Cornwall Football Forum

Results - Saturday 17 August 2019

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER EAST

Axminster Town  5-0  Plymouth Marjons

Dartmouth   1v1   Honiton Town

Elmore    1-1    Cullompton Rangers

Holsworthy -  Ivybridge Town (Match abandoned)

IlfracombeTown    8-4    Stoke Gabriel

Millbrook    3-1     Torridgeside

Torpoint Athletic   0-3   Crediton United

Torrington    2-4    Sidmouth Town

KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER WEST

Bodmin Town    7-4   Newquay 

Callington Town  0-5 Wadebridge Town

Helston Athletic   1-2  Liskeard Athletic

Launceston    0-2   Wendron United

Mousehole    3-2    Camelford

Saltash United    7-1   Penzance

St Austell    2-0   Porthleven

St Blazey   1-2   Dobwalls

St Dennis    2-2   Falmouth Town

Sticker    2-3   Godolphin Atlantic

Hard to pick a team of the day in the West . St Austell for beating and dominating Port , St Dennis for drawing with double finalists last year or Liskeard beating the title wannabes away . Maybe , my title favourites , saltash with a convincing win Vs Penzance . 

St Blazey 1 (McGhee), Dobwalls 2 (Scott, Baugh)

This game, between two Division One West sides last season, was as expected a close-run affair.

After the home side had taken the lead through Callum McGhee on 22 minutes, they failed to apply any real serious pressure after that, being restricted to long range efforts from the likes of Ben Joyce and Jordan Hogan. The latter forced a great diving save out of the visitors ‘keeper Toby Chapman ten minutes before the break.

Dobwalls’ first half was probably best summed-up by an effort just before the interval when Tom Scott got a shot in, but without any real power behind it. Some attacks started off looking promising, but no end product!

While McGhee never saw too much action in the second half (a shame as he was probably the player most likely to score for St Blazey), Dobwalls struck twice within a couple minutes on the hour and it was that man Scott who pulled them back level with a looping header over Brodie Cole. Minutes later Cole was beaten again when Dobwalls made the most of St Blazey being slow to react at a free-kick and substitute Hayden Baugh, out wide on the left, had time to get in a shot which ended up in the far corner of the St Blazey net.

So, disappointment for the home supporters who must, however, take great pride in how good the surface is looking. Don’t get too despondent. While praise to the Dobwalls manager, for what I could hear, continual words of encouragement coming from him.

Watched the new look Godolphin this afternoon play at Sticker and they won 3-2 , Sticker went 2-0 up and the G couldnt hit a barn door with there shooting and wayward passes but a brilliant tactical switch by manager Paul SIDWELL bringing on Jacob Grang turned the game and the Gs brilliant player Joe Stone got 1 goal back and it wasnt long before the G scored again it was all the G with Dan Perryman going close on severel occasions but it was the G no 9 who got the winner i was saying to a fellow supporter how poor he was and he goes and get s the winner sorry No9 whoever you are .I felt sorry for Sticker they play some lovely football but once the G had scored there heads seemed to drop and there was only going to be 1 winner .Lovely ground Sticker lovely people make you feel welcome unlike some clubs and you get a free program unlike some places you got to pay a £1 for one . My Mom to the G JACOB GRANG AND FOR STICKER THE NO4

St Austell 2 Porthleven 0

It was lovely to see two teams play football in the right way today. Both sides tried to play short passing football with long passes only occuring to switch the play across the width of the pitch. Hats off to both managers for what they are trying to achieve!

St Austell scored a wonder free kick to open the scoring and lead at HT. The first half saw both teams have good periods of possesion and Porthleven were probably disappointed to go in behind as they more than matched the home side.

In the second half, the St Austell manager made a tactical switch. Which for me allowed them to dominate the half. The 9 (Miller) moved from upfront into CM and he absolutely ran the show. The game from this point was one way traffic. St Austell added number two in the second half with a tidy finish. 

Enjoyable game and hats off to both managers for two teams who appeared to hardly moan all afternoon.

20/20 vision takes a knock - should have gone to Specsavers!  Liskeard were at it and their pace worried Helston for most of the game - Helston are pedestrian at the back at best. If Liskeard were are bit more ruthless up front it would've been all over by half time. The two best Helston players by a mile - Bye and Slateford - were so far apart that they were never going to influence the game. Great result for Liskeard but prospective is required. Just my opinion remember

17 minutes ago, le boss said:

20/20 vision takes a knock - should have gone to Specsavers!  Liskeard were at it and their pace worried Helston for most of the game - Helston are pedestrian at the back at best. If Liskeard were are bit more ruthless up front it would've been all over by half time. The two best Helston players by a mile - Bye and Slateford - were so far apart that they were never going to influence the game. Great result for Liskeard but prospective is required. Just my opinion remember

Just looked at some of the action on twitter and I wonder if VAR would have wanted a look at the late Olly Brokenshire incident. Was his leg caught or not?

Nevertheless, a great win for Liskeard. Every game Helston play this season will be their opponents FA Cup Final!

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Just looked at some of the action on twitter and I wonder if VAR would have wanted a look at the late Olly Brokenshire incident. Was his leg caught or not?

Nevertheless, a great win for Liskeard. Every game Helston play this season will be their opponents FA Cup Final!

Anything but a Liskeard win would have been an injustice. don't think other clubs will think its a cup final - only media hype lol

Just now, le boss said:

Anything but a Liskeard win would have been an injustice. don't think other clubs will think its a cup final - only media hype lol

We only lost last season at Ludgvan 0-1 to Liskeard & we had no vision a one legged player a bloke with two right feet  a goalkeeper who was more like a cat 🐈 but we did have John Mathews at the tender age of 601 😂😂😂😂😂😂 just saying 

2 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

We only lost last season at Ludgvan 0-1 to Liskeard & we had no vision a one legged player a bloke with two right feet  a goalkeeper who was more like a cat 🐈 but we did have John Mathews at the tender age of 601 😂😂😂😂😂😂 just saying 

it's soooo unlike you to be bitter🤣🤣🤣

Not sure where to start ... Lots of games around my way yesterday & a slight disagreement over which fixtures would be best saw 3 of us attend different games & discuss each fixture at White Pyramid public house afterwards over afew Gin & Blood orange refreshments .

I ventured to where I know best at Priory Park to watch a goal fest between Bodmin & Newquay. In what was really a poor game in terms of defending from both teams, but Bodmin hitting the woodwork on more than one occasion should of scored 12 against Newquay, Newquay be relieved to come away yesterday with just the 7 goals against, very poor. Both teams missing players so no excuses. 

With these big scores, Bodmin putting 7 on Newquay yesterday, Penzance getting hammered midweek  by 6 goals & another smashing by 7 goals yesterday at Saltash it makes me wonder how this new league format is going to materialise ? 

Old friend Nick ( Nick Nickers) went to watch St.Blazey Vs Dobwalls, was disappointed by the poor attendance with it being a 'local' fixture, was also disappointed with the standard of play ( another one! ), kick & rush, with a few St.Blazey waistline's bigger than Gemma Collins ... Whoever she is?  He was however impressed with the surface , didn't feel the standard of play did it justice. Dobwalls scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes killing off Blazey & suggesting Dobwalls always in control of the game, including for the first hour when they were behind. Dobwalls looking fitter & sharper all across the park, & wanting to win the game more. Not a good start for the Saints. 

Lastly, Dwanne  went to take in Sticker against Godolphin in which he said was a very competitive game, played in a hard fair spirit, a credit to local football. Well done G on an away win & a good start to your season under a transition. Sticker he feels might be in for a long haul but gave everything.

Keep an eye out for us at the next set of fixtures .. we wear High Visibility jackets. 

16 hours ago, Northernmonkey said:

St Austell 2 Porthleven 0

It was lovely to see two teams play football in the right way today. Both sides tried to play short passing football with long passes only occuring to switch the play across the width of the pitch. Hats off to both managers for what they are trying to achieve!

St Austell scored a wonder free kick to open the scoring and lead at HT. The first half saw both teams have good periods of possesion and Porthleven were probably disappointed to go in behind as they more than matched the home side.

In the second half, the St Austell manager made a tactical switch. Which for me allowed them to dominate the half. The 9 (Miller) moved from upfront into CM and he absolutely ran the show. The game from this point was one way traffic. St Austell added number two in the second half with a tidy finish. 

Enjoyable game and hats off to both managers for two teams who appeared to hardly moan all afternoon.

19 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Why fa Cup final helston are poor they won’t win the league 

Spent an enjoyable afternoon at St Dennis 2 Falmouth Town 2

Have to admit I more or less expected the visitors to win this one but St Dennis certainly had other idea's.

Jaffa Rowe struck the home side into the lead in the 10th minute which proved to be one of the few occasions they got near the Falmouth 18 yard area first half.

Falmouth had massive possession advantage but disappointingly failed to finish where it counted.

8 minutes into the second half the visitors finally got one back and it was 1-1. There was a feeling Falmouth would be bagging a good few more this half.

St Dennis were having none of it and hassled Falmouth tirelessly, they even increased the number of counter attacks into visitor territory. Their plucky defence and never say die attitude played havoc with the Falmouth game plan.

I thought the show was finally over when Falmouth went ahead with just 12 minutes left. Once again St Dennis proved me wrong. On they battled. Surely they couldn't force a comeback?

With 5 minutes left St Dennis broke forward down the left and got a cross in, there was confusion in the Falmouth six yard area and after some ping-pong panicked clearance attempts the ball broke to that man Jaffa Rowe again who stabbed home a crucial critical equaliser... 2-2!

The F Troop were heart broken. The drums fell silent. Banners were being folded.

At the final whistle the home supporters looked like lottery winners.

The more sedate travelling fraternity from Falmouth trudged back to the car parking area shaking their heads in dismay.

Jolly good result for the battlers of St Dennis, not so sure it had the same appeal for the Falmouth Management team?

Who says this season is all too predictable....

Watched a very low quality game at Callington on Saturday.

Even though Wadebridge won the game 5-0, the level of quality from both sides wasn’t great.

Callington look to be going down a very very youthful road which is creditable but having seen this performance and previous results, it could be a very long season. Credit must go to there young GK who was outstanding from start finish.

Have yet to watch Saltash play so keen to see how far they have come since last year but having seen St Austell play twice already, good things seem to be happening at Poltair and when players like Mason Hughes are warming the bench, that tells you how much quality they have.

Looking forward to Saltash v Launceston on Wednesday.

A good neutral assessment--I did a corner count of 15--3  but it was from St.Dennis 3rd corner that sent them into joyous celebration..

The previous St.Dennis/Falmouth results  CSC  2018  FT.2--St.D.1---WCP Cup 2014   FT.1--St.D.2 aet

The last visit at Boscawen Park  St.Dennis v Falmouth    CSC 1993   St.D.1--FT. 2 (N.Thwaites & M.Rapsey)

I would guess on around 50 or more Falmouth supporters around the ground decked out in their yellow and black,flags and drums but NO Flares lol.

Declared attendance 125    (St.Dennis average 2018/19 was 56)

15 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

A good neutral assessment--I did a corner count of 15--3  but it was from St.Dennis 3rd corner that sent them into joyous celebration..

The previous St.Dennis/Falmouth results  CSC  2018  FT.2--St.D.1---WCP Cup 2014   FT.1--St.D.2 aet

The last visit at Boscawen Park  St.Dennis v Falmouth    CSC 1993   St.D.1--FT. 2 (N.Thwaites & M.Rapsey)

I would guess on around 50 or more Falmouth supporters around the ground decked out in their yellow and black,flags and drums but NO Flares lol.

Declared attendance 125    (St.Dennis average 2018/19 was 56)

cracking stats. Is it just me or does there seem to be an increase in supporters at all grounds? Saw a stat on here showing attendances in this league were higher than Tavistock etc in the league above

7 hours ago, SCFC said:

cracking stats. Is it just me or does there seem to be an increase in supporters at all grounds? Saw a stat on here showing attendances in this league were higher than Tavistock etc in the league above

Tavistocks home support is normally about 25-30 Which is higher than it was a couple of years ago so probably not a very good example

On 19/08/2019 at 15:30, teflon123 said:

Watched a very low quality game at Callington on Saturday.

Even though Wadebridge won the game 5-0, the level of quality from both sides wasn’t great.

Callington look to be going down a very very youthful road which is creditable but having seen this performance and previous results, it could be a very long season. Credit must go to there young GK who was outstanding from start finish.

Have yet to watch Saltash play so keen to see how far they have come since last year but having seen St Austell play twice already, good things seem to be happening at Poltair and when players like Mason Hughes are warming the bench, that tells you how much quality they have.

Looking forward to Saltash v Launceston on Wednesday.