Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance Chairman Nick Duncan Removed

10 minutes ago, winston said:

The same Danny O that has joined Perranporth? 

Did people really think this guy would back up his words? Offering unproven kids £50 a game and holidays. 

£50 a game & Holidays 🤣🤣🤣

League Champion's on that promise ! Who is manager down there?

Danny probably saw it coming? ... 👍

There was a post on the twitter account last night to say Nick was no longer involved at the club. I can't recall the exact wording.

I replied to the message asking what was going on. Subsequently this post from the club was deleted. 

No idea what is happening back home in Pz but it's embarrassing to say the least. Knowing what has been going on behind the scenes re potential mergers, the last thing we need is more off field turmoil.

Anthony Reynolds has done a good job in recruiting players over the summer. Hope he gets the chance to get things going on the pitch. 

I'm not in a position within PZ AFC to make any official comment on the "goings-on" there but am obviously concerned that we have all been duped by a very plausible "intruder". I know that as much scrutiny as possible was carried out before the appointment and there was nothing to suggest he was not a genuine, good-intentioned person who was willing and able to help the Club to go forward. I cannot guess what his real intention was but would warn that he is now known to have been "sniffing around" other football, rugby and cricket clubs in Cornwall and possibly in Devon as well!

11 minutes ago, burt said:

What a joke! Laughing stock of Cornwall! Will they still be 'Sail All Together' 

Don't think too many will be laughing but I am sure the Club will continue to pull together to overcome the current, unforeseen situation.

39 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I'm not in a position within PZ AFC to make any official comment on the "goings-on" there but am obviously concerned that we have all been duped by a very plausible "intruder". I know that as much scrutiny as possible was carried out before the appointment and there was nothing to suggest he was not a genuine, good-intentioned person who was willing and able to help the Club to go forward. I cannot guess what his real intention was but would warn that he is now known to have been "sniffing around" other football, rugby and cricket clubs in Cornwall and possibly in Devon as well!

Don't think too many will be laughing but I am sure the Club will continue to pull together to overcome the current, unforeseen situation.

Let's hope so, don't need more clubs folding up!

A considered reply will be released after our regular monthly committee meeting tonight. Anyone who has the guts to post with their real name may get a reply but all the anonymous crap posted above is just that, crap. We are actually in a much stronger position. Anonymous lies and gossip do not help. Some of these idiots actually claim to support Penzance. You couldn't make it up. 

Charlie Farley Penzance AFC Secretary 

Can’t see how anyone would take pleasure out of a great club like Penzance being duped by a con man. Let’s be honest, any club would be delighted to take on board an individual promising the world for their club whether it’s trackies, polos, bags, boots or a healthy player budget, we all want the best for our team. In reality there’s not many i.e Steve Masseys at Helston who actually put their money where their mouth is and improve the facilities as well as attracting the best local players on the pitch and actually care for the club. Hope the Magpies can regroup and get some player loyalty when they need it most. Penlee Park is still one of the best football venues in the county to play your footy and are a massive sleeping giant of Cornish football. Penzance won’t be the first or last club to be conned, remember a guy rocking up at Man Utd in the 80’s doing keepy uppies on the pitch at OT and smashing a ball into the net promising about 10 million at the time, crowd cheering him on, had bout £50 quid in his bank account after being declared bankrupt! Plenty of these big time Charlie’s around just bad luck to PZ for getting mugged off by one of them. Good luck for a good season to all the   hard working people at Penzance 👍👏🏼

33 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Can’t see how anyone would take pleasure out of a great club like Penzance being duped by a con man. Let’s be honest, any club would be delighted to take on board an individual promising the world for their club whether it’s trackies, polos, bags, boots or a healthy player budget, we all want the best for our team. In reality there’s not many i.e Steve Masseys at Helston who actually put their money where their mouth is and improve the facilities as well as attracting the best local players on the pitch and actually care for the club. Hope the Magpies can regroup and get some player loyalty when they need it most. Penlee Park is still one of the best football venues in the county to play your footy and are a massive sleeping giant of Cornish football. Penzance won’t be the first or last club to be conned, remember a guy rocking up at Man Utd in the 80’s doing keepy uppies on the pitch at OT and smashing a ball into the net promising about 10 million at the time, crowd cheering him on, had bout £50 quid in his bank account after being declared bankrupt! Plenty of these big time Charlie’s around just bad luck to PZ for getting mugged off by one of them. Good luck for a good season to all the decent people hard working people at Penzance 👍👏🏼

13 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Agree with Rappo! I had plenty of great times at Penzance and helped them out again a few years back and loved the chance to go back and do some coaching. 

Good luck to the club and hope you have a successful season. 

1 hour ago, Joe Slovo said:

A considered reply will be released after our regular monthly committee meeting tonight. Anyone who has the guts to post with their real name may get a reply but all the anonymous crap posted above is just that, crap. We are actually in a much stronger position. Anonymous lies and gossip do not help. Some of these idiots actually claim to support Penzance. You couldn't make it up. 

Charlie Farley Penzance AFC Secretary 

Maybe Penzance could tempt Mark ' Ravenous ' Rapsey & Tommy ' Macho'  Matthews in to a return to Penlee Park in a Capacity to help move them forward .. ? Dream Team ... 

I’m sure Reno will do a great job with some help and commitment, wish you and all those characters at Penzance a good season Charlie, like Tommy said it’s a great club to play for with some lovely genuine football people and a cracking set up. (did notice Penlee Park could do with some nice box nets though! ) 😁👍️  Had some brilliant times and memories there, be nice to see the club back where it belongs. Tom would be brilliant at whatever he does, not sure I would be much help but we would have a laugh anyway! Good luck to Reno, Stevo, Greeter and everyone down there for a good season 👍

Haha you would think WOTP!! 😀 Just an obsession of mine really, did notice while we are on the subject that despite all the great work gone on at Parkway and money spent your nets are out the arc!!! Get rid of those old triangle stanchions and get some nice yellow and blue box nets up quick! Sticker could help you out, they got a great price Avers said!  👍