24/08/19             

Falmouth Town Reserves v Mousehole Reserves            

Hayle v Wendron United Reserves         

Illogan RBL v St Day                                        

Mullion v St Agnes                                          

Penryn Athletic v Ludgvan          

Perranporth v Helston Athletic Reserves              

2 hours ago, unitedrhino said:

St Dennis to Morwenstow Bank Holiday weekend?? 

Bude V Morwenstow

Torpoint v Millbrook delayed kick of at either ground if 1st teams home, clubs would have made more. 

Sticker v St Dennis 

Surely this would have made more sense, only my opinion. 

Are they not Boxing Day/Good Friday games though?

PENRYN   (1)  3     Bradley Leivers 17’ 79’  Ryan Reeve 65’

LUDGVAN  (0)  1   Ashley Ellis 71’

Att: 48

Ref: Mr Neil Rudkin 9/10 very good

MOM: Bradley Leivers (Penryn)/Andrew Curnow (Ludgvan)

Got out the car at 2.45 with 25c showing on the dash and it was certainly absolutely roasting for the players at kick off. Bakes pitch looked a picture in the sunshine and after the Hurlers had the first chance with Liam Hunter shooting wide of the far post in the 2nd minute the hosts took over and it became like a training session you get at pro clubs with attack against defence. In the 8th minute a great touch by Jack Rapsey slipped Ryan Reeve in but the speedy striker shot over the bar. After a spell of 6/7 corners one paid dividends in the 17th minute when Harry Roberts whipped a ball in and Bradley Leivers leaped above everyone to head down into those lovely red box nets! On 21 minutes a superb inch perfect clip over the top from Billy Williams saw Roberts blaze a volley over the bar before on the half hour mark lovely slick build up play between captain Russell May, Rapsey and Leivers saw the ball reach the far post but Reeve had his shot blocked by Ludgvan keeper Ryan Gendall who was lightning off his line. In the 36th minute Reeve headed down for Rapsey to hit a dipping volley off the crossbar from the edge of the area and two minutes later Leivers half volley also cleared the bar. Five minutes before the break a great run and pull back down the right from Reggie May saw Roberts shoot wide when well placed before a rare breakaway saw Ashley Ellis shoot past the far post for the visitors. A great piece of skill from Rapsey saw him flick the ball over two defenders heads but the immense Andrew Curnow dived full stretch to block his volley. Williams was unlucky to see his 25 yard shot go the wrong side of the post just before Mr Rudkin blew his half time whistle. Two minutes after the restart Penryn started where they left off when Rapsey saw his angled low drive superbly tipped around the post by Gendall at full stretch before minutes later producing some quick feet past two defenders but this time he shot into the side netting. Ellis hit a 25 yard free kick well over the bar on 54 minutes and 3 minutes later a Rapsey pull back from the byline saw Jake Shaws strong drive from 15 yards parried out again by the excellent Gendall between the sticks. On 65 minutes Penryn produced a goal that wouldn’t look out of place on match of the day tonight! After some possession play switching the ball back and forth the midfield they suddenly sped up the play with Russell May drilling a ball into Rapsey whose deft flick sent man of the match Leivers away down the left and his wicked zipped in ball was side footed home at the near post by Reeve for a goal you won’t often see in step 7 football that’s for sure! To Ludgvans credit they never wilted all afternoon and got a somewhat surprise reward on 71 minutes when Hunter got down the left to cross to the far post where the predatory Ellis slid in to shoot past Ben Mitchell who was having a quietish day up until then apart from a couple of smart punches away from the odd cross into his area. Gendall plucked a Rapsey free kick out of the top corner on 75 minutes before 4 minutes later the hosts wrapped up the deserved 3 points when Reeve had his shot blocked by the gladiator Curnow but it fell to Leivers just inside the area and it was fitting the star man blasted an unstoppable shot into the roof of the net. He had a half chance sniff of a hat-trick on 87 minutes but blazed over from the edge of the area. Penryn manager Harry Pope will be wondering how his team didn’t score 7 or 8 for the second week running after creating so many chances with some fabulous slick football but will be pleased that his team and Mullion are the only two sides left in the new league with 100% records this early in the season. Credit to the visitors for defending in numbers and looking dangerous on their rare breakaways. Will Southcott and the outstanding Curnow threw their bodies in front of shots time after time at the heart of the Hurlers defence and Penryn came up against an in form keeper for the second game in a row with the superb Ryan Gendall carrying on from Mouseholes Micky Flores last week who was unbelievable!! Remember playing against Ryan’s dad Paddy who knew how to save a few shots in his day as well!! 👍 Good to see Ludgvans management team of Dave Leonard and Anthony Hosking after the game, two experienced old campaigners! Me and Hosky were comparing knees and I think his are even worse than mine!! 🤔😳️ Nice chatting to Rudders before the game as well, always refs with common sense and he had a bit quieter game today than he had on Tuesday night between Perranporth v St.Day. An enjoyable days footy for £3 even got a bit of a tan first half!!! 😅😅👍

1 hour ago, davegrose said:

13 Friday morning 8 by tea time annoyed is putting it politely

I don't know what is wrong with people these days. You can count on 1 hand the amount of games I've missed in 15 years playing football, now I'm managing I see every week 3-4 drop out on game day for various reasons, can't get my head around it.

3 minutes ago, Glen Patterson said:

I don't know what is wrong with people these days. You can count on 1 hand the amount of games I've missed in 15 years playing football, now I'm managing I see every week 3-4 drop out on game day for various reasons, can't get my head around it.

Because they have no responsibility anymore. 

Brought up with everything done for them, and given everything as well. 

They have no affiliation to anyone but themselves.

Is the Sunday Independent worth buying anymore.  Once again no St Piran match reports just an incomplete review.  To think this paper used to be about local football.  Now we just get page after page of professional football rammed down our throats while they save money by expecting someone to do it for peanuts.   We need to ask why the St Piran League which replaced the old SWPL East and West is now regarded as little more than park football.  All o save money.    

33 minutes ago, ECPL said:

Is the Sunday Independent worth buying anymore.  Once again no St Piran match reports just an incomplete review.  To think this paper used to be about local football.  Now we just get page after page of professional football rammed down our throats while they save money by expecting someone to do it for peanuts.   We need to ask why the St Piran League which replaced the old SWPL East and West is now regarded as little more than park football.  All o save money.    

Well I don't understand how as an email was sent around asking teams to send in a report for the fella to put in the independent. Maybe a mistake or maybe no team could be arsed. Either way I feel it would be good to get back how it used to be and read about the local leagues again. 

Its called sloppy journalism.  To save money the paper wants the clubs to do the work.   Unfortunately it does not work like that.  Some clubs are great others very difficult to get hold of.  But if someone wants to earn a tenner for three hours work and numerous telephone calls be my guest.   As I said it is a money saving exercise.    

Be surprised if the Indy is sill going in a couple of years it’s gone that far downhill. Peninsula reports look rushed and poor and anything below that league is a total waste of time putting in what they do. Think most of us used to buy it to see decent reports from our local league games not 2 pages each on the likes of Forest Green Rovers and Bournemouth 200 miles away. 

Its a shame they cant even name goal scorers.  Its called saving money so the sports writers can go galloping around the country to write many column inches of total garbage.  They forget that peoples attention spans are not what they used to be.