Cornwall Football Forum

The Paul Pogba saga

fenman

This Paul Pogba debate which seems to have been the most important thing in the world at the moment baffles me . Firstly as far as the media are concerned Wolves weren't playing and Ruben Neves's  goal wasn't exceptional it was all about Manchester United only getting a draw and Pogba taking a penalty . On SKY Neville ranted on for nearly 20 minutes about " there being something wrong when he and not Rashford took the penalty " .My point is , did Pogba miss the penalty ?  He put it hard in between the posts and under the crossbar and to the goalies right  so it was on target . The goalie , Portugal's international number one , anticipated the direction and saved it . So in my eyes Pogba didn't miss but the goalie made a brilliant save . It would be interesting what the  media opinion would have been if Neves took the penalty and dea Gae  saved it , in other words a Wolves penalty .

Pogba seems a strange character and must be the cause of much frustration to Manchester United fans , but I think it a bit unfair to make such a huge fuss about this incident .

SKY have a lot of hours to fill and need to keep their subscription up. Gary Neville is the best pundit around by far, but he works for SKY, I assume. A penalty was saved, happens every week. The fact that it was Pogba is mostly irrelevant. Pogba was IMO the outstanding player at last years WC. That form has not been transferred to the PL. Hence I expect why he wants out.

15 hours ago, Keith B said:

Total waste of money older. Trouble is who can afford him - unless United give him away, compared with what they paid for him. Waste of money.

With what he and others cost and earn he should be ashamed of himself.

In a real working environment he would get a slap not an arm around him!

See them rolling around in the Aston Villa game last night...not one of them was hurt...pussies. 

The ladies footy doesn't have any of it, maybe they should go and play in that league.

On second thoughts they are not man enough for that either! 

Can I clarify my original post . I am not defending Pogba  I have the same opinion of him as the majority of you . My point was Neville droning on , and on about the penalty .as if Pogba deliberately missed the penalty . I wondered what would have been said if Diago Jota had taken a penalty for Wolves at 1-1 and De Gae saved it  would Neville have droned on and on about De Gae saving it rather than Jota not scoring . In short dreadfully biased reporting .

Well ,well as I finish typing Rashford misses a penalty , what will Neville's view on that be ????????????????

45 minutes ago, fenman said:

Can I clarify my original post . I am not defending Pogba  I have the same opinion of him as the majority of you . My point was Neville droning on , and on about the penalty .as if Pogba deliberately missed the penalty . I wondered what would have been said if Diago Jota had taken a penalty for Wolves at 1-1 and De Gae saved it  would Neville have droned on and on about De Gae saving it rather than Jota not scoring . In short dreadfully biased reporting .

Well ,well as I finish typing Rashford misses a penalty , what will Neville's view on that be ????????????????

It wasn’t about the missed penalty. It was about the indecision on who was to take it. 

• 5 weeks later...