Dobwalls 750-1

Sticker 1000-1

Wadebridge 1000-1

Porthleven 1000-1

St Dennis 1000-1

Callington 1500-1

Penzance 1500-1

Wendron 2000-1

Helston have to be favourites. Combination of big names brought in, exciting youngsters and an experienced manager. (Dare I ask about what their promotion ambitions would be for 2020/21 if crowned champions).

After that, anybody's guess. The Cornwall/Devon split (the best clubs from the past three seasons have been promoted anyway,and would not be playing in the old format SWPL if it had stayed in place) has either narrowed the field,or reduced the overall quality. Make your own mind up on the last point.

3 hours ago, SID said:

Great signing! James is a fantastic lad and a great player I expect him to be a real success for Truro!

Good luck to the lad. Scored a lot of goals in the last few seasons. Big step up and one for I hope he takes in his stride. Good to see Truro signing local talent. 

Think, if everything goes to the FA's plan in 5 years over half the Western League Premier could be teams from Devon and Cornwall (if one each from the SWPL Devon and Cornwall are promoted) and we will see clubs being forced to join the Southern League. Are there any clubs in the two counties able to afford that move?

Can't see James Lorenz doing that well. Scored a hatful last season but in a very poor league and nearly a third of his tally were against the bottom side.  Then didn't make much impact when he was called up to Parkway.  Don't get me wrong I wish him all the best and hope he proves me wrong, but I think people maybe getting ahead of themselves a bit here!

If he is used as an out and out striker, he will need to convert the opportunities created by others, which is true at all levels of football. From my experience, when it comes to goalscoring you've either got it (like theYeti) or you haven't (like most other players at this level and below).

Liskeard were never finishing that high, even less of a chance now they have lost Lorenz.

Saltash should finish high this season and should have the best defensive record around seeing as they have 9 defenders, 7 of which are centre backs!

Think Wadebridge may surprise a few.

Callington will also do well this year.

Newquay will be a tidy side.

Penzance will shock a few as well.

Wendron, St Blazey, St Dennis, Godolphin, Dobwalls Camelford and Sticker will be lucky to get any more than 3 or 4 wins each.

After the recent addition at mousehole and the loss of a star striker at Liskeard, the odds have now changed  

Mousehole  4/6

Helston 5-1 

Bodmin 13/2

Saltash  12-1

Falmouth 12-1 

St Austell 25-1

Newquay 250-1

Launceston 250-1

Godolphin 500-1

Camelford 500-1

St Blazey 750-1

Dobwalls 750-1

Liskeard  1000-1

Sticker 1000-1

Wadebridge 1000-1

Porthleven 1000-1

St Dennis 1000-1

Callington 1500-1

Penzance 1500-1

Wendron 2000-1

48 minutes ago, Paul said:

My Top 6.

1. Saltash

2. Mousehole

3. Helston

4. Falmouth

5. St Blazey

6. St Austell

St.Blazey ... Blimey Paul has this summer sun got to your bloody head!! 

We were only talking in the bar after your 4-4 draw with Tavi Reserves/Thirds, the rate you guys concede goals you will be bottom 3 without any doubt. 

Also heard the manager is on a 10 game trial period at the start & if you don't hit the ground running changes are most definitely going to be made 🙄

5 hours ago, Paul said:

🤣 Yeah it has, what was i thinking. No way are finishing outside the top 4. We will be just fine Leeds. Pre season means nothing results wise. Wait and see. Looking forward to our 6 points off Bodmin this season. 

Paul .... hearing another 4 goals shipped today at Bovey .... the committee are starting to mumble ! 🙈

Poor kid , he does his best to paper over the cracks but us 'old uns' can't be fooled nor can the committee now

On 20/07/2019 at 19:00, leedsunited said:

Paul .... hearing another 4 goals shipped today at Bovey .... the committee are starting to mumble ! 🙈

Poor kid , he does his best to paper over the cracks but us 'old uns' can't be fooled nor can the committee now

Certainly time for a change. Perhaps someone who knows what they're talking about and has some new ideas rather than the same old nonsense. 

7 hours ago, Zac said:

Certainly time for a change. Perhaps someone who knows what they're talking about and has some new ideas rather than the same old nonsense. 

Got to give the kid credit for trying, but signing big Lee Rundle, £80 a game supporters last night were concerned it's a panic purchase after their disastrous start conceding many goals in pre-season. Dobwalls was giving him £70, LeeRoy must be delighted he has acquired this financial package from St.Blazey

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Got to give the kid credit for trying, but signing big Lee Rundle, £80 a game supporters last night were concerned it's a panic purchase after their disastrous start conceding many goals in pre-season. Dobwalls was giving him £70, LeeRoy must be delighted he has acquired this financial package from St.Blazey

Absolutely, cannot fault the effort. Just not good enough in many aspects. Certainly is a panic buy after shipping so many goals if that wage is true. 

St blazey you have to feel will be in for a tough season looking at the squad from pre season,  most players  are not the standard for that league and player turnover always seems high. . And the experience they did bring in with lance bailey seems  he gone already to Bodmin I believe. 

Finishing anywhere mid table  will be a great season if blazey manage it 

Latest Odds after the last week of football

Saltash   4/6

Mousehole  5-1 

Helston 13/2

Bodmin 12-1

Falmouth 12-1 

St Austell 25-1

Newquay 250-1

Launceston 250-1

Godolphin 500-1

Camelford 500-1

Callington 750-1

Liskeard  750-1

Dobwalls 1000-1

Sticker 1000-1

Wadebridge 1000-1

Porthleven 1000-1

St Dennis 1000-1

Wendron  1500-1

Penzance 1500-1

St Blazey  5000 -1

36 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Another defeat for St Blazey. Manager complaining about injury’s on twitter. Perhaps don’t arrange 9 pre season friendlies then.

Some managers who can’t coach arrange lots of friendlies then they don’t have to....just a thought

7 hours ago, CoachKT said:

Some managers who can’t coach arrange lots of friendlies then they don’t have to....just a thought

That's a good point, which might be the reasoning behind spending big on below average players ( for this league ) in hope of that being enough to get them away from the foot of the table. Alarm bells are ringing, after another defeat last evening, committee are now I'm told concerned they have left it to late & need to give it 5/10 games before they have a platform/reasoning for change . St.Blazey still one of Cornwall's biggest clubs, with Cornwall's best groundsman. 

Helston    4/6

Mousehole  5-1 

Saltash 13/2

St Austell 12-1 

Bodmin  25-1

Falmouth 100-1 

Newquay 250-1

Godolphin 500-1

Camelford 500-1

Liskeard  750-1

Dobwalls 1000-1

Sticker 1000-1

Wadebridge 1000-1

Porthleven 1000-1

St Dennis 1000-1

Launceston 1000-1

Wendron  1500-1

Penzance 1500-1

Callington 5000-1

St Blazey  8000 -1

Helston    4/6

Mousehole  5-1 

Saltash 13/2

St Austell 12-1 

Bodmin  25-1

Falmouth 100-1 

Newquay 250-1

Godolphin 500-1

Camelford 500-1

Liskeard  750-1

Dobwalls 1000-1

Sticker 1000-1

Wadebridge 1000-1

Porthleven 1000-1

St Dennis 1000-1

Launceston 1000-1

Wendron  1500-1

Penzance 1500-1

Callington 5000-1

St Blazey  5000 -1

There you go. From 8000 down to 5000 joint favourites with callington to come bottom  

7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

St Blazey odds slashed after 1.1 draw at home to Truro City this evening. Getting ready for Terrances report saying how pathetic City were this evening and how they will be candidates for relegation.:goal:

One swallow doesn't make a Summer, & yes a great result for St.Blazey, but they will still be bottom 2 most of & end of the season. As for Truro, what a joke, they are pathetic, will most certainly be relegated on tonight's viewing, not being able to beat a very poor Swpl side, gloomy times for Truro Ray ... 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

One swallow doesn't make a Summer, & yes a great result for St.Blazey, but they will still be bottom 2 most of & end of the season. As for Truro, what a joke, they are pathetic, will most certainly be relegated on tonight's viewing, not being able to beat a very poor Swpl side, gloomy times for Truro Ray ... 🤣🤣

Bookies are not often wrong

On 28/07/2019 at 05:56, Iand said:

I'll have 10p on St Blazey at them odds. Wooden spoonist playoff 1st match of the season at Blaise Park you reckon then Hetty.

Yes I see Blazey first game is home to Callington Town.

It will be Callington's second game of the season having played Saltash in their opener. Will this be an advantage or disadvantage for the Blazey Bears