Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay 8- Saltram 1

I was going to watch the G Vs St Dennis but when that game was cancelled i went up and watched Newquay vs Saltram and wasnt disspointed this was a briliant display by Newquay winning 8-1 played really well and just ran out of energy in the 2nd half when Newquay went up a gear and Alex Cole who came on ,as a halftime sub grabbed a hat trick and could of scored 4 with a spectacular overhead kick .Saltram scored a fine goal themselves from the young no12 ,but Newquay scorers where Perez 2 , Bray Evans 2 Cole 3 and a sub i think was Rickard .My Man of the match was going to go to Connor Jamieson ,but i decided to go with Ross Fallens who was brilliant even playing at full back in the 2ND half .Only thing that wasnt so nice was seeing a Newquay player being stretchered off dont know who it was .The referee was brilliant today and played the advntage a lot he was realy good .I can see Newquay being dark horses in the league this season there midfield is outstanding with Jack Bray Evans pulling all the strings and Newquay got severel good players to come back into the team yet but on this showing they will win a lot more than they loose . Well done to Saltram for playing well and letting there heads drop and good luck in there league in the new season .Well done Newquay brilliant display but most of them did get there skills playing for the G with the Rock and the back Ollie Pinnell winning every header

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I was going to watch the G Vs St Dennis but when that game was cancelled i went up and watched Newquay vs Saltram and wasnt disspointed this was a briliant display by Newquay winning 8-1 played really well and just ran out of energy in the 2nd half when Newquay went up a gear and Alex Cole who came on ,as a halftime sub grabbed a hat trick and could of scored 4 with a spectacular overhead kick .Saltram scored a fine goal themselves from the young no12 ,but Newquay scorers where Perez 2 , Bray Evans 2 Cole 3 and a sub i think was Rickard .My Man of the match was going to go to Connor Jamieson ,but i decided to go with Ross Fallens who was brilliant even playing at full back in the 2ND half .Only thing that wasnt so nice was seeing a Newquay player being stretchered off dont know who it was .The referee was brilliant today and played the advntage a lot he was realy good .I can see Newquay being dark horses in the league this season there midfield is outstanding with Jack Bray Evans pulling all the strings and Newquay got severel good players to come back into the team yet but on this showing they will win a lot more than they loose . Well done to Saltram for playing well and letting there heads drop and good luck in there league in the new season .Well done Newquay brilliant display but most of them did get there skills playing for the G with the Rock and the back Ollie Pinnell winning every header

Clearly didn’t watch the game properly then. Ricks 3 Coley 2 perez 2 and bray 1 😁

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I expect you was closer than me Santin i got the scorers right just who got what and i didnt know what Rickard looked like thought it was Cole with 3 ,im sacking Smokie from now on his reports arent up to scratch lately  Didnt know Godolphin had a game but see they beat Gunnislake 4-0 well done the G

I’d be happy too look like Coley 😍😂😂

16 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I expect you was closer than me Santin i got the scorers right just who got what and i didnt know what Rickard looked like thought it was Cole with 3 ,im sacking Smokie from now on his reports arent up to scratch lately  Didnt know Godolphin had a game but see they beat Gunnislake 4-0 well done the G

Smokie is more up for a scratch than any pundit I know. Hold on tight 100% before Sky Sports offer him a bone he can’t refuse🐶🦴

10 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Although the P&WD is supposed to be feeder to the St.Pirans League -realistically what standard is it as I see Saltram finished bottom of 9 club Division.

I wouldn't think it will be much above Sunday League this season Mike.

Two of the stronger teams in recent seasons, Mount Gould and Lakeside, have both moved to the new Step 7 Devon League.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

I wouldn't think it will be much above Sunday League this season Mike.

Two of the stronger teams in recent seasons, Mount Gould and Lakeside, have both moved to the new Step 7 Devon League.

Interesting

Are you Ian? who I met once at Bolitho Park?