Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Trust

Carharrack 1 Ruan Minor 6

Aaargh! New-look team, Old-look result!

You would have expected Ruan to come flying off the blocks for their first ever Combo game and maybe the new Carharrack team expected them to be a push-over, fresh out of the Trelawney league; but fly out of the blocks they did and it was a sobering start for the reds. The boy Perraton got the first two for Ruan - where have I seen him playing before and why does he change teams so often? At 2 - 0 down (8th and 12th minutes, both due to defensive errors - a warning of things to come!) Carharrack pulled one back via a cheeky FK on 28 by captain Glen (surname??); but then it was 1 - 3 (simple in off a corner at the near post - where was the marking?). It could have been 1 - 4 on 41 but for the offside. If the Ruan "scorer" had known the offside rule he could have held back and scored a valid goal - lucky for Carharrack. Shortlived again, though, as, kicking up the slope they went 1 - 4 up - a other defensive balls-up on 48. Then followed a 20 minute spell of few chances, another offside "goal" on 68, followed by 1 - 5 on 71 and, yes, yet another defensive ****-up. On 77 it was 1 - 6: a free kick just WASN'T followed in by the defence but as the goalie parried twice the Ruan forwards were in like Flynn to net on the third attempt. Yet another disallowed goal for offside on 82 emphasised Ruan's domination. Didn't get the other scorers - sorry! I was moved to comment that I'd like to have the whole Carharrack squad together for a week's footballing camp, 10 two-and-a-half hour sessions plus 4 thirty minute evening classroom sessions to turn them into footballers! I'd need a lottery win, though, to pay their wages and also the wages of any subs at their places of work!

Lovely afternoon for footy after yesterday: nice cuppa in a china mug for £1 (Brexit price!).  Less than 20 there to watch, I would guess, thought more might have made the long trek from Ruan.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Aaargh! New-look team, Old-look result!

You would have expected Ruan to come flying off the blocks for their first ever Combo game and maybe the new Carharrack team expected them to be a push-over, fresh out of the Trelawney league; but fly out of the blocks they did and it was a sobering start for the reds. The boy Perraton got the first two for Ruan - where have I seen him playing before and why does he change teams so often? At 2 - 0 down (8th and 12th minutes, both due to defensive errors - a warning of things to come!) Carharrack pulled one back via a cheeky FK on 28 by captain Glen (surname??); but then it was 1 - 3 (simple in off a corner at the near post - where was the marking?). It could have been 1 - 4 on 41 but for the offside. If the Ruan "scorer" had known the offside rule he could have held back and scored a valid goal - lucky for Carharrack. Shortlived again, though, as, kicking up the slope they went 1 - 4 up - a other defensive balls-up on 48. Then followed a 20 minute spell of few chances, another offside "goal" on 68, followed by 1 - 5 on 71 and, yes, yet another defensive ****-up. On 77 it was 1 - 6: a free kick just WASN'T followed in by the defence but as the goalie parried twice the Ruan forwards were in like Flynn to net on the third attempt. Yet another disallowed goal for offside on 82 emphasised Ruan's domination. Didn't get the other scorers - sorry! I was moved to comment that I'd like to have the whole Carharrack squad together for a week's footballing camp, 10 two-and-a-half hour sessions plus 4 thirty minute evening classroom sessions to turn them into footballers! I'd need a lottery win, though, to pay their wages and also the wages of any subs at their places of work!

Lovely afternoon for footy after yesterday: nice cuppa in a china mug for £1 (Brexit price!).  Less than 20 there to watch, I would guess, thought more might have made the long trek from Ruan.

It was myself that got the goal Tom. I'm the manager not the captain. Not making any excuses, but we were missing 12 players today, including our keeper & a few of our very best players. I'm not saying the result would have been different, just with regards to you saying we needed coaching. I had to raid some junior teams this week just to field 11 men. Full credit to Ruan though, we still had a decent enough team on paper, but were 2nd best throughout, think Ruan will be right up there come May. We have alot of work to do before Tuesdays game with St Day, but hopefully this was a 1 off. 

GAVIN PERRATON PORTHLEVEN
PORTHLEVEN
PERRANWELL
PERRANPORTH
PORTHLEVEN
ST AGNES
PERRANPORTH
PORTHLEVEN
FALMOUTH TOWN
-
2009-10
2011-13
2015-16
2016-17
2016-17
2017-18
2017-18
2017-18
2018-19
TOTALS
-
-
-
-

Fair comment, Glen. And if I may say so, a lovely bit of initiative with your goal! Sweet shot. Must admit I didn't understand why the goal stood: I had expected a whistle, didn't hear one so expected it to be ruled out and re-taken. But, nice one! Can't make Tuesday but thenceforward will be there barring the unforeseen. Have to have my Saturday afternoon cuppa-with-footy!

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:
GAVIN PERRATON PORTHLEVEN
PORTHLEVEN
PERRANWELL
PERRANPORTH
PORTHLEVEN
ST AGNES
PERRANPORTH
PORTHLEVEN
FALMOUTH TOWN
-
2009-10
2011-13
2015-16
2016-17
2016-17
2017-18
2017-18
2017-18
2018-19
TOTALS
-
-
-
-

Wonder what he’s doing down Ruan then... £££

4 hours ago, le boss said:

Makes you wonder what standard Carharrack are at if a Div 2 junior league team put 6 past them. Leagues are a little embarrassing already

The leagues aren’t embarrassing at all. Ruan have created a quality side the last couple years and walked div 2 last year and everybody said they’re easily a senior side. They’ve stepped up to combo this year cause of all the league shenanigans and why would you blame them trying to better themselves? And by the looks of it they’ve made the right decision. Carharrack were in the shit last season and have been saved by the new gaffers and have probably sorted a decent side worthy of playing combo. Instead of trying to insult the standard of the leagues maybe give it a few weeks and see what happens. Best of luck to Ruan who are trying to turn a village side into a top team and to Carharrack who have turned it around to compete this season. Your opinion is pure stupidity. 

All the best, Danny Richards Gwinear Churchtown manager 👍🏼

10 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I wouldn’t... but that’s only because I’m not good enough to be paid to play. 😂

It’s not really any different from getting paid to ref!

It’s a no brainer, getting money for doing something you enjoy! If someone (and don’t ask me why they should) is prepared to offer, seems appropriate to do!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

It’s not really any different from getting paid to ref!

It’s a no brainer, getting money for doing something you enjoy! If someone (and don’t ask me why they should) is prepared to offer, seems appropriate to do!

Refereeing and playing are completely different kettles of fish though. 

I've always said that if someone wants to offer money in exchange for player services, then there shouldn't be an issue. It's no different to me wasting money on a new hoover or something. It's up to me how I spend my money... Well, it was until I got married.

The issue you have is when the funds dry up, you lose the commitment of the players and the loyalties these days are worth nothing unless there's a benefit for them, often financially.

Clubs want success and when you have a financial backing, that's the quick way of achieving it. 

3 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Refereeing and playing are completely different kettles of fish though. 

I've always said that if someone wants to offer money in exchange for player services, then there shouldn't be an issue. It's no different to me wasting money on a new hoover or something. It's up to me how I spend my money... Well, it was until I got married.

The issue you have is when the funds dry up, you lose the commitment of the players and the loyalties these days are worth nothing unless there's a benefit for them, often financially.

Clubs want success and when you have a financial backing, that's the quick way of achieving it. 

I feel for you if the most exciting thing you can think to waste money on is a Hoover. That sucks 

On 17/08/2019 at 23:37, DRichards said:

The leagues aren’t embarrassing at all. Ruan have created a quality side the last couple years and walked div 2 last year and everybody said they’re easily a senior side. They’ve stepped up to combo this year cause of all the league shenanigans and why would you blame them trying to better themselves? And by the looks of it they’ve made the right decision. Carharrack were in the shit last season and have been saved by the new gaffers and have probably sorted a decent side worthy of playing combo. Instead of trying to insult the standard of the leagues maybe give it a few weeks and see what happens. Best of luck to Ruan who are trying to turn a village side into a top team and to Carharrack who have turned it around to compete this season. Your opinion is pure stupidity. 

All the best, Danny Richards Gwinear Churchtown manager 👍🏼

Will you be applying for combo this season? Village club!️ Village idiot!

On 17/08/2019 at 19:19, le boss said:

Makes you wonder what standard Carharrack are at if a Div 2 junior league team put 6 past them. Leagues are a little embarrassing already

That'll be the Ruan side that didn't lose in the league last season (3 draws), won the Lockhart Cup (for Division 2) and won the Percy Stephens Cup beating Premier sides Mawnan in the semi-final and Illogan RBL Res in the final.  No mugs and will do well this season.

19 hours ago, Pegs said:

Will you be applying for combo this season? Village club!️ Village idiot!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

And what amazing side are you a part of then

3 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

That'll be the Ruan side that didn't lose in the league last season (3 draws), won the Lockhart Cup (for Division 2) and won the Percy Stephens Cup beating Premier sides Mawnan in the semi-final and Illogan RBL Res in the final.  No mugs and will do well this season.

As I said above, we were missing 12 players on Saturday, most of them on holiday, if it wasn't for my links with Threemilestone we wouldn't have raised a side. In pre season we played 2 Trelawney prem teams & beat them 8-0 & 6-1. Come may I don't think there will be any debate as to whether Carharrack can compete at combo level. That being said Ruan were absolutely class, will take a decent team to beat them this season.

10 minutes ago, Glen Patterson said:

As I said above, we were missing 12 players on Saturday, most of them on holiday, if it wasn't for my links with Threemilestone we wouldn't have raised a side. In pre season we played 2 Trelawney prem teams & beat them 8-0 & 6-1. Come may I don't think there will be any debate as to whether Carharrack can compete at combo level. That being said Ruan were absolutely class, will take a decent team to beat them this season.

After all of their problems last season it'll be good to see Carharrack competitive again Glen.  My point to Bash was not to dismiss Ruan just because they were in Trelawny 2 last season.  They're a good sided and will more than hold their own in the Combo this season.

In all fairness, I think you'll find a few of the Ruan boys are combination standard anyways, The boy Ensink has been around a while and he was on the bench. 

Let's be honest guys and girls and Statisticians, the combination standard and is not as competitive as it once was and that happens in all aspects of sport. You'll soon see, who will do what and when, once the season properly gets underway. The seasons only 1 game in. 

Various sides won't be full strength week in week out. 

At the end of the day..... It gets dark. 

1 hour ago, Glen Patterson said:

Which trelawney prem teams?

3 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

After all of their problems last season it'll be good to see Carharrack competitive again Glen.  My point to Bash was not to dismiss Ruan just because they were in Trelawny 2 last season.  They're a good sided and will more than hold their own in the Combo this season.

I'm in no way dismissing Ruan - they are a good side.

On 18/08/2019 at 10:24, Cornish Dave said:

Why is it when clubs do well people mention money? Can people not praise decent sides anymore? Seems abit ridiculous if you ask me. Well done Ruan minor fantastic result 

Because they are paying a wedge thats why! Child Care cash in hand and free bar!

it was the same last year, free bar after the game and money exchanging hands and that was division 2 in trelawney...... any manager can put together a decent team if they want to splash the cash....

Just get on with your our plans and stop worrying about what other clubs are up to...... get a solid foundation not built on money and you will be there when other teams struggle if the money pot dries up.....

4 hours ago, Portreathlegend said:

it was the same last year, free bar after the game and money exchanging hands and that was division 2 in trelawney...... any manager can put together a decent team if they want to splash the cash....

Just get on with your our plans and stop worrying about what other clubs are up to...... get a solid foundation not built on money and you will be there when other teams struggle if the money pot dries up.....

Who really give a sh*t if people want to pay players so be it. Who with this county's standard wages would turn down money. Hear the same old crock of Sh*t every season. Who gives a flying pygmys ear, if clubs think they can afford to pay players, leave them to It. More fool the person who wants to use their money, or offload it in a tax bill etc. That's upto them! Is it effecting anyone else's pocket but theirs, is it stopping YOU the opposition or fellow managers from putting food on your tables....? NO! Enjoy your players and the clubs you manage for. 

1 hour ago, Asterix said:

Who really give a sh*t if people want to pay players so be it. Who with this county's standard wages would turn down money. Hear the same old crock of Sh*t every season. Who gives a flying pygmys ear, if clubs think they can afford to pay players, leave them to It. More fool the person who wants to use their money, or offload it in a tax bill etc. That's upto them! Is it effecting anyone else's pocket but theirs, is it stopping YOU the opposition or fellow managers from putting food on your tables....? NO! Enjoy your players and the clubs you manage for. 

It’s not ‘the clubs’ paying. It’s individuals!!! 

4 hours ago, St Darren said:

It’s not ‘the clubs’ paying. It’s individuals!!! 

OK let me rephrase any part of my statement as "individuals" instead of club. But surely these members are part of a club. Does it make a difference if these INDIVIDUALS pay players. No. Stop being so pedantic.