Cornwall Football Forum

PENRYN   (0)  4        Jack Rapsey 51’ 61’ 82’  Ryan Reeve 58’(pen)

ST.MAWGAN (4)  4     Craig Allen 11’ 14’ 33’ 39’

One of the best games I’ve seen for ages! St.Piran West v East teams for next season which was certainly a game of two halves! Weird one really, Penryn playing the silkier football but the saints high energy pressing game and getting numbers behind the ball and mounting quick breaks certainly paid dividends and shell shocked the hosts! Craig Allen capitalised on a poor back pass and two uncharacteristic mistakes from home keeper Ben Mitchell to score one of the easiest hat-tricks of his career I would have thought along with a well taken low finish. Penryn manager Harry Pope changed the formation at the break and his team came flying out the traps and pulled three goals back just after the hour mark. Two great finishes from young Rappo if I say so myself, and Liam Jarvis was fouled on the corner of the box for Ryan Reeve to make no mistake from the spot. Chances at both ends after that for 20 minutes with Mitchell making a couple of fine saves and Reeve hitting the bar from a spectacular overhead kick before the scores were levelled when Rappo Jnr was on the spot to complete his hat-trick with a nice strikers poachers goal. Penryn even had the best chance to win it to almost complete an even more remarkable turn around when Luke Osborne just shot the wrong side of the post in the 94th and final minute. Lovely to see Bakes, Kenny, Stives and some more old Penryn loyal servants still putting the hours in for the club. Quick chat to the Saints manager Ash Bicknell as well who certainly talks a lot of sense for one so young. Think they’ll cope fine with the step up next season. As for Penryn, some of their football was well worth the three quid I chucked in Kennys collection box halfway through the first half!! Cracking friendly well reffed as always by Nigel Nicholls and which I’m sure both teams will get something out of 👏🏼👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 01:24, RAPPO said:

PENRYN   (0)  4        Jack Rapsey 51’ 61’ 82’  Ryan Reeve 58’(pen)

ST.MAWGAN (4)  4     Craig Allen 11’ 14’ 33’ 39’

One of the best games I’ve seen for ages! St.Piran West v East teams for next season which was certainly a game of two halves! Weird one really, Penryn playing the silkier football but the saints high energy pressing game and getting numbers behind the ball and mounting quick breaks certainly paid dividends and shell shocked the hosts! Craig Allen capitalised on a poor back pass and two uncharacteristic mistakes from home keeper Ben Mitchell to score one of the easiest hat-tricks of his career I would have thought along with a well taken low finish. Penryn manager Harry Pope changed the formation at the break and his team came flying out the traps and pulled three goals back just after the hour mark. Two great finishes from young Rappo if I say so myself, and Liam Jarvis was fouled on the corner of the box for Ryan Reeve to make no mistake from the spot. Chances at both ends after that for 20 minutes with Mitchell making a couple of fine saves and Reeve hitting the bar from a spectacular overhead kick before the scores were levelled when Rappo Jnr was on the spot to complete his hat-trick with a nice strikers poachers goal. Penryn even had the best chance to win it to almost complete an even more remarkable turn around when Luke Osborne just shot the wrong side of the post in the 94th and final minute. Lovely to see Bakes, Kenny, Stives and some more old Penryn loyal servants still putting the hours in for the club. Quick chat to the Saints manager Ash Bicknell as well who certainly talks a lot of sense for one so young. Think they’ll cope fine with the step up next season. As for Penryn, some of their football was well worth the three quid I chucked in Kennys collection box halfway through the first half!! Cracking friendly well reffed as always by Nigel Nicholls and which I’m sure both teams will get something out of 👏🏼👍

Nigel is a Top referee