Cornwall Football Forum

BEN HARDING JOINS MANAGEMENT TEAM AT MOUSEHOLE AND ENDORSED ACADEMY

As received from Andrew Large, Mousehole

BEN HARDING JOINS MANAGEMENT TEAM AT MOUSEHOLE AND ENDORSED ACADEMY

Mousehole have completed the summer re-structuring of their management team with the notable appointment of Ben Harding, who will take up the post of Head of Coaching combined with First Team Player/Assistant Manager.  

Ben will take responsibility for ensuring the football philosophy is embraced and developed across all Academy and Senior teams, while also supporting the commercial initiatives the club and the Endorsed Academy are building.

The 34-year old midfielder had latterly made 52 appearances over two seasons with Truro City in National League South, and stepped up as the White Tigers’ interim manager in the early part of last season.  

His playing career spans a total of more than 400 games for Wimbledon, MK Dons, Aldershot, Wycombe, Northampton, Torquay and Gosport, together with three appearances for England ‘C’ as they won the Four-Nations non-league tournament in 2008.  He also represented England Youth, under-15/16s and won the Victory Shield with them.

London-born Harding will be working alongside Mousehole’s recently appointed Manager Jake Ash - also a former Truro City star - as The Seagulls look to continue to develop in the coming season, playing at the highest level in their history (Step 6) after promotion to the newly re-formed Premier West Division of the South West Peninsula League.

Mousehole’s Chairman, Tim Richardson, who played a major role in talks with Ben Harding, said of the appointment:  “Ben has always left a great legacy wherever he’s played, and he will make a huge contribution to our club - not least as an influential character on the pitch.  The fact that people of the outstanding calibre of Ben and Jake have committed to Mousehole shows the desire and seriousness of our ambitions.”

Harding is enthusiastic about his new opportunity: “Mousehole’s vision and aspirations for the future are not only fantastic for football in the area, but the community will see great benefits.  The people I have met here have been extremely welcoming and I cannot speak highly enough of the commitment and drive everyone at the club possesses.  I have felt totally inspired by what’s to be achieved here.  I strongly believe football has a special way of uniting people and communities, and I’m super-excited to be part of something so positive for the youth and people of Cornwall.”

14 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Only a few months back, Mousehole were trying to get to play at Penzance because of the inconvenience of their location etc, there were alleged suggestions of an amalgamation with Penzance. New sponsorship was spoken of - then we were told that a lot of it was wishful thinking (or words to that effect). What's changed all of a sudden to attract the attention of Ben Harding ?

Or have I been asleep during the interim ?

££££s

24 minutes ago, Keith B said:

When people start throwing money around, I tend to get the feeling that it's to do with tax avoidance. Or am I an old cynic. 

It can be used to legally reduce your tax bill.

Years ago from memory! it could reduce your liability by 83% on sponsorship,  capped of course.

Then HMRC changed the rules on it...so i've been told over the years. 

47 minutes ago, Keith B said:

When people start throwing money around, I tend to get the feeling that it's to do with tax avoidance.

Tax avoidance ( which indirectly affects us all ) is usually done legally by a sponsor unless it can be proved that they have been complicit in helping the recipient to illegally avoid declaring a taxable income.

8 minutes ago, We Two said:

Tax avoidance ( which indirectly affects us all ) is usually done legally by a sponsor unless it can be proved that they have been complicit in helping the recipient to illegally avoid declaring a taxable income.

Tax avoidance.  Totally legal form of scrounging, usually done by rich folk and corporations  who can afford very expensive accounting advice.

Tax evasion. Usually done by common folk (known as plebs by the people/corporations involved in category above) to eke out a living. For example, cash in hand working.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Tax avoidance.  Totally legal form of scrounging, usually done by rich folk and corporations  who can afford very expensive accounting advice.

Tax evasion. Usually done by common folk (known as plebs by the people/corporations involved in category above) to eke out a living. For example, cash in hand working.

You don't need very expensive accounting advice to claim legitimate sponsorship tax relief.
You do however need to be VERY rich if you don't  declare taxable income and H.M.R.C. come knocking on your door.
It never ceases to suprise that people openly tout the alledged sums of  cash in hand payments  made, on a public forum