KITCHEN KIT PENINSULA PREMIER WEST

Bodmin Town    1-3    Mousehole

Penzance    2-2    Wendron United

Porthleven    2-2    Dobwalls

St Blazey    3-1    Callington Town

FA CUP

Saltash United    1-2    Clevedon Town

Willand Rovers    2-1    AFC St Austell

Saltash United 1, Clevedon Town 2 (FA Cup)

I think this might be one that Saltash will feel got away!

Conceding a soft goal in the 85th minute was just a bit too much for them to come from behind twice.

A troublesome wind blowing up the pitch towards the clubhouse didn’t help either side as Clevedon struggled to use it to their advantage in the first half.

Surviving an early 4th minute scare when Dave Trott on the Saltash goal line stopped a Clevedon effort from going in, as the half went on, it was in fact Saltash that probably looked the more likely to score. The Western League side struggled to get to grips with the wind, overhitting too many dead ball situations while at the other end skipper Ryan Richards wasn’t quite able to get on the end of a Danny Lewis cross; Callum Martindale headed over a Dave Barker ball hit in from the right and Callum O’Brien failed to connect properly with a Martindale corner.

As the second half got underway the question was would Saltash be able to use the elements to their advantage. Sadly, the answer has to be “not really!”. Despite being the better side, they failed to really threaten the Clevedon goalkeeper.

Early on in the second half, it was O’Brien again who got to a corner, but again his effort went over. Soon after, Trott was inches wide with a shot from outside the box, but all the time they also had to be on their toes to ensure no counter attack from Clevedon proved expensive. Emphasised by an important block by Sam Leary on the hour!

The deadlock was broken just a minute after Lewis had weaved his way into the edge of the Clevedon six yard box but couldn’t find a Saltash shirt to tap it in. Clevedon’s George King shot from about 35 yards out and the ball bent away from the home side’s keeper Ryan Rickard and finished up in the Saltash net.

Within two minutes however, it was all-square as Chris Menhenick replied direct from a free-kick out on the right side, bending the ball around the Clevedon defensive wall with precision and pulling the game back level again.

Saltash made a change up top bringing on Jason Vincent for Sam Hughes and the replacement striker came close to giving his new side the lead on the 81st minute going close with a header from another Martindale cross.

Disaster struck though in the 85th minute when another Saltash sub, presumably Reece Thompson as per the match programme, was caught in possession, from which it ended with Clevedon securing their place in the next round as Lucas Vowles ran a long way in possession before beating Rickard to score.

Saltash had one last serious chance when the crowd were crying out to the ref that O’Brien had got the ball over the line for an equalizer, but the man in black was having nothing of it.

With St Austell also losing today at Willand, that’s the end of our Cornish interest in the FA Cup, until of course Truro come into the competition.

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

St Blazey 3v1 Callington

Two late first half goals and a goal in the second half left St Blazey looking comfortable before Callington pulled one back. A good 3 points to start the season. 

3 points behind St Blazey already Leeds. 👀

Catch up. 😂

Callington will be the worst team in the league Paul ... See where you are after 10 games. I watched today as I am NO longer associated with Bodmin as a supporter or anything & I was surprised at how bad this league & standard has gone down. St.Blazey were awful & Callington were even worse ... Two bottom 4 teams there without any doubt . But what a cracking pitch, surface & facilities, supporters I was talking to today know their will be 33 harder games than today & the club are also paying out £600 a game, with that finance they want some silverware, not a kid in a tracksuit! 😀

43 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Callington will be the worst team in the league Paul ... See where you are after 10 games. I watched today as I am NO longer associated with Bodmin as a supporter or anything & I was surprised at how bad this league & standard has gone down. St.Blazey were awful & Callington were even worse ... Two bottom 4 teams there without any doubt . But what a cracking pitch, surface & facilities, supporters I was talking to today know their will be 33 harder games than today & the club are also paying out £600 a game, with that finance they want some silverware, not a kid in a tracksuit! 😀

giphy.gif?cid=790b761120bf435297249c25bd

FA Cup

Willand Rovers 2 St Austell 1

Thought this might have the makings of a decent encounter and I wasn't disappointed.

Willand scrambled home a second minute opener before Jake Miller sent in a Beckham/Rooney hole-in-one from the halfway line.

1-1 after 5 minutes and it was very much 'game-on'.

The remainder of the first half provided end to end high quality football with St Austell matching the classy Willand outfit blow for blow.

Unbelievable amount of chances created for both sides, Chapman was outstanding between the St Austell sticks. 

Second half Willand gradually edged a tighter grip on the proceedings but St Austell were still cutting forward with a great deal of menace.

Home side got the all important second goal with around quarter of an hour remaining. The relief from the locals was obvious.

You could tell how well St Austell had played by the fact Willand started to apply time wasting tactics.

The significant number of St Austell supporters in the crowd were willing their side to snatch the equaliser but Willand just about held out.

A gutsy effort from the Poltair Park Predators who did the SWPL proud. A replay would have been a just result.

I'll probably put a more thorough visit report and some accompanying snaps on the 'Where's The Tea Hut' site later today.

10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Anyone at the Penzance game ? I hear it kicked off after a rather disgusting tackle on young Penzance player. . 

I was at the Penzance game and, yes, it was a really poor tackle and, yes, it kicked off. There will be plenty more this season, unfortunately.  The Wendron player deserved his red card and there's an argument, I guess, that Mark Vercesi deserved his too for his reaction but I've been to plenty of games where he would have just got a yellow. Decent game before that but Penzance really needed to hold on to that two goal lead.

15 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Own accord I'm afraid, fed up with all the success to be honest & going to channel my time & support to the lesser teams in the league ... Will always give honest unbiased reports as a soccer fan ... Stay tuned for 'Leeds' Saturday nights reports ... I could appear at any game .... 

Think your losing the plot Leeds, when have you ever given an honest unbiased report especially where Truro City are concerned. 

16 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Own accord I'm afraid, fed up with all the success to be honest & going to channel my time & support to the lesser teams in the league ... Will always give honest unbiased reports as a soccer fan ... Stay tuned for 'Leeds' Saturday nights reports ... I could appear at any game .... 

Always knew you were a fish and chips man at heart.

Hope you dont turn up at Newquays ground Leeds United you have never said a good word about Newquay Football club ,anyone would think you have a grudge against them maybe something happened in the past for you to dislike them so much .Your team Bodmin have got so many old players in there team ,surprised to see a player as good as Jordan Trott in the Bodmin team always thought he was class

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Hope you dont turn up at Newquays ground Leeds United you have never said a good word about Newquay Football club ,anyone would think you have a grudge against them maybe something happened in the past for you to dislike them so much .Your team Bodmin have got so many old players in there team ,surprised to see a player as good as Jordan Trott in the Bodmin team always thought he was class

Think a lot of people just don't like my honest assessments of games I attended 100%Cornish, then they come on here & get all defensive. I will be coming to Newquay to watch a few games, just make sure your dog is on his lead ... Bugger tried to nip me last time .... Ferocious lil thing ...

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Anyone at the Penzance game ? I hear it kicked off after a rather disgusting tackle on young Penzance player. . 

Was told this morning down at Pool Market ( always get my work Jeans down there, proper Denim) that Penzance are now without a Chairman as the guy who saved them from linking up with Mousehole has withdrawn his cash injection & stood down ... The link back On now possibly ?

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Think a lot of people just don't like my honest assessments of games I attended 100%Cornish, then they come on here & get all defensive. I will be coming to Newquay to watch a few games, just make sure your dog is on his lead ... Bugger tried to nip me last time .... Ferocious lil thing ...

Was told this morning down at Pool Market ( always get my work Jeans down there, proper Denim) that Penzance are now without a Chairman as the guy who saved them from linking up with Mousehole has withdrawn his cash injection & stood down ... The link back On now possibly ?

No link on anywhere PZ going strong 💪 

Leeds is not welcome at Newquay either. I know who he is to look at but not his name. It's not Terry, but Leeds please come and stand by the dugout next time instead of by the tea hut and we can have a chat. Could be interesting to here what you have to say. 

Cheers 

AKA Road Dog

You talk crap Leeds my dog has never tried to bite anyone all he ever does when he goes to football  he just goes to sleep , I would make sure hes had his jabs if he tried to bite you i dont want him to catch anything ,i will be up Newquay Tues night with  him and i promise he wont bite you .Should be a good game  St Blazey hav some good players and now added Ben Joyce and Ruben Kane 2 really good players but still think Nwquay will win

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

You talk crap Leeds my dog has never tried to bite anyone all he ever does when he goes to football  he just goes to sleep , I would make sure hes had his jabs if he tried to bite you i dont want him to catch anything ,i will be up Newquay Tues night with  him and i promise he wont bite you .Should be a good game  St Blazey hav some good players and now added Ben Joyce and Ruben Kane 2 really good players but still think Nwquay will win

Just make sure the bugger is on his best behaviour! You might very well see me Tomorrow evening if I can get down, missus usually has the car to take 'Rover' to his dog agility training session ... I agree 100% Cornish, I can see Newquay exploiting St.Blazey in behind down the channels if they continue to play a back 3 with the wingbacks, fit boys but no quality ... Let's see