Cornwall Football Forum

Four Lanes Reserves

6 hours ago, wedding280991 said:

Their first team played on Saturday against Gwinear. I think you have to play the highest league game if struggling for a side

Correct. They could have staggered kick off times although I doubt St Ives would have agreed. A player can play in two games for two teams so long as the first one he’s ever played him as finished. The senior player Rule was changed this season also - it doesn’t come into force until September. A senior player is one who has played three consecutive games or 100% of the higher placed teams games.. So, basically that means all of four Lanes first players that played on Saturday have played 1/1 games which technically makes them senior. This rule change make sure things a little more realistic.

From a personal point of view, Four Lanes first team will be fine this season and will do well in the League. The second team manager, I believe approached the club with assurances that he could bring players in and contend. Unfortunately, I’ve been told by a couple of people that know some of the Reserves guys that the players that were expected to move over (predominantly from Storm I understand), didn’t follow. That’s left him a little bit stuck.

I certainly wouldn’t wave the finger at the Club. They were approached with assurances and created a team to accommodate these players that were expected to join. As we all know though, assurances mean nothing until the players are kitted up on Matchday ready to go

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Correct. They could have staggered kick off times although I doubt St Ives would have agreed. A player can play in two games for two teams so long as the first one he’s ever played him as finished. The senior player Rule was changed this season also - it doesn’t come into force until September. A senior player is one who has played three consecutive games or 100% of the higher placed teams games.. So, basically that means all of four Lanes first players that played on Saturday have played 1/1 games which technically makes them senior. This rule change make sure things a little more realistic.

From a personal point of view, Four Lanes first team will be fine this season and will do well in the League. The second team manager, I believe approached the club with assurances that he could bring players in and contend. Unfortunately, I’ve been told by a couple of people that know some of the Reserves guys that the players that were expected to move over (predominantly from Storm I understand), didn’t follow. That’s left him a little bit stuck.

I certainly wouldn’t wave the finger at the Club. They were approached with assurances and created a team to accommodate these players that were expected to join. As we all know though, assurances mean nothing until the players are kitted up on Matchday ready to go

Why wouldn’t St Ives have agreed ? 

Would have agreed to anything for a game of football. 

2 hours ago, Dagerags said:

Why wouldn’t St Ives have agreed ? 

Would have agreed to anything for a game of football. 

St Ives Town Reserves, with the players registered to the team, would have beat Four Lanes Reserves easily on paper in my opinion. St Ives Town Reserves v Four Lanes First Team (or a combination of firsts and seconds), a much harder game indeed and one which would be much too close to call. Hence my assumption and doubt. 

9 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

St Ives Town Reserves, with the players registered to the team, would have beat Four Lanes Reserves easily on paper in my opinion. St Ives Town Reserves v Four Lanes First Team (or a combination of firsts and seconds), a much harder game indeed and one which would be much too close to call. Hence my assumption and doubt. 

We would play anyone, we were the team happy to play at combo level, which looks like a shambles of a league to be honest. Instead fairly we are in the bottom division just a shame that due diligence wasn’t taken with this bunch from four lanes. 

We had 16 blokes stood like lemmings waiting for a team to turn up who had no intentions of doing so or even having the courtesy of letting us know. 

3 hours ago, Dagerags said:

We would play anyone, we were the team happy to play at combo level, which looks like a shambles of a league to be honest. Instead fairly we are in the bottom division just a shame that due diligence wasn’t taken with this bunch from four lanes. 

We had 16 blokes stood like lemmings waiting for a team to turn up who had no intentions of doing so or even having the courtesy of letting us know. 

They were watching us by half 1 too........ 

We at Four Lanes are giving the reserve team our full support and are trying to make sure games are on and squads are full. It’s our understanding that 15-20 lads were set to form the new reserves when they approached us, complete with a manager, at the end of last season.

Had we known that over half wouldn’t fulfil their promise on a Saturday afternoon, the new team would not have been formed. It’s as frustrating for everyone here at the club as it is for our opponents and league administrators.

We certainly don’t want any black marks against the club, especially at a time where things are looking promising for the first team.

2 hours ago, Ben#10 said:

We at Four Lanes are giving the reserve team our full support and are trying to make sure games are on and squads are full. It’s our understanding that 15-20 lads were set to form the new reserves when they approached us, complete with a manager, at the end of last season.

Had we known that over half wouldn’t fulfil their promise on a Saturday afternoon, the new team would not have been formed. It’s as frustrating for everyone here at the club as it is for our opponents and league administrators.

We certainly don’t want any black marks against the club, especially at a time where things are looking promising for the first team.

As a League Administrator, I’m not st all frustrated by it and I certainly wouldn’t mark Four Lanes Resrves. These things happen and can certainly be overcome.