Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cornishteddyboy

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 24th August 2019

Results for

Saturday 24th August 2019
Carharrack (Ed Wilton 2, Will Garner) 3-0 Helston Athletic
Att - 25
Hayle Reserves (TJ Price 3, Chris Goodall 3, Craig Rennard 2, Kieron Rennard, Jordan Taylor) 10-2 Perranporth Reserves (Reg Pearson, George Parkes)
Att - 40
Lizard Argyle 0-3 Porthleven Reserves (Ross Atkinson, Lewis Hemsley, Ashley Stidwell)
Att - 40
Ruan Minor (Will Trewin) 1-4 Pendeen Rovers (Alex Ralph 3, Danny Earl)
Att - 45
St Agnes Reserves 0-6 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts 4, Lewis Pellow, Glen Jeffery)
Att - 30
Wendron United 3rds (Harrison Badcock) 1-1 Marazion (Tom Patrick)
Att - 10

Carharrack 3, Helston 3rd team 0

I endured last season, sometimes wondering what I was doing there, and then I have to miss last Tuesday (family birthday dinner) but at last I've witnessed a Carharrack win! Yippee!! Bit of a nail-biter for 83 minutes, though.

Will Garner's goal on 17 minutes was an absolute peach. This IS level 12 in the football pyramid (just imagine: only eleven promotions away from the Premiership!) and you tend to expect 89 minutes of frustration, poor ball control, one-footed players (mind, Maradonna....), poor passing, poor shooting, loads of mistakes - the unpredictability adds to the entertainment. But you can expect maybe 60 seconds of world-class footie: an amazing save, a perfectly-timed last-ditch tackle, a beautiful defence-splitting pass to the feet of an onrushing forward, a sublime shot - and such was Garner's goal. He found himself free in the left channel (what us old farts would call "inside-left position) on the edge of the box and deliberately curled his shot just inside the far post. He went for it, tried it - and scored. All the more delightful that we in the covered seating were directly behind it and watched it bend beyond the soon-to-become-apparent very competent visiting 'keeper. What a goal! Worth the entry money on its own, as they say.

But thereafter until the 83rd  minute it was scary stuff for the home side. Chances went begging at both ends - off target, a failed pass, a failure TO pass, a CIP (caught in possession) - the reasons were many and varied. Then Ed Wilton, heavily marked all game, hit the bar, then the post - then scored for 2 - 0. I would have liked to have seen Carharrack play out the time after that but they kept playing as if seeking the winning goal and Ed hit the third on 90+3, so three juicy points.

Nice banter with spectators and players - so I used to teach Carharrack's No 5, Louis. Please can their No 14 practice using his left foot? If I had a fiver for every time I registered him touching the ball with his left foot, I'd have - a fiver! Make him twice the player he is.

As for Helston, well, their 3rd team with their 1sts and 2nds playing today, they still had three or four subs. A lad wearing 14 came on for the last quarter. Don't know if that was his squad number or age, he looked so young; but he showed some nice touches and if he IS that young, being in Helston's set-up is a good place for him to be.

So: drove home happy! No more cracks about the mugs of tea at £1 (geddit, girls?): sausage bap for £1, though; now, that IS good!

Aggie Tuesday.

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

The team in this league in there reserve team

I am aware of that, but thought the first team squad was that big whoever didn't make it was going to play Res. 

5 hours ago, Alf said:

I am aware of that, but thought the first team squad was that big whoever didn't make it was going to play Res. 

Doesn’t always seem to work like that these days though does it!

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Doesn’t always seem to work like that these days though does it!

Not always, but with a good team from last season plus people was saying Wort and a few others dropping down I didn't expect someone putting 10 passed then. Hayle could also be very strong, Have they got most of the Penwith team?

3 hours ago, Alf said:

Not always, but with a good team from last season plus people was saying Wort and a few others dropping down I didn't expect someone putting 10 passed then. Hayle could also be very strong, Have they got most of the Penwith team?

Perranporth turned up with 10 players to be fair to them, they didn’t give up and played well with 10 men. So well done to them for never giving up. 

I believe the first team took 3 of there players so they could rock up with 16 players, which if true is shocking leaving a team with 10. 

We have 3/4 players from exiles, the rest are hayle lads that have been at the club previously, a good balanced squad and a very good atmosphere around the whole club between both teams. Were not two teams, we are one club. 

That's great news, well done Hayle. If what you say is true that is very poor from the first team to leave the Res without even 11.

24 minutes ago, Alf said:

That's great news, well done Hayle. If what you say is true that is very poor from the first team to leave the Res without even 11.

In all fairness according to the team sheet Perran 1st had 12 men, all the usual faces you'd expect the 1st team to have. Unless the 2nds were promised loads of last years players, i don't know. 

On 24/08/2019 at 18:06, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 3, Helston 3rd team 0

I endured last season, sometimes wondering what I was doing there, and then I have to miss last Tuesday (family birthday dinner) but at last I've witnessed a Carharrack win! Yippee!! Bit of a nail-biter for 83 minutes, though.

Will Garner's goal on 17 minutes was an absolute peach. This IS level 12 in the football pyramid (just imagine: only eleven promotions away from the Premiership!) and you tend to expect 89 minutes of frustration, poor ball control, one-footed players (mind, Maradonna....), poor passing, poor shooting, loads of mistakes - the unpredictability adds to the entertainment. But you can expect maybe 60 seconds of world-class footie: an amazing save, a perfectly-timed last-ditch tackle, a beautiful defence-splitting pass to the feet of an onrushing forward, a sublime shot - and such was Garner's goal. He found himself free in the left channel (what us old farts would call "inside-left position) on the edge of the box and deliberately curled his shot just inside the far post. He went for it, tried it - and scored. All the more delightful that we in the covered seating were directly behind it and watched it bend beyond the soon-to-become-apparent very competent visiting 'keeper. What a goal! Worth the entry money on its own, as they say.

But thereafter until the 83rd  minute it was scary stuff for the home side. Chances went begging at both ends - off target, a failed pass, a failure TO pass, a CIP (caught in possession) - the reasons were many and varied. Then Ed Wilton, heavily marked all game, hit the bar, then the post - then scored for 2 - 0. I would have liked to have seen Carharrack play out the time after that but they kept playing as if seeking the winning goal and Ed hit the third on 90+3, so three juicy points.

Nice banter with spectators and players - so I used to teach Carharrack's No 5, Louis. Please can their No 14 practice using his left foot? If I had a fiver for every time I registered him touching the ball with his left foot, I'd have - a fiver! Make him twice the player he is.

As for Helston, well, their 3rd team with their 1sts and 2nds playing today, they still had three or four subs. A lad wearing 14 came on for the last quarter. Don't know if that was his squad number or age, he looked so young; but he showed some nice touches and if he IS that young, being in Helston's set-up is a good place for him to be.

So: drove home happy! No more cracks about the mugs of tea at £1 (geddit, girls?): sausage bap for £1, though; now, that IS good!

Aggie Tuesday.

Lewis Ellis? 

21 hours ago, Alf said:

myself and my children were at this game as i thought id take them to watch some local football and i must add that the language was absolutely shocking to the point where we had to leave ! Community Club Hayle ? 

Wendron v Porthleven Res called off due to serious accident on Helston to Falmouth road. Both teams had arrived despite taking over an hour to get from Helston to Wendron. Match referee stuck in the traffic and game called off despite 4 referees already at the ground nd both teams willing for the game to go ahead and in agreement. Spoke to Combo league official who said the game can’t go ahead  as Paul Murphy wouldn’t like the referee switch. I’m sure Paul would have been delighted if the game was played. Crazy!!

2 hours ago, wedding280991 said:

Spoke to Combo league official who said the game can’t go ahead  as Paul Murphy wouldn’t like the referee switch.

What really! As you say, if one of the spectating referees present were prepared to take the whistle, how could anyone grumble about that piece of initiative?

11 hours ago, wedding280991 said:

Wendron v Porthleven Res called off due to serious accident on Helston to Falmouth road. Both teams had arrived despite taking over an hour to get from Helston to Wendron. Match referee stuck in the traffic and game called off despite 4 referees already at the ground nd both teams willing for the game to go ahead and in agreement. Spoke to Combo league official who said the game can’t go ahead  as Paul Murphy wouldn’t like the referee switch. I’m sure Paul would have been delighted if the game was played. Crazy!!

Crazy indeed!

Even the League Rules state that Clubs must agree upon a replacement - qualified or not - if the nominated Ref does not arrive! The rule is there to cover just such circumstances as arose last evening!

I was about to say, surely this goes against the League’s own rules:

(B) In the event of the non-appearance of the appointed referee the appointed senior assistant referee shall take charge and a substitute assistant referee appointed by the competing Teams. In cases where there are no officially appointed Match Officials in attendance, the Clubs shall agree upon a referee. An individual thus agreed upon shall, for that Competition Match, have the full powers, status and authority of a registered referee. Individuals under the age of 16 must not participate either as a referee or assistant referee in any Competition Match.

44 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Does that mean that the game is void?

Mad that the League declined! This is pretty much a regular occurrence in the Trelawny League!

It’ll surely just be rearranged

2 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Does that mean that the game is void?

Mad that the League declined! This is pretty much a regular occurrence in the Trelawny League!

Dave

this was combo league. Both clubs did all they could you play but declined by league.  

Surely be replayed and not void as possibly suggested

7 hours ago, wedding280991 said:

Dave

this was combo league. Both clubs did all they could you play but declined by league.  

Surely be replayed and not void as possibly suggested

Lee... Said in jest mate ;) it was a League decision not to play it so they couldn't possibly void it.