Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY SET-UP FOR 2019-20

Taken this off Facebook as the suggested agreed Division by division breakdown.

Please comment should there be any misplaced!

In the meantime, well done must go to all the leagues now throughout the County for sorting everything. Appreciated it wouldn’t have been easy.

Best we can all do is to get on and enjoy the season ahead.

PREMIER DIVISION
Illogan RBL Reserves
Mawnan
CSOM
Holman SC
Stithians
Troon
Threemilestone
Probus
Newlyn lions
Lanner
Goonhavern
Newlyn Non-Athletico
St Keverne

CHAMPIONSHIP
Mawnan Res
Constantine
RNAS Culdrose
Frogpool-Cusgarne
New Inn Titans
Four Lanes
Mullion Res
Gwinear Churchtown
West Cornwall
Falmouth Town 3rds
Ludgvan Res
St Ives Mariners
Illogan RBL 3rds

DIVISION 1
Falmouth DC
St Day 3rds
Redruth United Res
Praze
Perranwell
Frogpool-Cusgarne Res
Rosudgeon Res
St Erme
Holman SC Res
St Agnes 3rds
Wendron 4ths
Penzance Res
St Just Res
Troon Res

DIVISION 2
Storm
Threemilestone  Reserves
Tregony
Lizard Res
Chacewater
New Inn Titans Res
Falmouth Utd
Probus Res
Constantine Res
Goonhavern Res
Stithians Res
Four Lanes Reserves
St Buryan
St Ives Town Reserves

19 minutes ago, trh84 said:

whilst it isn't a problem to us, to see us relegated but then TMS Reserves not get promoted seems a strange one, especially after they had such a dominant season................. 

You storm have not been relegated all relegation was stopped because of the leagues above needing to be filled. Threemilestone have been promoted but so has every other team in their division

7 minutes ago, AJ715 said:

You storm have not been relegated all relegation was stopped because of the leagues above needing to be filled. Threemilestone have been promoted but so has every other team in their division

in essence we have, which as i say we are completely ok with, if we hadn't we wouldn't have 13 new teams to play next year. you cant class losing a division as a true promotion its just renumbering with essentially the same teams.  like my original post said just strange that teams that did well havent been truly recognised, but nevermind, same time again next year i'm sure 

With no relegations, I'm guessing the teams were ranked from top to bottom relative to their finishing position last season - then divided up into divisions of the chosen numbers. Can't see any fairer way of doing it. Anomalies could have occurred if two teams from the same club ended up in the same division, with the reserve team having to be placed one division lower.

44 minutes ago, John Mead said:

With no relegations, I'm guessing the teams were ranked from top to bottom relative to their finishing position last season - then divided up into divisions of the chosen numbers. Can't see any fairer way of doing it. Anomalies could have occurred if two teams from the same club ended up in the same division, with the reserve team having to be placed one division lower.

That's exactly what happened. There were no relegations, just teams from lower divisions pushed through to fill the gaps.

gutted! I manage Tregony. Runners up in Tralawny 4 last year expecting promotion along with threemilestone res who won it! Yet still a league below the teams who finished bottom of the league above they should now be a league below us.

promoted alongside every team we competed against last season. We’re still in the bottom league. As a volunteer I feel all the work put in is for nothing. 

We did the double over marazion who have now gone into the combo 

29 minutes ago, chesterfield said:

gutted! I manage Tregony. Runners up in Tralawny 4 last year expecting promotion along with threemilestone res who won it! Yet still a league below the teams who finished bottom of the league above they should now be a league below us.

promoted alongside everywhere team we competed against last season. We’re still in the bottom league. As a volunteer I feel all the work put in is for nothing. 

We did the double over marazion who have now gone into the combo 

Aggie 3rds gone from div 3 to div 1 and we finished 7th . Chances are tregs might have got in combo if they applied , are 2nds finished bottom prem and are now in combo , combo is getting weaker all the time , there’s prob not much dif in combo and prem these days , it is shit for teams to work hard etc to kinda stay where they are . 

Premier Division – 13 Teams.

Illogan RBL Res., Mawnan, Camborne SOM, Holman SC., Stithians, Troon AFC., Threemilestone, Probus, Newlyn Lions, Lanner, Goonhavern Athletic, Newlyn Non Ath., St Keverne.

Championship Division – 13 Teams.

Please note the NEW TITLE for this division.

Mawnan Res., Constantine, RNAS Culdrose Res., Frogpool & Cusg., New Inn Titans FC., Four Lanes, Mullion Res., Gwinear Church Town, West Cornwall,Falmouth Town Thirds, Ludgvan Res., St Ives Mariners, Illogan RBL Thirds.

Division 1 – 14 Teams.

Please note NEW TITLE for this division.

Falmouth DC., St Day Thirds, Redruth Utd Thirds, Praze, Perranwell Res., Frogpool & Cusg Res., Rosudgeon Res., St Erme, Holman SC Res., St AgnesThirds, Wendron Utd Fourths, Penzance Res., St Just Res, Troon AFC Res.

Division 2 – 14 Teams.

Threemilestone Res., Tregony FC., Lizard Argyle Res., Chacewater, New Inn Titans Res., Falmouth Utd., Probus Res., Constantine Res., Goonhavern Ath Res., Stithians Res., Storm FC., Four Lanes Res., St Buryan, St Ives Town Res.

Whilst I more than appreciate the comments from a few people on here and on the Facebook page, unfortunately this was the only viable and realistic option to keep the divisions balanced. We have not seen such a disruption to the league before and because of that, we've all taken a hit in some form or another. The beneficial thing is that in terms of Divisional placement, Tregony and TMS are still the same number of promotions away from the Premiership had this disruption not have occurred so in hindsight, they have been promoted... Albeit and unfortunately, they've been joined by the remainder of their previous division. You have to understand though that the League are constrained to the ruling which we must follow to the letter. That's what's happened here. It does leave a bitter taste in our mouths collectively - for you guys it's because you have to play against the same teams, for me it's because I have to defend the league's decision which was out of its hands. One thing I must add however is that these divisions were read out to, and accepted by the majority vote at the AGM. 

6 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

You have to understand though that the League are constrained to the ruling which we must follow to the letter. That's what's happened here. It does leave a bitter taste in our mouths collectively - for you guys it's because you have to play for the same teams, for me it's because I have to defend the league's decision which was out of its hands. One thing I must add however is that these divisions were read out to, and accepted by the majority vote at the AGM. 

Very easy to criticise, not so easy to come up with a viable alternative

What’s this I hear That if an official referee isn’t appointed but one team find someone unqualified to referee the game HAS to be played? The team refusing to play gets deducted points (& probably a fine). Ludicrous decision, how competent is this willing volunteer, do they have to be unassociated to either club if so who in their right mind would do that, just pop into the village and ask over fences?couldnt this unqualified ‘referee’ nil and void clubs insurance for matches? If they get injured during a game are THEY covered? By whom? Ccfa? Or the poor club this was enforced upon? Can it be a 9 year old kid? 

And lastly, the county is short of officials and yet you are now saying more or less that to referee a game all you have to do is look at what game hasn’t been appointed an official and go for it, no course or qualification (or CRB check 🤦🏻‍♂️!), unbelievable Jeff.

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Premier Division – 13 Teams.

Illogan RBL Res., Mawnan, Camborne SOM, Holman SC., Stithians, Troon AFC., Threemilestone, Probus, Newlyn Lions, Lanner, Goonhavern Athletic, Newlyn Non Ath., St Keverne.

Championship Division – 13 Teams.

Please note the NEW TITLE for this division.

Mawnan Res., Constantine, RNAS Culdrose Res., Frogpool & Cusg., New Inn Titans FC., Four Lanes, Mullion Res., Gwinear Church Town, West Cornwall,Falmouth Town Thirds, Ludgvan Res., St Ives Mariners, Illogan RBL Thirds.

Division 1 – 14 Teams.

Falmouth DC., St Day Thirds, Redruth Utd Thirds, Praze, Perranwell Res., Frogpool & Cusg Res., Rosudgeon Res., St Erme, Holman SC Res., St AgnesThirds, Wendron Utd Fourths, Penzance Res., St Just Res, Troon AFC Res.

Division 2 – 14 Teams.

Threemilestone Res., Tregony FC., Lizard Argyle Res., Chacewater, New Inn Titans Res., Falmouth Utd., Probus Res., Constantine Res., Goonhavern Ath Res., Stithians Res., Storm FC., Four Lanes Res., St Buryan, St Ives Town Res.

Whilst I more than appreciate the comments from a few people on here and on the Facebook page, unfortunately this was the only viable and realistic option to keep the divisions balanced. We have not seen such a disruption to the league before and because of that, we've all taken a hit in some form or another. The beneficial thing is that in terms of Divisional placement, Tregony and TMS are still the same number of promotions away from the Premiership had this disruption not have occurred so in hindsight, they have been promoted... Albeit and unfortunately, they've been joined by the remainder of their previous division. You have to understand though that the League are constrained to the ruling which we must follow to the letter. That's what's happened here. It does leave a bitter taste in our mouths collectively - for you guys it's because you have to play against the same teams, for me it's because I have to defend the league's decision which was out of its hands. One thing I must add however is that these divisions were read out to, and accepted by the majority vote at the AGM. 

1 hour ago, peggy78 said:

Very easy to criticise, not so easy to come up with a viable alternative

A viable alternative would have been to relegate teams” bottom 2 and promote top 2 , in amongst the re-structure say Troon st just res relegated threemilestone and Tregony promoted. I’m sure when Chris Shackley scores 50 goals next season everyone will  be on here skating the standard he’s playing. I’d argue he should be a league higher. As for Dave bartlam no complaints at all.  I think he’s doing a superb job

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

In those situations, it would be down to those at the AGM to decide an outcome. I wasn't there so I'm not sure what was actually discussed 

But we’ve been to these sort of meetings before and so don’t need to have been there to know that rarely is much questioned and not passed! 😀

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

But we’ve been to these sort of meetings before and so don’t need to have been there to know that rarely is much questioned and not passed! 😀

That's why there's no real room for people to complain. They have an opportunity to make the changes that they want to make - or at least have them listened to. All it takes is a positive and powerful presentation of a point to get a majority vote. If the club representatives don't speak up and at least try and put a point across, there's no point them whining about it afterwards. 

I don't think people understand the constraints that league's are under. I certainly didnt until I joined the Committee. Personally, I'd like to see more Club Representatives amongst our Committee. It's only right that the clubs have a fair say at the decisions that are made on their behalf.

13 hours ago, Chris wells said:

Aggie 3rds gone from div 3 to div 1 and we finished 7th . Chances are tregs might have got in combo if they applied , are 2nds finished bottom prem and are now in combo , combo is getting weaker all the time , there’s prob not much dif in combo and prem these days , it is shit for teams to work hard etc to kinda stay where they are . 

TMS will love another season playing below their standard and having cricket score results. Let’s see if their boy up front can score more than the 75 goals he got in 25 games last season!

Having read the forum and seen the disruption all across both Cornwall and Devon football, whatever decision was made would have upset someone.

I completely agree with Chesterfields comments, he has took a village team to promotion using locals and youth. His / there  achievements haven't truly been recognised, but as a committee you where left with thankless decision.

What worries me most for village teams is, next year when team's from the Combo and St Piran leagues decide they would rather have a chance of winning the Junior Cup than getting knocked out in the first round of the Senior cup. How long before ex-Premier league sides are starting from Trelawny lowest division and flying through the leagues at the determent of village teams.

I can see players from St Piran and the Combo teams dropping down to their reserve and third teams, because they realise they would sooner be a big fish in a little pond than compete at the lower end of the Senior divisions citing "they want to play with their mates".

Next years Trelawny 2 may be as strong as the Prem!

I don't know how this could be prevented, but you may lose some lower teams for good if it happens.

It’s ok for people to slate the decisions but I was at the agm and not one person complained or put another option towards the agm, people complaining of the likes of tms and tregoney bout promotions we’ll like someone above said I’m sure tregony could of applied for combo and would t be playing all same teams as for tms I read someone who represents them on here half way through season bout players ie shackles at that level but could tms not hav applied for combo? And then they who want to play a higher level go combo and the rest of the players play in the reserves ? I can’t see the problem it is the hand we weee dealt thanks to the piran league and combo offering sides the opportunity, so just deal with it we are all in the same boat 

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 08:43, Trooper said:

TMS will love another season playing below their standard and having cricket score results. Let’s see if their boy up front can score more than the 75 goals he got in 25 games last season!

Teams should channel their energies into improving sufficiently to stop this superstar at TMS rather than whining on here. See it as a challenge and get a grip!!!

37 minutes ago, chesterfield said:

Well it will be the same teams again next year won’t it

Sounds like a defeatist attitude and implying that no one has the bottle for the challenge. Surely it is the duty of managements to improve their players each season and to come up with plans to stop a player being prolific and closing the perceived quality gap. Perhaps the league should just cancel this seasons fixtures and crown TMS as champions now.

Easy for everyone to criticise the views of Tms & Tregony. But as they say  they are still in the bottom league. They both had great seasons, only losing a hand full of games between them & they find themselves a league below the teams who got battered every week & finished in the relegation places of the league above (which isn't really a better standard). Find it hard to understand how the teams that were meant to be relegated are ranked higher than the teams that were meant to go up.