Cornwall Football Forum

Ronaldo

r_and_l

Is Ronaldo the top player in the world right now????????

In my opinion the answer is without a doubt YES no-one can touch him at the moment his free-kick against portsmouth was simply awesome the boy is amazing I just hope mr rooney is paying attention to the way ronaldo takes free-kicks and will start doing the same for England!!!!! :thumbsup:

what does everyone else think if the answer is no who do you think is better??????

Good GOD, no! To be the best requires not just technical ability but attitude, sportsmanship, character - too easily we forget his underhand antics. How can you even begin to compare players like him with Pele, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore? It is the same when Maradonna's name is linked with greatness. No, he was a cheat and lied about it afterwards. Even Jake Ash admitted his handball after the Whitehawk game. THAT takes CHARACTER. No. Ronaldo is technically a great player. That free kick a week or two ago against Pompey: good free kick, but not the "best this season" and other drivel written and spoken by reporters. You see free kicks of equal brilliance every Saturday somewhere up and down the country in these days of the modern football and modern boots.

I think he is by far the best player in the world at the moment however he wont get the FIFA award because he plays in England. Kaka was crowned world no1 a few months ago and although he's class for Brazil and in the Champions League, anyone who wacthes much Italian footy will no he gets snuffed out of most serie A games, hence Milans mid-table position. Not the case with Ronaldo, playing much better in a much better league.

There seems to be a anti-premiership bias when it comes to FIFA World player of the year though. Beckham, Bergkamp and Shearer could have been up there perhaps in the past and Henry in his prime definately should have won it around 2003-2005, nobody could touch him, but no award.

Anyway back to the initial question, Ronaldo is the best in the world, easy, he's a joy to watch and as i dont even find that difficult to say even though im an Arsenal fan. He's absolute class and if he gets better as he gets older he will be up there with the legends.

be interesting to see if he wins it this year cause other than lionel messi dont think there is anyone performing even close to his level of consistency gerrard has been ok but due to rafa rotation has'nt done enough for me like wise torres ronaldhino has'nt done anything this year so I think it should be between ronaldo and messi,with ronaldo coming out on top :thumbsup: