Cornwall Football Forum

MOUSEHOLE’S HAMZA KAID SIGNS PRO FOR LEAGUE TWO COLCHESTER

MOUSEHOLE’S HAMZA KAID SIGNS PRO FOR  LEAGUE TWO COLCHESTER

(as received from Andrew Large, Mousehole AFC)

Peninsula Premier club Mousehole AFC are delighted to announce that goal-scoring winger Hamza Kaid has been offered a full-time professional contract with Colchester United after an impressive week-long trial.

The 20-year old becomes the third Mousehole player in less than 12 months to earn a pro football contract, proving the club’s pathway and setting the standards for all youth players in the academy and across west Cornwall, who are aspiring to become professional footballers.

Since joining The Seagulls in late October last year, Hamza has developed rapidly under the full-time training programme – Mousehole being the only club in the County to offer full-time players daily expert coaching – and has gained positive reviews for his skilful and dynamic style coupled with a double-figure tally of goals.

Mousehole’s Football Operations Director Adam Fletcher commented: “The daily training by a group of top class coaches at Mousehole has certainly made a big difference to Hamza.  There’s never been any doubt about his skill and speed, but he’s now also become a more resilient hard-working off-the-ball team player.  Although this is a jump of seven steps in the football pyramid for him, we are confident he has what it takes to make a success of it.”

Chairman Tim Richardson added: “This is great news all round – but it also demonstrates that there are lots of talented young players who, for whatever reason, have been overlooked and are in danger of not fulfilling their potential, or their dreams.  We are building a proud record of doing something about that through our trials, contacts and the work of Endorsed Academy.  At the same time this fresh talent can bring something new to the club and be a part of Mousehole’s developing success, which also provides a platform for their own advancement.”

Colchester United have played in League Two since 2016, and finished 8th out of the 24 teams last season.  The under-23s play in the Professional Development League, the second tier of Reserve football in England.  The Us moved to the brand-new 10k-capacity Colchester Community Stadium in 2008.

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

It shows that Mousehole are doing well. It would be interesting to see how many players they've pushed up the ladder compared to other clubs in the County. 

Probably not easy to compare as don’t they have players from clubs that for various reasons haven’t made it at pro clubs, but obviously have got a head start on a local lad.

For example some of the players from Wednesday 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lezion-cela/profil/spieler/527436

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reece_Mitchell

Sounds like an interesting project at Mousehole. Plenty of decent young players around who, for one reason or another, have dropped out of the pro ranks. If they can rebuild their career at Trungle Park ,and Mousehole reap the rewards on the pitch in the short term, then I would say it's a win for all sides (including the local Cornish scene).

This player wasn't produced by Mousehole......the kid was playing for Huddersfield under 23s in January this year......

Just another **** and bull story to make Mousehole feel like they are getting young local talent and helping them on stepping stone..... which thy are not.......

Just search his name on Google and you will clearly see his success has nothing to do with Mousehole.......

Why dont Mousehole actually take local talent and help them???

5 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

This player wasn't produced by Mousehole......the kid was playing for Huddersfield under 23s in January this year......

Just another **** and bull story to make Mousehole feel like they are getting young local talent and helping them on stepping stone..... which thy are not.......

Just search his name on Google and you will clearly see his success has nothing to do with Mousehole.......

I think you’ll find they are helping local talent too. They have a youth section with over 200 kids, who get to train with ex-pro’s. Wouldn’t of minded that in my day....

7 hours ago, Portreathlegend said:

Well said. Good  cornish name😂

36 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Nope...a simple bit of sarcasm...simply not understood. 

Best of luck to the boy and Mousehole....I've said it enough times. 

My apologies Older. You're right, i missed the sarcasm.

Don't  get some of the anti Mousehole stuff on here, and find some of the rhetoric (especially surrounding players names and origins) a little unsettling.

The lad was basically a pro anyway 😂 give him a job, somewhere to stay and get him to wear a Mousehole shirt and he becomes “home grown talent” it’s laughable, when they develop a professional footballer through their ranks from a young age I’ll be the first to congratulate them, Until then on with the misleading propaganda train 🚂 

3 minutes ago, David187 said:

The lad was basically a pro anyway 😂 give him a job, somewhere to stay and get him to wear a Mousehole shirt and he becomes “home grown talent” it’s laughable, when they develop a professional footballer through their ranks from a young age I’ll be the first to congratulate them, Until then on with the misleading propaganda train 🚂 

Think your missing the bigger picture of what they are trying to achieve DAVID, as the project is in its infancy there isn’t going to be any home grown youth yet. Although I hear some of the youth teams are already producing some exciting talent and are beating a lot of Premier League academy’s that they are facing. 

So instead of negative propaganda why don’t you just appreciate someone trying to do something different in Cornish football. 

Haters going to hate. 

Just now, Del Boy said:

Think your missing the bigger picture of what they are trying to achieve DAVID, as the project is in its infancy there isn’t going to be any home grown youth yet. Although I hear some of the youth teams are already producing some exciting talent and are beating a lot of Premier League academy’s that they are facing. 

So instead of negative propaganda why don’t you just appreciate someone trying to do something different in Cornish football. 

Haters going to hate. 

No problem with anyone trying to something different for Cornish football at all DEL BOY, what does annoy me is when it’s misleading information, also how many of those youth teams have been transferred across from other local VOLUNTEER run Clubs ? When these players are produced “in house” then you have something to shout about.

2 hours ago, David187 said:

No problem with anyone trying to something different for Cornish football at all DEL BOY, what does annoy me is when it’s misleading information, also how many of those youth teams have been transferred across from other local VOLUNTEER run Clubs ? When these players are produced “in house” then you have something to shout about.

So does that not happen anywhere else in the country then? As I’m sure the bigger clubs in areas take the best players to form their youth teams (also I’m not insinuating that Mousehole are the BIGGEST club in the area).

Mousehole have a good youth set up and I agree they have taken from other set ups but no one forced the players to leave clubs and come across. Obviously the set up and coaching helped them make there decision. 

What misleading information has annoyed you so much DAVID187?

1 minute ago, Del Boy said:

So does that not happen anywhere else in the country then as I’m sure the bigger clubs in areas take the best players to form their youth teams (also I’m not insinuating that Mousehole are the BIGGEST club in the area).

Mousehole have a good youth set up and I agree they have taken from other set ups but no one forced the players to leave clubs and come across. Obviously the set up and coaching helped them make there decision. 

What misleading information has annoyed you so much DAVID187?

Well you have just insinuated this very point 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

And you agree that they have taken complete teams from other Clubs !

And these “Mousehole players” who have come through the “Mousehole setup” are all players from other areas of the country who have narrowly come up short from pro academies who are on the fringes of obtaining a pro contract so these players have been in professional setups most of their footballing education anyway.

They are certainly not “home grown” and have come through “the mousehole pathway”, like I said when they start producing pro players who have come through their ranks from young ages I’ll be the first to say well done, until then it’s mostly false misleading propaganda.

Money talks and a certain persons pot of money has already superseded everyone’s longevity expectations.

12 minutes ago, David187 said:

Well you have just insinuated this very point 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

And you agree that they have taken complete teams from other Clubs !

And these “Mousehole players” who have come through the “Mousehole setup” are all players from other areas of the country who have narrowly come up short from pro academies who are on the fringes of obtaining a pro contract so these players have been in professional setups most of their footballing education anyway.

They are certainly not “home grown” and have come through “the mousehole pathway”, like I said when they start producing pro players who have come through their ranks from young ages I’ll be the first to say well done, until then it’s mostly false misleading propaganda.

Money talks and a certain persons pot of money has already superseded everyone’s longevity expectations.

I’m lost :) So if any player, team or whatever wishes to move to another as they feel it’s in their best interests, that should be frowned upon / not allowed to happen? 

8 hours ago, NTforever said:

I’m lost :) So if any player, team or whatever wishes to move to another as they feel it’s in their best interests, that should be frowned upon / not allowed to happen? 

Think DAVID is just very bitter towards Mousehole for some reason. 

I will be following them all season and beyond and hope lots of players earn Pro contracts for years to come. 

Del Boy - I really don’t think it is a question of being bitter or ‘hater’, nor jealously, more a question of a distinct change in how  Mousehole (and there are parallels with Helston) have developed in the last season and a half. When Ezra / Endorsed (also read Steve Massey)first publicised their involvement and commitment to the club(s) is was all - Twitter / Facebook etc. - about developing the club, youth systems and local players, which as a fan of local football was fantastic. Mousehole were going to use their connections to give local lads a shot at better things - Leeds United etc - then it became giving ex academy players from Leeds / France / Ethiopia (tongue in cheek as I don’t know where the lad who was hoping to play in the Olympics for Ethiopia was from)a chance to regain fitness and have a second chance (again admirable) - now it is playing in the SWPL Prem with several full time pros. (Helston went from playing 5 youth players to buying in 3 from N Devon and 4 from St Austell (two local lads admittedly)). 

There is no doubt the club(s) will do really well this season and are committed to going further, that’s what we all want to see. There is also no doubt that they have great youth set ups and their ‘sponsors’ are putting the finances in place for facilities etc. - Mousehole having a full time ex pro coach (Helston having a Cornish legend ex pro). 

The issue seems to be that the club(s) is still sticking to the original narrative and not updating it to ‘we will do whatever is necessary to get promotion and pick the best players we can afford / have access to do so’ - I can’t see anyone having a problem with that providing that whilst beating teams with far (far) less they retain humility - which Mousehole do  

Just a personal take from someone who was quick to say what great things Mousehole were planning. 

3 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Del Boy - I really don’t think it is a question of being bitter or ‘hater’, nor jealously, more a question of a distinct change in how  Mousehole (and there are parallels with Helston) have developed in the last season and a half. When Ezra / Endorsed (also read Steve Massey)first publicised their involvement and commitment to the club(s) is was all - Twitter / Facebook etc. - about developing the club, youth systems and local players, which as a fan of local football was fantastic. Mousehole were going to use their connections to give local lads a shot at better things - Leeds United etc - then it became giving ex academy players from Leeds / France / Ethiopia (tongue in cheek as I don’t know where the lad who was hoping to play in the Olympics for Ethiopia was from)a chance to regain fitness and have a second chance (again admirable) - now it is playing in the SWPL Prem with several full time pros. (Helston went from playing 5 youth players to buying in 3 from N Devon and 4 from St Austell (two local lads admittedly)). 

There is no doubt the club(s) will do really well this season and are committed to going further, that’s what we all want to see. There is also no doubt that they have great youth set ups and their ‘sponsors’ are putting the finances in place for facilities etc. - Mousehole having a full time ex pro coach (Helston having a Cornish legend ex pro). 

The issue seems to be that the club(s) is still sticking to the original narrative and not updating it to ‘we will do whatever is necessary to get promotion and pick the best players we can afford / have access to do so’ - I can’t see anyone having a problem with that providing that whilst beating teams with far (far) less they retain humility - which Mousehole do  

Just a personal take from someone who was quick to say what great things Mousehole were planning. 

That’s your opinion. 

Reading the last comment on here I’m just going to enjoy watching the incredible brand of football for the season and enjoy in the success that the club has fingers crossed. 

Can’t please everyone.