Cornwall Football Forum

Premier East Division has Cornish Teams

I know this is a Cornwall football forum but have we forgotten two excellent teams representing Cornwall in the East Division. So much focus on the West Division teams this year. Can we show some support for Torpoint and Millbrook who will give the Devon teams a great game.

2 hours ago, Xanie25 said:

I know this is a Cornwall football forum but have we forgotten two excellent teams representing Cornwall in the East Division. So much focus on the West Division teams this year. Can we show some support for Torpoint and Millbrook who will give the Devon teams a great game.

Feel free to write as much as you like about them.

We haven't forgotten about them at all, but in any case it's always better for a supporter to start the ball rolling. So what can you tell us about both? How do you think they are going to fare and why?

Thanks Dave I have watched Millbrook play for several years and think the players work well as a team and hopefully will finish in the top half of the table as long as they have no serious injuries and strength in numbers they don"t have and will miss Curtis Damerell up front this year but they do have a couple of good youngsters Sam Morcom and Josh Toulson who are excellent passers of the ball and a great goalkeeper who will be busy this season I fear.

Torpoint will be up near the top in this League so I think the Devon teams will have a test but I think it will be a big challenge and a chance to play new teams .I think it was unlucky for both teams not to be in the West League but I hope supporters will still come and see them both play this season 

I've seen Torpoint twice this pre season.

They look a good competent side, certainly gave Plymouth Parkway a hard game. Great little ground as well.

Hard for me to accurately judge how either Torpoint or Millbrook will perform in the Devon League as there are quite a few sides I know little about.

I wish both the Cornwall clubs the best of luck. I think quite a lot on here will watch out for their results.

Hope they don't let me down in the Prediction League?

Of the 20 teams in the East, I think only 6 were in the SWPL(P) last season, the 2 from SE Cornwall plus Ivybridge, Elburton, Stoke Gabriel and Cullompton. There may have been the odd sideways move but the rest are all playing at a higher step.

16 minutes ago, baldy said:

Of the 20 teams in the East, I think only 6 were in the SWPL(P) last season, the 2 from SE Cornwall plus Ivybridge, Elburton, Stoke Gabriel and Cullompton. There may have been the odd sideways move but the rest are all playing at a higher step.

Stoke Gabriel were champions of D1 East last season. There are 5 teams from last season's Premier playing in the East this time round.

I would imagine Torpoint and Cullompton will be competing for the title along with a few very strong D1 teams - Elmore, Brixham, Newton Abbot & Torridgeside.