Cornwall Football Forum

PENRYN   (0)   1     Jack Rapsey 72’

WENDRON  (1)  2    Rory Jarvis 41’  Lucas Potts  87’

Decent competitive friendly in hot conditions for the St.Pirans league hosts Penryn and Peninsula Premier visitors Wendron. Bakes pitch looking lovely as always and those red box nets made my afternoon! 👌.  Really even game I thought with the three goals all similar, good low strikes into the bottom corner from the edge of the area. Young Lucas Potts scoring the winner in front of dad Matt who graced that Kernick Road pitch about 600 times in his career! 👍👏🏼  Great for me to see Rappo Jnr scoring on his Penryn debut after being out all last season injured. 👍 Saw two legends as well, both Peters, Young from Penryn and Thorne from Wendron, how many years have those guys put into their clubs!!! Don’t make them like that anymore! Great to hear off Pete that Wendron lights are going up in a couple of weeks, how nice will that look at Underlane! 👊🏼 Spent the 1st half chatting with Mass and Deacs, how lucky we are that those two guys love Cornish football as well!! Nice afternoon, good match, well officiated, glad local footy is back after watching all those young ladies in the summer. Was ok, but you can’t beat the real thing as they say! 😀🤔

Hello Mark. Nice words buddy and a fair assessment, could have gone either way.

Too hot for footy, and too hot for grass, just about keeping the grass alive with 0000's gallons of water every day...but 'tis summer I s'pose.

Saw you walk past the window,  bit of a slim Jim these days? but you're nearly as grey as me now...lol.

Father time always wins...see in the season no doubt...👍

Yeah agree Dave, too hot for footy yet ain’t it mate! Did look out for you but know how busy you are when there’s a game on! Thought the pitch was looking lush considering all this dry weather, still working your magic after all these years! 👌👏🏼 Had some lovely memories on that pitch, probably scoring all 5 past Kevin Miller in the Malabar v Mawnan Lockhart cup final when we were both teenagers the top one! Me and Stives scoring against Arsenal legends was nice as well. Always a pleasure to play on your carpet Dave. The wife has cut down me portions and I’m walking around a load of fields looking for my golf ball twice a week these days when the knees allow, still a few stone to shift though mate! Yeah bloody grey as a badger what hair is left Dave! Not a pleasant sight looking in the mirror these days! Catch you at a game soon Dave 👍👏🏼