, Mike Odgers said:

Bear in mind Mr.Yetton bagged many goals in the Western League Div 1 in 2006/07 against some very ropey opposition-Truro scored 185 against 23.

Also the following season in the W L.Premier Div. goals 132-39

I remember a score of 12-0 -- against Minehead, I think? -- didn't Yetti get like four of those?

What's the date for the next round?

A disappointing end to this season's FA Cup run saw Truro go down to a 5.2 defeat at Edgar Street. Leading 2 nil after 20minutes City seemed to be cruising but Hereford scored 4 second half goals including 2 penalties to go into the draw for the next round. City's goals came from Ryan Law and Nial Thompson.

12 hours ago, Rayvon said:

A disappointing end to this season's FA Cup run saw Truro go down to a 5.2 defeat at Edgar Street. Leading 2 nil after 20minutes City seemed to be cruising but Hereford scored 4 second half goals including 2 penalties to go into the draw for the next round. City's goals came from Ryan Law and Nial Thompson.

Always next year Rayvon .. 😀

How many away following went to Hereford, it said on twitter the gate was 1100 .... 22 from Truro ? 🤣

22 away fans is woeful. 

What ever the sucess Truro have had, theres always seems to be some political nonsence going on and fans being pushed away. A very odd club sometimes. The days of averaging near 1000 crowds seem miles away even though in the pitch they still manage to field a good side.

No political nonsense going on at Truro City at the moment Paul, with the formation of the Supporters Trust all supporters are singing from the same hymn sheet. I think the main reason for the poor away support is that fans just cannot afford to cough up there hard earned money week after week. It's ok for the likes of say Falmouth Town taking 40 or 50 supporters to an away game they don't have to leave home tiil midday and can be home again by seven. Supporting City can often mean leaving home at 6 or 7 in the morning and often getting home 11 or 12 at night, and midweek games I can remember getting home at 3 in the morning and then getting up again 4 hours later to go to work. I hope this is a good case for the defence. No other Cornish team can imagine the time and expense involved supporting a National or Southern League side. Perhaps someone who regularly supports a league side can appreciate where I am coming from. 

I certainly can. I was at Crawley on Tuesday night. Got home at 4am. Back work for 10. Its a long old day. 

What surprised me was that even though Truro have played at Hereford, its got to be one of the biggest grounds theyve played at except Wembley and the Valley. Its the F.A cup. Plenty of history for Hereford in the cup. I thought several more would be looking at that one as a match to go to. 

9 hours ago, Rayvon said:

No political nonsense going on at Truro City at the moment Paul, with the formation of the Supporters Trust all supporters are singing from the same hymn sheet. I think the main reason for the poor away support is that fans just cannot afford to cough up there hard earned money week after week. It's ok for the likes of say Falmouth Town taking 40 or 50 supporters to an away game they don't have to leave home tiil midday and can be home again by seven. Supporting City can often mean leaving home at 6 or 7 in the morning and often getting home 11 or 12 at night, and midweek games I can remember getting home at 3 in the morning and then getting up again 4 hours later to go to work. I hope this is a good case for the defence. No other Cornish team can imagine the time and expense involved supporting a National or Southern League side. Perhaps someone who regularly supports a league side can appreciate where I am coming from. 

Correct Rayvon.

Except other clubs fully appreciate the expense of moving up the pyramid...and that's precisely why they don't do it.

Best of luck to Truro from me.

14 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Which makes me wonder Raymond whether this Pipe dream will ever work .. you just said ' fans can't afford ' so it can't be sustainable ... Your home gate last Tuesday didn't exceed 300 .... Some Swpl sides get near that for fixtures & you guys are desperate for a bigger stadium ... 🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Which makes me wonder Raymond whether this Pipe dream will ever work .. you just said ' fans can't afford ' so it can't be sustainable ... Your home gate last Tuesday didn't exceed 300 .... Some Swpl sides get near that for fixtures & you guys are desperate for a bigger stadium ... 🤣🤣

300 spectators in a 6,000 possibly 10,000 stadium would be the death knell for me.

Truro are just being used again.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

300 spectators in a 6,000 possibly 10,000 stadium would be the death knell for me.

Truro are just being used again.

Yes -The Pirates need Truro onboard  to sell their dream for a Stadium for Cornwall -not as a lot see it as a Stadium for Pirates.

Based on this season Pirates have 14 Home games and will need Truro's fixtures to keep it alive-There again the Council have great optimism  with our tax money to make it viable with Pop Concerts and Conferences to cover the other 300 odd days.

5 hours ago, leedsunited said:

You seem obsessed with Truro City and there attendances Leeds, never once remember getting any compliments from you but if that's the way you get your kicks I have no problem with that. 

11 hours ago, Rayvon said:

You seem obsessed with Truro City and there attendances Leeds, never once remember getting any compliments from you but if that's the way you get your kicks I have no problem with that. 

Not at all Raymond, infact I admire the steps Truro have taken to attempt to move on up the League's. However I said it 10 years ago & stand by it now, Cornwall isn't a footballing hotbed, I can see Truro's pinnacle in terms of the highest they can compete at is the league they are in now. The support is terrible, there isn't enough people to generate enough income through the turnstile each week to sustain top level/professional football down here. Taking 17 fans away to Hereford in a Fa.Cup fixture is laughable ! It's not just Truro, no Cornish club could reach the heights Truro have said they'd reach. As for the Stadium .. I think the delay tells its own story .. 😀

The move up the league's was built on a false foundation which still applies today.

One man pulled the borrowed money and TCFC were nearly gone, saved by others who also made their money from Truro's situation.

A similar situation still exists today, only this time the aim is to achieve the stadium, although this time the person has some real money...not borrowed/loaned.

TCFC could fold in the blink of an eye on the whims of others, and could have done so many times in their rise up the pyramid. 

The only stable time was when the developer was throwing in the £300k.

Playing well above the level of financial stability and that will always be a cause for concern if I were them.

I still think TCFC will eventually end up down Malpas unfortunately. 

But enjoy it while you can because you are not a cash cow anymore...nothing left to sell.

Best of luck to them from me though.