Cornwall Football Forum

1 hour ago, Jimmer06 said:

The night before the first game at this rate..

Its July 8th for goodness sake.

The Duchy fixtures are the dirty end of the stick, Peninsula, St Piran & East Cornwall all have to be done first and then Dan Code has to try and fit something acceptable (which is an impossible task in itself) around them plus there are grounds not available due to cricket and teams not wanting to play whenever 

Why anyone would want to take this on is beyond me, Dan has a job and a family to think about - always so much negativity on this forum.

2 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

The Duchy fixtures are the dirty end of the stick, Peninsula, St Piran & East Cornwall all have to be done first and then Dan Code has to try and fit something acceptable (which is an impossible task in itself) around them plus there are grounds not available due to cricket and teams not wanting to play whenever 

Why anyone would want to take this on is beyond me, Dan has a job and a family to think about - always so much negativity on this forum.

Not a clue how much work goes into getting a football season to the starting line, nor the work behind just one game have they!

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Any idea roughly Paul what date the games will be starting?

Nothing before Sat Aug 17th but everyone has to have played on or before Sat Sept 7th and i wouldn't expect anything like a full schedule before the 7th.

Hopefully the first batch of fixtures will be out in the next few days, there already are some cup games on fulltime.

22 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Didn't say it was Dans fault?

You've gone off on one there.

Also, I think the other leagues should help Dan by getting things sorted a bit earlier. Obvious delay also from the new St Pirans league taking forever to be put together and that delaying ECPL as well.

Dan, you do a fantastic job. 

Evening chaps

Duchy update.

All cup group games completed. 6 banks of cup dates 7th Sept, 28th Sept, 19th Oct, 9th Nov, 30th Nov and 14th Dec. New cup format means group winners get a home tie in last 16 of each cup. Runners up are drawn away and bottom of the group are eliminated. 

Knockout dates for both cups

8 Feb Last 16 

14 March Quarter Finals

Midweek semi finals at neutral venues in April

Finals day Sunday 24th May at St Dennis FC

Duchy Prem fixtures for season online. To say that was a breeze is an understatement as every team is the nominated first team on their own pitch. This is the first time this has happened since I have been doing the Duchy fixtures.

Div Two, Three and Four should be published tomorrow. The delay has been inevitable unfortunately due to pitch availability for second and thirds teams clashing with the fixtures template almost every week.