Cornwall Football Forum

Dorchester tonight?

How much is it to get in tonight? Have the new owners, inspired by the size of the gate for the Helston friendly which was free admission and keen to try to get some home interest sparked for this new season, decided to make this first home game a low-priced/free entry occasion? Can't find anything on the club site (which only seems to give last season's prices) so - anyone know? If the concessionary price is a tenner - too dear! A fiver and I'll be there!

Tom the club have tweeted : “As attention turns towards Tuesday's home game, please note ticket prices of £10 adults / £5 concessions with U10s free when accompanied by a paying adult. A £1 Treyew Road car park fee is in place to raise funds for a new youth section and to encourage car sharing. Thank you.”

They’re also throwing in a free programme 

Yes, a nice scoreline.

A pleasant evening, especially as I learned that the £5 concession is to apply all season, so I guess I'll watch Truro more than I thought I would!Mbayo's goal (37 mins) a header from a corner, Jephcott's (79) a stinging low drive across the 'keeper and Keats (90) an opportunistic strike from inside the box. Dorchester might have scored but for the Truro 'keeper being in the right position. Nice to see Yetts on for a busy half hour and he was unlucky not to get a clear sight of goal.

Lots of familiar faces, nice to see people and no, I'm not coming back to do the announcing. The boys doing it battled with an off-colour PA system which needs some serious repairs (I would guess) to its wiring: announcements inaudible in the old stand. Bit of a Health and Safety issue there.

Roseworthy Farms doing their thing again with the burgers but £1.50 for a cuppa? Makes Carharrack's price rise more bearable!

Don't know what the line-ups were (see PA problem) or what the attendance was. Didn't look too bad, though.

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Truro City 3 Dorchester Town 0

Scorers Mbayo, Jephcot and Keats.

And a very good game to go with the score line.

Control, pace and fitness from Truro playing in red and black (hooooray) 

3 chances each created by both sides, Truro taking theirs and Dorchester hitting the goalie with the ones they made.

Overall a deserved Truro win with the defence looking impressive, particularly the left back...my man of the match. 

Also well officiated. 

Crowd announced as 450 odd! Really? more like 300 tops.

All in all a very enjoyable evening, me and my mates plan to go again!

Got to lie down now!

4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Official Match attendance given as 470.

Unless a 100 or so were hiding in the trees, I struggled to see 470 at truro. They played some very good football. Left back (no 3) best player on the pitch. Back 4 was very strong, good to see wardy doing well had a quality game also. Some very good players and with a big budget ( similar to Helston), they will do quite well this year. 

I Felt a Love Affair coming on tonight it was "Bringing on Back the Good Times" Got another one lined up for Saturday it includes a Submarine in the title. Well top of the league after two games can't ask for more than that. To be fair Dorchester took it to us in second half and looked worth a point but it's all about taking your chances. As for the attendance tonight I would say spot on, crowd evenly spaced all around the ground. Just for Somersetspur another clean sheet. :thumbsup:

Be interested to hear from anyone who was at the game last night regarding the Dorchester away strip. For the record they played in fluorescent green which to be fair I thought gave them a slight advantage under floodlights when it came to picking out a pass, or is it my eyesight is not all it used to be. Brought back memories of the infamous grey strip Man U wore many moons ago. 

4 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Be interested to hear from anyone who was at the game last night regarding the Dorchester away strip. For the record they played in fluorescent green which to be fair I thought gave them a slight advantage under floodlights when it came to picking out a pass, or is it my eyesight is not all it used to be. Brought back memories of the infamous grey strip Man U wore many moons ago. 

Absolutely bloody awful strip! and Truro's lights are not the best in world either. 

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

It was horrible!

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Margate Dover, Canvey Island Eastbourne Maidstone Bedford Corby Banbury Leamington St Neots Cambridge Oxford Stourbridge Hednesford to add a few more to the list. You fish and chip league supporters don't know your born. :c:

I'd say we are the sensible ones!

Time it takes to go those places and back home our fish and chips would be stone cold. 

47 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'd say we are the sensible ones!

Time it takes to go those places and back home our fish and chips would be stone cold. 

We would have allowed you to eat them on the bus Older washed down with bottle of proper job. To be honest can't say I've ever regretted following my team all over the country, not just about going to the game but meeting up with the exiles for a pre match session. Long may they continue, must say I am looking forward to some of the shorter journeys this season ie. Tivvy my favourite non league ground Taunton Weston-super-Mare Dorchester Salisbury Swindon & Merthyr, be back in time for match of the day.