Cornwall Football Forum

Future of the County Sunday Cup.

To date only six (6) clubs have signed up for this season's CCFA Sunday Cup Competition, therefore as it stands the competition will not run in its' current form, if it runs at all.

We need a minimum of eight (8) to make the competition worthwhile.

You can affiliate a team just for the Cup Competition there is no obligation to join a league in order to compete.

A decision on the future competition will wait for the time being, therefore any club having thoughts on running a team must come to a decision by the 31st Aug and inform the County Office.

It would be a great shame if this long standing competition was terminated due to lack of participants.

This is a shame. I have played in teams and managed teams that have played in this cup for over 10 years and the standard is a lot better than people like to believe. The Sunday league is struggling itself and has been for a long time. My own team have pulled out of the league this year; one of a couple of reasons being the club cant justify the cost to play very few games. Not so long ago there were two strong leagues on a Sunday in the West, and one in the East. Now there are two teams left in the East and barely more in the West.

Hopefully a solution can be found but as it stands it looks bleak as nothing is being done to help teams get involved, and now the Flexi-league exists which I don't think helps the situation.