Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Manager

I do believe that the position is vacant, and that Dane & Matt would do a good job @ TCFC.  They both have considerable experience in West Country football and the way that they have settled and organised things @ Saltash is just what TCFC need.

Yours in Sport 

I too, can't see them leaving the stability and project at Saltash especially as they are among the favourites to win the league this year.  Don't get me wrong,  the work they have done has been very impressive and they deserve the opportunity as a duo, however, Cusack has all the credentials to go and do well there but Bunney is far from the brains of the bunch.  I can't imagine Dane commanding the respect from the calibre of players they require to succeed at that level.

Two outside shouts for me. Stuart Henderson or That man Laffs!

36 minutes ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

I too, can't see them leaving the stability and project at Saltash especially as they are among the favourites to win the league this year.  Don't get me wrong,  the work they have done has been very impressive and they deserve the opportunity as a duo, however, Cusack has all the credentials to go and do well there but Bunney is far from the brains of the bunch.  I can't imagine Dane commanding the respect from the calibre of players they require to succeed at that level.

Two outside shouts for me. Stuart Henderson or That man Laffs!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Home From work now so can comment further .

I don’t see how the Saltash lads are supposed to gain the experience of a higher league if someone doesn’t give them a chance. They have overachieved at Saltash for years, especially when you take into account the resources ( or lack of) they have compared to
their rivals.

Hodges and Todd walked away from St Austell when faced with the very task that the saltash management were faced with when they took over and look at their team now. 

In addition Truro only have about 7 players now.  Have Hodges and Todd got it in them to build a squad or do they require ready made squads to work with? 

The Saltash players seem a loyal bunch as their squad of players have refused to go elsewhere despite big money offers for several seasons. Why? 

What they don’t have is knowledge of the league granted or that circuit right now. But then they didn’t when they took over their current posts. Now look at them.

Another management team i would like to see given a chance is the Falmouth management for much the same reasons posted above about Saltash. 

Would be good to give someone local, up and coming an opportunity 

1 hour ago, paul pearce said:

If you mean parkway manager, your having a laugh. Success through money again of which people say Truro hasn't got

Who says Truro have not got got any money Paul?  It's a known fact that the manager will be given a competitive budget for the coming season.

13 hours ago, Hetty said:

Home From work now so can comment further .

I don’t see how the Saltash lads are supposed to gain the experience of a higher league if someone doesn’t give them a chance. They have overachieved at Saltash for years, especially when you take into account the resources ( or lack of) they have compared to
their rivals.

Hodges and Todd walked away from St Austell when faced with the very task that the saltash management were faced with when they took over and look at their team now. 

In addition Truro only have about 7 players now.  Have Hodges and Todd got it in them to build a squad or do they require ready made squads to work with? 

The Saltash players seem a loyal bunch as their squad of players have refused to go elsewhere despite big money offers for several seasons. Why? 

What they don’t have is knowledge of the league granted or that circuit right now. But then they didn’t when they took over their current posts. Now look at them.

Another management team i would like to see given a chance is the Falmouth management for much the same reasons posted above about Saltash. 

Would be good to give someone local, up and coming an opportunity 

They have done very well at Saltash but be under no illusion, they haven't got a bad budget at all for that league. Around £600 is a strong budget, taking into account they have a few players on £20.  However, you do need to have the right ethos and build in a culture and it seems that Cusack has nailed that. I wonder how many if any would make the step with them or be good enough.

I was under the impression that 500/600 was a mid table budget? Word was last season Bodmin/Tavistock/St Austell/Exmouth budgets all up around the thousand pound mark.  So even if it is as you say, For 600 I still maintain they over achieve. 

1 hour ago, Hetty said:

I was under the impression that 500/600 was a mid table budget? Word was last season Bodmin/Tavistock/St Austell/Exmouth budgets all up around the thousand pound mark.  So even if it is as you say, For 600 I still maintain they over achieve. 

Wow! If that is true (and it is a big if), in the case of two sides mentioned here, £1000 (per week, or match?) doesn't get you much.

And yes, before someone else says it, I know that it produced an FA Vase thumping versus Parkway.