Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall walking football

Hayle AFc 11 am  today ,  14 teams entered , The FA are on hand for an introduction  to walking football , this is better than it sounds , if you have some spare time come and have a look , ladies and gents over 50 , or find the link on the CCFA  website  , with a list of contacts for clubs around d Cornwall , the sport is growing  . 

13 teams turned  up and Lanivet  A are the winners , thanks to all at Hayle for the use of the facilities  and thanks to the ccfa for being behind this growing sport especially  Phil and Dan they take a lot of flack at headquarters  but if it wasn't  for their  support over 50s would be home not kicking a ball and vegetating in front of the TV , if you haven't done it plenty of teams around Cornwall , played in good spirits old school handshakes  and smiles after the game . Thanks again to all involved  to get this new version  of the game off the ground and its growing .🥅👍

Well done @stevieb & good refereeing in the final.  Impressive setup at Hayle with the 3G & really competitive tournament today.

Shame us at Newquay ( sorry, my Redruth friends) lost 1-0 to Lanivet in the final but a good advert for Walking Football and well deserved to Lanivet, a solid team.

Pleased my new knee held up well but not such good prospects for my right knee, also on the way out. Ouch.

Good to catch up with & play against other more ‘senior’ players again such as Kimmo & Terry Sturgeon.

Thanks Darren , as always  great to see you , good days football for the old uns , only 1 goal would settle the game and it was a cracker  , the two top teams of walking football ,  great advert for the game .👍