Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Falmouth Town

Well here we go again, the giants of Cornish Football take on the Fallen Giants in the Aubrey Wilkes trophy. Can the City bring the trophy back to Treyew Road after a disappointing defeat at Bickland Park last season. I shall be reporting on the game tomorrow evening if 100% doesn't beat me to it. Your score predictions would be welcomed, I'm going for a reversal of last season's scoreline with the City coming out 2.1 winners. Remember folks this is no dress rehearsal it's the real thing, it's City v Town :c:

One for Mike, what was the score, teams, for the first ever Aubrey Wilkes Trophy match mate?  Think I committed the sin of scoring the winner for Truro at Bickland Park!!! Swapped clubs pretty soon after though? Remember Mass scoring a worldly for the equaliser? Massive great trophy! 🏆️ Waddys last match as Town manager as well if I remember rightly!!? 

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

One for Mike, what was the score, teams, for the first ever Aubrey Wilkes Trophy match mate?  Think I committed the sin of scoring the winner for Truro at Bickland Park!!! Swapped clubs pretty soon after though? Remember Mass scoring a worldly for the equaliser? Massive great trophy! 🏆️ Waddys last match as Town manager as well if I remember rightly!!? 

http://www.trurocityfc.net/news/aubrey-wilkes-memorial-trophy-1111708.html

19 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Well here we go again, the giants of Cornish Football take on the Fallen Giants in the Aubrey Wilkes trophy. Can the City bring the trophy back to Treyew Road after a disappointing defeat at Bickland Park last season. I shall be reporting on the game tomorrow evening if 100% doesn't beat me to it. Your score predictions would be welcomed, I'm going for a reversal of last season's scoreline with the City coming out 2.1 winners. Remember folks this is no dress rehearsal it's the real thing, it's City v Town :c:

I presume you mean the giants of cornish football Falmouth Town v the fallen giants Truro city ! 😁

21 hours ago, Rayvon said:

City 2 town 1 ft .well done on correct score ray .Now whats tomorrow's lottery numbers mate . 😁

5 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Are you thinking of a SWL Cup game Mark? 23-09-89 FT.1 (Dodger)-TC.2-This was the second AWT game but the first at Bickland

I will dig out the programme and print for you

Just back from watching the match before the heavens opened ,thought it was a good match Truro the better side and had most of the chances and Falmouth goalie Steve Parker Billing, stopped wverything was a surprise seeing him in goal and not Ryan Barnes ,Truro went in front with a wonder goal by Rio Garside, who went on a mazy run beating 1 Falmouth player after another and ending with a fine shot that wrong footed the Falmouth Goalie .In the 2nd half lots of subs where used and Louis Rooney replacing the injured Stewart Yetton who went off with what looked a nasty injury Jack Bowyer who had came on for Falmouth equalised against the run of play ,but Truro player Harlain Mbaye, who had not been on the field for not long popped up with the winner .My man of the match is going to RIO GARSIDE he went at the Falmouth defence time after time ,but the other player who i thought was outstanding was ex Falmouth player James Ward . Truro had ex Yeovil player for them at no5 I didnt go much on him and he was playing in 2nd division last year .The player MBAYE Truro have got is going to be some player and they have a good defence  but i thought the goalie wasnt very good he seemed to drop a lot of shots when they should of stuck but he was only a young lad .Man of the match for Falmouth goes to Steve Parker Billing if it wasnt for him it would of been a lot more . Good Luck in the season for Truro i think promotion certainty for you and Falmouth should do well again in the league and cups but hope they loose to the G in the cup at Godolphin Way Heres the Truro team i managed 1 - 2 Harrison davis 3 Ward 18 law 5 Ex Yovil player 7 Booth 8 Keats 9 Yetton 10 Ndiaye 11 Lorenz 16 Garside 18 Goulty 19 Gibert 20 Smallcombe other subs Rooney - Richards - Mbaye Sorry folks thats all for now Falmouth team same as every year except no Ward or Barnes or Annear

8 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Just back from watching the match before the heavens opened ,thought it was a good match Truro the better side and had most of the chances and Falmouth goalie Steve Parker Billing, stopped wverything was a surprise seeing him in goal and not Ryan Barnes ,Truro went in front with a wonder goal by Rio Garside, who went on a mazy run beating 1 Falmouth player after another and ending with a fine shot that wrong footed the Falmouth Goalie .In the 2nd half lots of subs where used and Louis Rooney replacing the injured Stewart Yetton who went off with what looked a nasty injury Jack Bowyer who had came on for Falmouth equalised against the run of play ,but Truro player Harlain Mbaye, who had not been on the field for not long popped up with the winner .My man of the match is going to RIO GARSIDE he went at the Falmouth defence time after time ,but the other player who i thought was outstanding was ex Falmouth player James Ward . Truro had ex Yeovil player for them at no5 I didnt go much on him and he was playing in 2nd division last year .The player MBAYE Truro have got is going to be some player and they have a good defence  but i thought the goalie wasnt very good he seemed to drop a lot of shots when they should of stuck but he was only a young lad .Man of the match for Falmouth goes to Steve Parker Billing if it wasnt for him it would of been a lot more . Good Luck in the season for Truro i think promotion certainty for you and Falmouth should do well again in the league and cups but hope they loose to the G in the cup at Godolphin Way Heres the Truro team i managed 1 - 2 Harrison davis 3 Ward 18 law 5 Ex Yovil player 7 Booth 8 Keats 9 Yetton 10 Ndiaye 11 Lorenz 16 Garside 18 Goulty 19 Gibert 20 Smallcombe other subs Rooney - Richards - Mbaye Sorry folks thats all for now Falmouth team same as every year except no Ward or Barnes or Annear

Ryan Barnes is away in August on holiday as I understand he is a school teacher. Barnes was on the bench tonight as Steve Parker Billage ( not sure spelt right ?) played to get some minutes under his belt as he is just covering Barnes for August. 

4 hours ago, mattelot said:

I presume you mean the giants of cornish football Falmouth Town v the fallen giants Truro city ! 😁

I didn't mention any names Nige when I mentioned giants and fallen giants I thought I would just let your imagination run riot. As for tonight's game I thought 100% got it spot on with his report, Truro definitely had the better of the first half and should have gone in three or four up at half time but for some top class saves from the Town keeper. The game changed direction in the second half with Town having the better start scoring a fine goal. It was the kick up the backside City needed and they came straight back with another good goal. The final stages were played out with chances few and far between. The only downside was the sending off of the Town manager on the hour mark for supposedly verbals to the ref. A healthy crowd of 329 attended and Town were very well supported with there supporters behind the goal singing till the end. I think both teams will do well in there respective leagues in the coming season. Finally I don't know if anyone noticed but I made a comeback as a steward tonight the first time since the Heaney days but the Town supporters were perfectly behaved so my evening was trouble free, thank you lads and goodnight. :clapper:

I wonder if the attendance was affected by the forecast of thunder storms. As for Truro City, I thought that they looked physically stronger than the team that played in last year's fixture. They seemed composed on the ball (although the way that the ball was given away for the Falmouth goal was careless) and until Yetton left the field they were lively in attack. Towards the end you could here the managers urging the defenders to move the ball forward with more urgency as complacency was developing. All in all good progress has been made in a very short time.

Twas not like the derbies of old, to Truro City this was just another psf where as the loyal red and black supporters would know that this was not just a friendly but  a battle against the auld enemy, the celebration from the Town supporters behind the goal when they scored at the County Hall End showed that the passion is still there, unfortunately with the disbanding of TISA I'm afraid the edge is not there at the moment when City play at Treyew Road. Must say I'm really looking forward to the next home game when Steve Massey brings his new look Helston Athletic into the arena. :c:

On 23/07/2019 at 16:23, RAPPO said:

You did some damage that day RAPPO -more ways than one lol

payslips 878.jpg

payslips 879.jpg

payslips 880.jpg

payslips 881.jpg

I’m a bit of a trouble maker really ain’t I Mike!! Knocked Town out the cup and signed for them a month later! 😀😳🙄😲😦 Thanks for that mate, enjoyed reading about it again! Remember it being a controversial game at the time. Those Town v City games were pretty brutal back in those days. Hope you’re keeping well Mike 👍

On 24/07/2019 at 10:54, 100%cornish said:

329 and 1 dog didnt think there was even that

Well over half of those watching were from falmouth ,Ftroop in full voice second half . We didnt even hear a cheer when truro scored the winner ! £10 entry or weather forecast  didn't put us Town fans off! Piss poor home turn out ,as for £10 to get in ? Shame on you TCFC !

15 minutes ago, Harry P said:

Well over half of those watching were from falmouth ,Ftroop in full voice second half . We didnt even hear a cheer when truro scored the winner ! £10 entry or weather forecast  didn't put us Town fans off! Piss poor home turn out ,as for £10 to get in ? Shame on you TCFC !

Only four pounds more thanBickland!

36 minutes ago, Harry P said:

Cant educate pork mattelot 😂

Glad you admit it!

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

6 pounds more than the Peterborough game actually .you would know that IF you went .

Cannot afford the prices, I suppose after half time would be an option though if I could find my way thru the used car sales, the housing development sales unit, the car wash and the mobile canteen!

45 minutes ago, Harry P said:

Very sensible business sense by the town hierarchy,making the most of the property , multi purpose bickland park ,everyone's a winner ching ching ££££👍💛🖤 

Did not think they had any hierarchy. If it is that lucrative put it towards the ground !

21 hours ago, Harry P said:

And we all know the reason why the home support for Truro is so  poor Harry. Hopefully we have now turned the corner and the locals will  soon start flocking back to Treyew Road.

Incidentally I loved your attempted rendition of the Icelandic Clapping Chant, needs a little more practice me thinks and your drummer needs to get his timing right lol.

9 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Did not think they had any hierarchy. If it is that lucrative put it towards the ground 

If you looked inside the ground one day you would see alot of money has been spent on the old lady during the summer with alot more to come 👍Theres people there now thinking positive doing good things for our towns club ! 

4 hours ago, Rayvon said:

And we all know the reason why the home support for Truro is so  poor Harry. Hopefully we have now turned the corner and the locals will  soon start flocking back to Treyew Road.

Incidentally I loved your attempted rendition of the Icelandic Clapping Chant, needs a little more practice me thinks and your drummer needs to get his timing right lol.

Dont hold you're breathe about  supporters flooding back ! 

Yes our chants need a bit of work , apart from" truro give us a song " I think that one was perfect👍

13 hours ago, Harry P said:

If you looked inside the ground one day you would see alot of money has been spent on the old lady during the summer with alot more to come 👍Theres people there now thinking positive doing good things for our towns club ! 

Dont hold you're breathe about  supporters flooding back ! 

Yes our chants need a bit of work , apart from" truro give us a song " I think that one was perfect👍

It was what you could call payback time I suppose Harry as you have taken a fair bit of stick from the TISA boys over the past ten years or so. You are probably unaware but Falmouth Town have been the brunt of many away days songs by the City kop choir. All part of football culture and always meant in good fun. 

19 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Don't forget the mobile barbers Wednesday to Friday!

Just another addition to chaotic parking facilities! With all the lucrative income, admission prices will be able to be reduced.If all this income was directed towards football, the team might be more consistent!

3 hours ago, Harry P said:

The days are gone when we throw money at the team, that's what got us in trouble over the years .Westy James and Charlie have built a team on a very modest budget spent on local lads who have got us to three cup finals in the last two years , pretty consistent that 🖤💛

Hefty defeat yesterday and many toys thrown out of the pram!