Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Helston

Got the big match tonight here in Newquay ,Now the Boardmasters is cancelled could be a good crowd up Mt Wise to see what shoud be a really good match ,i have seen Newquay a lot in Pre season and they look really impressive but i think Helston will be too strong for them and im going for a 4-1 to Helston .Looking forward to the match nice evening to be watching the footy .See you all up there fellow fans

This game tonight had everything 2 world class saves from the Helston goalie Jason ROBINSON , a sending off for Newquays Connor Jamieson for a bad stamp on Mark Goldsworthy he was having a hell of a good game until a moment of madness ,helston scored a perfectly good goal when Neil Slateford put over a great cross for Goldsworthy to score but the linesman said the ball had already gone out of play he made a bad decision and the ref should of overuled  him . Helstons goalie was having a brilliant game and pulled off 2 incredible saves 1 one handed which was good but his 2nd save was even better . When Jamieson got sent off Heston turned on the pressure in the 2nd half and it looked Newquay would hang on for a draw but a goal of the season from Matt  Bye which was brilliant and then a lovely team goal finished by the brilliant winger Neil Slateford  , A draw would of been a fair result but take nothing away from Helston they are a fine team and i still think they will be the champions and when Brockenshire and Eddy come into the team they will  take some stopping ,but Newquay where brilliant tonight and will play weaker teams than Helston and come away with a win .Man of the match for Newquay i am given it to Aaran Dilley and to Helston im going for Hugh Howlett a collosus at the back for Helston and for Kirk Davis to get on his shoulders to fix the net up . Great game well done to both teams both will have a good season Helston Champions and Newquay 6th i predict

It was only a young lad called Harrison Jewell playing at right back the usual right back is George Roberts and they where Helston where also missing Josh Storey ,Liam Eddy and Ollie Brockenshire it looked like a high stamp from where i was but the angle could of been different for you Jamieson was having a hell of a good game then did that

Credit to Helston, missing 5 regular starters & top players I was wondering if they would have enough to get over the line in a tricky opening fixture, but in the end they were comfortable winners & had a perfectly good goal ruled out as well. Proved me wrong as when I saw the team I wondered if they would have enough in the tank, but credit to Mass for getting over the line with what looked far from his strongest line up. 

21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Credit to Helston, missing 5 regular starters & top players I was wondering if they would have enough to get over the line in a tricky opening fixture, but in the end they were comfortable winners & had a perfectly good goal ruled out as well. Proved me wrong as when I saw the team I wondered if they would have enough in the tank, but credit to Mass for getting over the line with what looked far from his strongest line up. 

Yep great start away from home, good to see Hugh involved again too