Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs St Blazey

Should be a good game tonight ,think it will be close but Newquay have better players in my opinion but St Blazey will give them a game i saw them vs Truro in Pre season and they where very good even though this wasnt the full Truro 1st team but St Blazey got 2 really good players in Callum McGee and a lively player called Eke . Im going for a 3-1 win to Newquay tonight

Looking forward to this game also 100% Cornish, hoping the rain comes so I can try out my new Karimoor rain jacket I purchased on Sunday from Pool Market. 

On to the football, I am staying tight lipped as my comments usually upset people. After talking to a few of the old guard at Blaise Park on Saturday, they are very optimistic that the first 6 fixtures Blazey have been give should be looking at least 12 points, with games against ( no disrespect here! ) Wendron, Penzance, Dobwalls & an awful Callington side last weekend are all an easy path to points. Even heard a couple of the young Blazey Cubs predict a 0-3 win tonight for themselves, ( love the confidence ! ) but time will tell. Rain falling steadily now here in Lanhydrock

38 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Looking forward to this game also 100% Cornish, hoping the rain comes so I can try out my new Karimoor rain jacket I purchased on Sunday from Pool Market. 

On to the football, I am staying tight lipped as my comments usually upset people. After talking to a few of the old guard at Blaise Park on Saturday, they are very optimistic that the first 6 fixtures Blazey have been give should be looking at least 12 points, with games against ( no disrespect here! ) Wendron, Penzance, Dobwalls & an awful Callington side last weekend are all an easy path to points. Even heard a couple of the young Blazey Cubs predict a 0-3 win tonight for themselves, ( love the confidence ! ) but time will tell. Rain falling steadily now here in Lanhydrock

Hoping for a good performance from Blazey tonight, don't expect a win but will go in hope of getting a result. Much will depend on what sort of side they can put out , be surprised if it's the same team that played well against Callington , probably4 or 5  changes.

13 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Premier League Assistant refereeing the game too!

No fault of the Referee, players have really let their supporters down. At One nil regardless how your playing your one deflection, one worldie, one mistake, ONE Goal away from pinching a draw, but the players & possibly the management showed their inexperience & let the players run riot & gave themselves no chance at all with the sendings off & keeper Sin Bin. Newquay to be honest not much better but probably just shaded it, & like one of their supporters said nice to just get off the mark & get points on the board.

Blazey on paper go in to & carry on their run of easier fixtures where they could & should  pick up some points, or else potentially could be in trouble. 

1 minute ago, leedsunited said:

No fault of the assistant, players have really let their supporters down. At One nil regardless big how your playing your one deflection, one worldie, one mistake, ONE Goal away from pinching a draw, but the players & possibly the management showed their inexperience & let the players run riot & gave themselves no chance at all with the sendings off & keeper Sin Bin. Newquay to be honest not much better but probably shaded it, & like one of their supporters said nice to just get off the mark & get points on the board.

Blazey on paper go in to & carry on their run of easier fixtures where they could & should  pick up some points, or else potentially could be in trouble. 

Score?

This was a bloody awful game not many shots at goal from both sides Newquay scored only goal from man of the match by a mile Jose Perez in attack and defence after Aaran Dilley went off injured and also lost Phil Lowry to injury after he missed a sitter ,St Blazey wouldnt of scored if they where until Christmas they tried hard enough but looked poor but so was Newquay .St Blazey had there goalie sin binned with 10 mins to go .This was  such a poor game dont even think Newquay deserved there 1-0 win tonight i expect i will have commnts saying im talking out of my rear end but thats my opinion .Both teams need to play better than this 3 hard point for Newquay tonight in front of not a bad crowd man of match for Newquay Jose Perez for attack and in defence and for St Blazey think hes calld Lee Rundl the big no5 . Hope dont see many more games like that or i will hav to start knitting with my pipe and slippers on .Good 1-1 draw for the G tonight will be out to see them next week if its not peeing down

17 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

This was a bloody awful game not many shots at goal from both sides Newquay scored only goal from man of the match by a mile Jose Perez in attack and defence after Aaran Dilley went off injured and also lost Phil Lowry to injury after he missed a sitter ,St Blazey wouldnt of scored if they where until Christmas they tried hard enough but looked poor but so was Newquay .St Blazey had there goalie sin binned with 10 mins to go .This was  such a poor game dont even think Newquay deserved there 1-0 win tonight i expect i will have commnts saying im talking out of my rear end but thats my opinion .Both teams need to play better than this 3 hard point for Newquay tonight in front of not a bad crowd man of match for Newquay Jose Perez for attack and in defence and for St Blazey think hes calld Lee Rundl the big no5 . Hope dont see many more games like that or i will hav to start knitting with my pipe and slippers on .Good 1-1 draw for the G tonight will be out to see them next week if its not peeing down

Agreed!! But if I were to say all that I am shot down for moaning ... But your right 100% Cornish two very very poor sides. No 5 Rundle, I have seen Milk turn quicker than him .. 

51 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

No fault of the Referee, players have really let their supporters down. At One nil regardless how your playing your one deflection, one worldie, one mistake, ONE Goal away from pinching a draw, but the players & possibly the management showed their inexperience & let the players run riot & gave themselves no chance at all with the sendings off & keeper Sin Bin. Newquay to be honest not much better but probably just shaded it, & like one of their supporters said nice to just get off the mark & get points on the board.

What were sending offs for?

20 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Should be a good game tonight ,think it will be close but Newquay have better players in my opinion but St Blazey will give them a game i saw them vs Truro in Pre season and they where very good even though this wasnt the full Truro 1st team but St Blazey got 2 really good players in Callum McGee and a lively player called Eke . Im going for a 3-1 win to Newquay tonight

Neither McGee and Eke or played, perhaps it would have been a good game if both had. Newquay the better side , good finish by Perez for the only goal which looked yards offside. Can't remember the Newquay goalie making a worthwhile save.

Edited by Iand
Grammer

Not the best of games for any neutral. Both sides hardly hit the target 5 times between the sides. Both sides gave everything though and if Newquay are a side who might break into the top 6 then St Blazey have matched them all night long. Some poor decision making from players and officials during the night. The linesman not flagging for off side when the Newquay lad was 5 yards off side. and then players for St Blazey jumping in and getting sin binned or red cards not helping our cause. 

Dobwalls and Penzance away coming up. Nothing is easy and if you think it is, you will loose. 

Re group and go again.

The referee got most decisions right except for the foul on Arron Dilly in then first couple of minutes,this upset Newquays play and with 3 more injuries

to Phil Lowery ,Scott Flanigan and Ollie Pinnell Newquay will take a very different side to Bodmin on saturday.

2 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Slightly embarrassing tweets last night from blazey management team and player, surely they should have been a bit more mature. Could be risking an investigation now.

Totally agreed seen loads of comments from players and club management staff slating the ref and lineman . Absolute disgrace and they will be in trouble for this and every right to be. Everyone new before hand no gobbing of back to the ref . Keeper rightly sin binned .then seen Cole the keeper tweeting  . Very disgusting. An Awful game .

st blazey management awful towards the fa officials. Hope this is dealt with . 

Edited by Dave Deacon

1 hour ago, Journeyman009 said:

Totally agreed seen loads of comments from players and club management staff slating the ref and lineman . Absolute disgrace and they will be in trouble for this and every right to be. Everyone new before hand no gobbing of back to the ref . Keeper rightly sin binned .then seen Cole the keeper tweeting  Very disgusting. An Awful game .

st blazey management awful towards the fa officials. Hope this is dealt with . 

Agreed. Said it time & time again, even the St.Blazey supporters have said the two guys in charge are way out of their depth when it comes to this level of football. Absolute embarrassment, bringing themselves, & more importantly a fine fine Old football club in to disrepute. The linesman has had some awful personal twitter attacks after last night that needs to be addressed by the CCFA, I hope Mr. Long includes it all in his referee report. St.Blazey football club doesn't represent/stand for what their two fool's of management condone & acting in last evening. Take your amateurish habits back to the P&D league.  

What an earth happened last night? Sounds like carnage, evidently the St Blazey management team feel extremely aggrieved by last nights game and have reacted badly!

Did the officials have an off day? Or was it just one of them games?

44 minutes ago, SID said:

What an earth happened last night? Sounds like carnage, evidently the St Blazey management team feel extremely aggrieved by last nights game and have reacted badly!

Just a bunch of wannabes trying to blame their result on a PREMIER LEAGUE REFEREE !! Then reverting to social media to threaten, abuse & intimidate the official's after the game. The old guard would be mortified at what levels it's sank to. Must say how good the pitch looked last night at Mt.Wise, well done. 

What was written on twitter shouldn’t have been done, but I’m not so sure there were any threats leedsunited? As for the “old guard” - who’s to say some of them wouldn’t have done the same if they had such facilities as twitter etc available back then! There’s always a few ‘hot heads’ amongst us!

1 hour ago, SID said:

Think the main grievance was that they felt the only goal of the game was 5 yards offside. The Referee did consult with the linesman over his decision. Not sure how tactful this will come over, but the linesman was slightly on the large side. He looked more built  for shot putting than sprinting. 

3 hours ago, SID said:

Ref got every decision right, Blazey management and players were just embarrassing with their antics and in front of goal, very poor side. The ref had probably been called a lot worse by the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Gerrard etc, I’m sure he’s not bother about little jimmy from St Blazey 😂

One of the worst games of football I have witnessed in a very long time. Sad really, many, me included, thought that on paper this had the makings of a cracking match.

I don't think either side was intentionally dirty. It was a full-on committed encounter which sadly went pear shaped for the visitors in the last quarter. Certainly St Blazey have questions to answer regarding their somewhat bizarre conduct during both that final period and after the final whistle. I have confidence the matter will be adequately looked into.

As regards my above statement, my apology if persons have an in depth insight in respect of viewing the tackles that sidelined and injured the Newquay players (and the disputed offside decision). Being stood quite some way away on the touchline doesn't qualify me to make a verifiable judgement on the incidents (as I would imagine is the case for most who watched from similar vantage points).

Quality never got an invite to this football match. A staggering amount of misplaced passes and so few chances. It was awful. Students of hoofing, chasing and loud yelling would be in their element. The officials must be on those extra strong headache tablets today.

Hard to tell how good or bad the two sides are from this showing?

I've not made a diary entry to go along to the return fixture at Blaise Park later this season.

Lets not allow one negative encounter to tarnish what has been a pretty good start to the South West Peninsula League West.

For me, it's roll on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

One of the worst games of football I have witnessed in a very long time. Sad really, many, me included, thought that on paper this had the makings of a cracking match.

I don't think either side was intentionally dirty. It was a full-on committed encounter which sadly went pear shaped for the visitors in the last quarter. Certainly St Blazey have questions to answer regarding their somewhat bizarre conduct during both that final period and after the final whistle. I have confidence the matter will be adequately looked into.

As regards my above statement, my apology if persons have an in depth insight in respect of viewing the tackles that sidelined and injured the Newquay players (and the disputed offside decision). Being stood quite some way away on the touchline doesn't qualify me to make a verifiable judgement on the incidents (as I would imagine is the case for most who watched from similar vantage points).

Quality never got an invite to this football match. A staggering amount of misplaced passes and so few chances. It was awful. Students of hoofing, chasing and loud yelling would be in their element. The officials must be on those extra strong headache tablets today.

Hard to tell how good or bad the two sides are from this showing?

I've not made a diary entry to go along to the return fixture at Blaise Park later this season.

Lets not allow one negative encounter to tarnish what has been a pretty good start to the South West Peninsula League West.

For me, it's roll on Saturday.

But on the other hand let's also not let perpetrators / thugs get away with this terrible abuse towards officials .. Let's hope discipline from the league & Club are sanctioned 

I was right behind where the rather large Linesman was last night and i thought he had a good game he had so much abus from the manaement and St Blazey subs last night i felt sorry for him and he took all the insults and just had a laugh about them ,this man should be applauded for the abuse he got .Hes doing the job for the love of the game if there wasnt for people like him we wouldnt have a game to watch each week .Give the poor officials a break most of the time they do a good job

Should of come and said Hello last night Leeds promise my vicious dog wouldnt bite you ,I agree with what you said about the match it was 1 of the worst games of football i have seen there was no football played ,the goal by Perez was clearly offside and that seen to incence the Blazey management and players and the poor linesman got all the insults shouted at him some of the things Jordan Walton said to him where disgustin ,Newuay lost 3 players to injury last night which could affect there future matches .Hope the abuse doesnt affect  th linesman i have seen him on the line many of times and he does a fine job .Well done Young Man

6 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Many have right criticised abuse of official - but Leeds, before you take too much high ground - remember where you were sat the last few seasons - I didn’t hear any cries from you for sanctions there

I understand your comments, & appreciate Bodmin are no angels. ... However using social media to abuse match officials is far far more serious, also bringing a football club in to disripute with 3 sending offs, having both managers reverting to Twitter etc is something that never ever happened at Bodmin, Darren Gilbert would of never of condoned that. These kids can only dream of getting the respect & success Darren has had. Anyway this isn't about Bodmin, this is about what happened last night, which many people have witnessed & expressed utter disgrace to . 

Agreed 100% , just hope last night's experience hasn't & will not put off the young linesman from participating in future matches. 

2 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Why is abusing match officials on Twitter far more serious than abusing them face to face?

Agreed both are not acceptable and need to stop, however, with social media, that abuse will have the potential to spread world wide, I know from looking at it there are former SWPL players in Australia and America who have seen it. 

Also with social media you leave your victim defenceless and there is a power of feeling untouchable because you are behind a screen and Keyboard.

What ever you think of the decisions we as players/managers need to conduct ourselves better when things don't go our way. Last night was embarrassing to watch. 

Surly it needs the committee of st blazey to step in and remind the manager and players what expected. 

If players are on social media making comments about refs and bringing the club into disrepute then any decent manager would come down on them like a ton of bricks. Too many of the players are management are pals so no respect  .

blazey are a brilliant club and always been run well , I’m all for giving people a chance but you can’t bring Sunday pub football and attitude  into a club that expects you to represent them. 

I fear this won’t be an isolated issue looking at the players in blazey team  

I think a few here have jumped on the band wagon of a couple comments. The truth has been stretched and stretched some more to suit some people agenda. Nothing has been mentioned of the Newquay bench screaming for any reason to get people booked etc. Very easy to blame one lot when it suits. As for calling managers sunday league etc, well where are the next up and coming managers going to come from if their never given a chance? Easy to knock them on here. Maybe have a chat with them and get to know them. Offer advice maybe. But no, that wouldnt suit the agenda. 

Roll on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I think a few here have jumped on the band wagon of a couple comments. The truth has been stretched and stretched some more to suit some people agenda. Nothing has been mentioned of the Newquay bench screaming for any reason to get people booked etc. Very easy to blame one lot when it suits. As for calling managers sunday league etc, well where are the next up and coming managers going to come from if their never given a chance? Easy to knock them on here. Maybe have a chat with them and get to know them. Offer advice maybe. But no, that wouldnt suit the agenda. 

Roll on Saturday. 

I think Paul many of the comments about Sunday League is just as much to do with the juvenile comments on twitter as much as what happened on the pitch on the night.

On 15/08/2019 at 18:37, Paul said:

Roll on Saturday. 

Agenda 🤣🤣🤣

Own supporters agree Paul! Anyway beat Dobwalls today ( let's be honest as a club like St.Blazey should do with ease ) & the cracks & agenda can be papered over for a little while longer 🙄 As for people jumping on the bandwagon, why would they? Everyone saw the management's actions at the match & afterwards on twitter!