Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs St Mawgan

Turned up at Mt Wise and i thought i had turned up at Godolphin way to watch them playing so many ex G PLAYERS playing ther was Dart , Dilley , Fallens ,Lowry Wignal 2ND Half more ex g players in Cole ,Tillson ,Bradshaw,Jamieson ,Harris ,Flannagan and no doubt theres more and thats without Ollie Pinnell and Tom Shepherd .Well on to the match Newquay looked very good and if Jack Bray Evans had his shooting boots on it would of been a hammering maybe hes saving the goals for when Helston play ther 1st game of the season Phil Lowry ,was a handful and played really well but the midfield was very impressive didnt go much on the big no 5 in the Newquay defence he didnt look fit but it was good to see Harry Downing in a Newquay shirt dont know who the goalie was .2ND Half Newquay changed there team but my man of the match Ollie Dart stayed on in the 2nd half my man of the match was Alec Cole, he played really well for St MAWGAN my mom the long haired no 11 who was very good but his mouth got him sin binned,.The ref was poor hope hes not referring again he gave 2 pens to Newquay scored by Phil Lowry and Josh Harris other scorers Lowry and Aarran Dilley and St Mawgan scoring a soft consolation goal not sure about the score think it was 5-1 to NEWQUAY but someone will put me right they usually do . Could be a really good season for Newquay got a lot of good players well they got near enough the whole bloody Godolphin team. scores where Lowry 2 1pen ,Dilly , Harris pen , Tillson

Didn't G finish below Newquay though last season .. ? So what's all the shouting about signing a lot of players from a team that finished below you? Apart from buggering up the G which is I think the intention , I doubt the Gorgeous Tania would let that happen In the long run. But if Newquay  are going to let their good young lads go, to accommodate these G player's, maybe the G might be the real winners here if they can pick up 2/3 good young lads from Newquay. Although Newquay's budget might be the big pull this season ...

The G finished 6 points below Newquay but for most of the season they had so many players injured or some other things , the players that have left the G are all really good players just hope these players are replaced by equally good players ,as long as the G have Dan Perryman in there team they should do ok but i think Newquay will end up in 6th place this year

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Didn't G finish below Newquay though last season .. ? So what's all the shouting about signing a lot of players from a team that finished below you? Apart from buggering up the G which is I think the intention , I doubt the Gorgeous Tania would let that happen In the long run. But if Newquay  are going to let their good young lads go, to accommodate these G player's, maybe the G might be the real winners here if they can pick up 2/3 good young lads from Newquay. Although Newquay's budget might be the big pull this season ...

Will Newquay's budget be bigger than Bodmin's?

1 minute ago, silly billy said:

It's being spent on mannequins to make it look as if somebody actually goes to watch Bodmin. 

When we old buggers kick the bucket there aren't many youngsters anywhere watching local football. Perhaps apart from St. Austell and Falmouth in Cornwall

9 hours ago, paul pearce said:

When we old buggers kick the bucket there aren't many youngsters anywhere watching local football. Perhaps apart from St. Austell and Falmouth in Cornwall

There will still be idiots paying players to play in empty grounds though! The Monty Python 'Dead Parrot Sketch' could have been written for Cornish football!

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

The G finished 6 points below Newquay but for most of the season they had so many players injured or some other things , the players that have left the G are all really good players just hope these players are replaced by equally good players ,as long as the G have Dan Perryman in there team they should do ok but i think Newquay will end up in 6th place this year

I can confirm Dan Perryman has been retained by the G after lots of interest for the lad, Dan is keen to develop with this new team and squad, new start new beginnings at the G had to happen sooner or later

Doubt Newquay’s budget will be high, all the players are local lads that have seen an opportunity to push for a decent finish this year hence moving from other clubs. Won’t be able to replace the lads that have left godolphin as they’ve all played at this level for years now, most could get into most teams the league if not at a higher level, very loyal and don’t demand a high wage. Basically unless godolphin start throwing ridiculous money about which should never be the case at this level of football then the players that have left which be missed, imo godolphin will struggle and they should encourage youth development for a few years instead of bringing in unlocal players and give them money. Young, enthusiastic local players will play for free all day.