Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls FC Fire

Dobwalls had a fire recently and to add insult ti injury the insurance company are not willing to pay the claim.

The club will challenge this no doubt?

The club are desperate to play at Lantoom park this season and are appealing for support from the community.

Any plumbers,builders, electricians or anyone willing to contribute to the project please contact Peter or Lesley Mutton on 01579 320084 or any committee member.

From the SWPL secretary Phil Hiscox:-

“I have agreed to reverse fixtures that were scheduled to be played at Dobwalls AFC in August following the recent fire which has caused damage at Lantoom Park to both the clubhouse, and more specifically the changing rooms.

The following 4 games are going to be swapped – the first 2 are before other leagues start so can only impact on other teams friendlies whilst the latter two may have an impact on reserve teams, sorry !

I will be making the changes on Full Time shortly :

Dobwalls v Porthleven – Now 10/8 AT Porthleven and 30/11 AT Dobwalls

Dobwalls v St Dennis – Now 14/8 AT St Dennis and 4/4 AT Dobwalls

Dobwalls v Helston Athletic – Now 24/8 AT Helston and 8/2 AT Dobwalls

Dobwalls v Wendron United – Now 31/8 AT Wendron and 12/10 AT Dobwalls

I am anticipating that Dobwalls v Falmouth Town on Sat 7th September will now be the first game at Dobwalls this season and hope that this extra period can assist the club in making good the damage

Regards

Philip Hiscox (League Secretary)