Cornwall Football Forum

Carharrak 1, Penryn 5

I don't usually do pre-season friendlies but Jackie, my wife, wanted to get rid of me for a couple of hours so this game was ideal: and what a turn-out! At least 50 watching - very good.

Goals were 0-1 (12 mins) Leivers, 0-2 (31 pen) ??, 0-3 (33) peach of a goal, Rapsey, 0-4 (58) Rapsey, 1-4 (60) far-post header ??, 1-5 (70) Rapsey, still 1-5 (81) penalty saved from Harry Pope, who complained "And I hit it so sweetly!" Yes, Harry, straight at the 'keeper!

At half-time, watched the ref pumping up a couple of the balls with his battery-powered digital pump (£14 through Amazon, apparently). Honestly, what will they think of next? Every ref should have one (they probably already have!).

Lovely evening, lovely setting, lovely people. Spent a great 2nd half chatting with Rappo (he'll tell you the other goal-scorers - I'm hopeless with names) and his lad Jack's cute girlfriend from Uni Beth.

Tea: well, Carharrack have finally had to succumb to the pressures of inflation and the uncertainty around the prospect of a No-Deal Brexit (one of the little-publicised aspect of Project Fear - I think Philip Hammond hinted at it in his last budget speech) and raised their price of tea to £1. Never mind, its only what everyone else charges!

Oh, and I won the 50/50. It'll all end up in Carharrack's coffers, no doubt!

Here's hoping for a better season for Carharrack!

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

I don't usually do pre-season friendlies but Jackie, my wife, wanted to get rid of me for a couple of hours so this game was ideal: and what a turn-out! At least 50 watching - very good.

Goals were 0-1 (12 mins) Leivers, 0-2 (31 pen) ??, 0-3 (33) peach of a goal, Rapsey, 0-4 (58) Rapsey, 1-4 (60) far-post header ??, 1-5 (70) Rapsey, still 1-5 (81) penalty saved from Harry Pope, who complained "And I hit it so sweetly!" Yes, Harry, straight at the 'keeper!

At half-time, watched the ref pumping up a couple of the balls with his battery-powered digital pump (£14 through Amazon, apparently). Honestly, what will they think of next? Every ref should have one (they probably already have!).

Lovely evening, lovely setting, lovely people. Spent a great 2nd half chatting with Rappo (he'll tell you the other goal-scorers - I'm hopeless with names) and his lad Jack's cute girlfriend from Uni Beth.

Tea: well, Carharrack have finally had to succumb to the pressures of inflation and the uncertainty around the prospect of a No-Deal Brexit (one of the little-publicised aspect of Project Fear - I think Philip Hammond hinted at it in his last budget speech) and raised their price of tea to £1. Never mind, its only what everyone else charges!

Oh, and I won the 50/50. It'll all end up in Carharrack's coffers, no doubt!

Here's hoping for a better season for Carharrack!

Yes...and I drew your ticket - you owe me a cup of tea 😁