Cornwall Football Forum

PENRYN FINED FOR HOMOPHOBIC TWEET!

Can’t really blame the club for one individuals comment though. I’m sure Penryn’s achievements on the pitch with their fine trophy laden history, beautiful pitch and lovely ground far outweigh one regrettable comment jumped upon on social media. Hopefully there’s been an apology and a line drawn under it. 

4 hours ago, Maler10 said:

Not a great look on the club 

Missed the tweet and the Leagues response, like many others at this time of year I imagine. However unless it comes from the Clubs official Twitter account or an identifiable officer of the Club it’s hard to control. I trust that the tweeter in question is by now an ex-Penryn player/officer/supporter and looking at a lengthy ban. A 100% donation to the Penryn fine fund wouldn’t go amiss either!

16 hours ago, St Darren said:

I’ll stick my neck out and say that I did t really feel that the Tweet was homophobic. But I suppose it also depends how you take it

An insult to somebody’s stated (X4) sexuality? Not smart. It doesn’t take a genius to see how it could be (was) interpreted, and to use the Clubs Twitter account? 

51 minutes ago, Pegs said:

How do you take it? 😳

It doesn’t take much to upset the powers that be since the snowflakes have taken over the world. Prepare to be excommunicated Pegs‼️

Penryn is a good club that has been built up over the years into one of the best set ups in Cornish football and always up there as one of the best playing surfaces through Bakes hard work, knowledge and dedication. Peter, Moony and a lot of other good football people have put years in at the club and some fantastic players have worn a Penryn shirt over the 40/50 years or so I’ve watched their teams play on and off. Regrettable comment yes but don’t feel the club as a whole deserve a cheap shot at them. Think you’ll find no club is perfect! 

2 hours ago, Pegs said:

How do you take it? 😳

The person who wrote it was naive but I wouldn’t say homophobic. 

He stated that Jack Marley said he was 4 times during a commentary. He implied there was no need to say it 4 times as it had no relevance to the game. 

Personally I don’t see anything wrong with that so does that make me homophobic. 

The bit that could have been taken the wrong way, was when whoever tweeted said along the lines of he won’t be listening again. 

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

An insult to somebody’s stated (X4) sexuality? Not smart. It doesn’t take a genius to see how it could be (was) interpreted, and to use the Clubs Twitter account? 

It doesn’t take much to upset the powers that be since the snowflakes have taken over the world. Prepare to be excommunicated Pegs‼️

How has he insulted him?

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

The person who wrote it was naive but I wouldn’t say homophobic. 

He stated that Jack Marley said he was 4 times during a commentary. He implied there was no need to say it 4 times as it had no relevance to the game. 

Personally I don’t see anything wrong with that so does that make me homophobic. 

The bit that could have been taken the wrong way, was when whoever tweeted said along the lines of he won’t be listening again. 

How has he insulted him?

Correct 5 times...well said.