Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League AGM reminder

The Duchy League agm takes place tomorrow evening (Monday June 24th 8.00pm) at the St Dennis Football Club

The League Management Committee should be there early for a brief meeting first.

All continuing member clubs must be in attendance or will face a hefty fine. Clubs may send two representatives but only one to vote.

There will be some important business to deal with following the major re-structuring in the county.

11 teams have moved up to the St Piran Lge  & ecpl and two teams have possibly disbanded - which would leave 43 member teams.

I believe there are currently 6  teams wishing to join the league.

There will also be a short presentation from the CCFA on the new match day app.

The Management Committee is in need of some fresh (preferably younger) faces - don't be shy coming forward.

The usual sporting trophies, referees & secretary's awards will be presented.

The recipient of the first Cornwall Airport Newquay 'community based grant' will also be announced.

It is planned to make the initial cup draws shortly after the agm ends for anyone who is interested or wants to see that it is all above board !

P

AFC Bodmin

Dobwalls Res

Bude Town Res

Biscovey

Altarnun

FC Tavyside (Lamerton)

Boscastle Res

Bude 3rds

Boscastle

Foxhole Res

Calstock

Delabole

Gunnislake

Gorran

Lifton Res

Grampound

Holywell & Cubert

Lanivet Inn

Lostwithiel Res

Gunnislake Res

Lostwithiel

Lifton

Nanpean Rovers

North Petherwin Res

St Breward

Liskeard 3rds

North Hill

Queens Rangers

St Merryn

Mevagissey

St Cleer Res

Roche Res

St Newlyn East

Pelynt

St Eval Spitfires

St Anns Chapel

Saltash 3rds

Pensilva

St Stephen Res

St Columb Major

Stoke Climsland

Polperro Res

Southgate Seniors

St Dominick Res

Tintagel

St Minver Res

Week St Mary

St Mawgan Res

Tregrehan Mills

49 teams in four divisions plus two cup competitions with initial group stages followed by 16 teams in the knock out stages

Paul - regarding Mevagissey - will the Division One side be in effect last season’s ECPL side dropped down?

And are the following all brand new sides or if they were playing elsewhere, where please?

DIVISION THREE
Biscovey
Bude Town 3rds
Gunnislake Reserves
Queens Rangers
Roche Reserves
St Dominick Reserves

15 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Paul - regarding Mevagissey - will the Division One side be in effect last season’s ECPL side dropped down?

And are the following all brand new sides or if they were playing elsewhere, where please?

DIVISION THREE
Biscovey
Bude Town 3rds
Gunnislake Reserves
Queens Rangers
Roche Reserves
St Dominick Reserves

Meva pull out of east cornwall have they? 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

DIVISION THREE
Biscovey
Bude Town 3rds
Gunnislake Reserves
Queens Rangers
Roche Reserves
St Dominick Reserves

I rather suspect the Meva side will be mostly the Duchy players from last season. Biscovey are the only new club and will be playing at Par Track.

The rest are newly formed teams although Queens and Roche did both start last season in the Duchy Lge before withdrawing. Bude 3rds will predominantly play at Bude school but also use the main ground when available. Gunnislake, Roche & St Dominick reserve sides will all play at their clubs' main ground. Queens Rangers will play at Indian Queens Recreation Ground as previously.

56 minutes ago, Titus Bramble said:

Will the Duchy league be implementing the rule regarding referees that the Trelawny league have? 

If no appointed ref then the 2 teams MUST agree to a volunteer. 

Ludicrous rule if you ask me!

No.  I  hope our teams will agree to use a volunteer when one is available  and i fully understand the reason for the rule but I just don't see how this enforcement could work in practice.

Make no mistake, we WILL be short of referees on a regular basis and refusing to use a volunteer will just back up fixtures with no guarantee there will be an official when the games get rescheduled. 

39 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

No.  I  hope our teams will agree to use a volunteer when one is available  and i fully understand the reason for the rule but I just don't see how this enforcement could work in practice.

Make no mistake, we WILL be short of referees on a regular basis and refusing to use a volunteer will just back up fixtures with no guarantee there will be an official when the games get rescheduled. 

Agreed that a volunteer should be used where possible. However, I don’t think it’s wise for local derbies, top of the table or relegation battle matches! 

10 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Surely you’ll have to Paul if it’s a FA ruling rather than a league one?

31 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

As far as i'm aware there were no mandatory rule changes for next season.

It's been a rule for a number of seasons, however we had changed the wording from "shall" to "should". We've been told we weren't allowed to do that, hence why this has all come about now. It's best to check with Richard however as their should be continuity across all league's - otherwise it's unfair on our clubs who have been told they must follow the rules.

SCOR 19/20 Rule 23 b

(B)      In the event of the non-appearance of the appointed referee the appointed senior assistant referee shall take charge and a substitute assistant referee appointed by the competing Teams. In cases where there are no officially appointed Match Officials in attendance, the Clubs shall agree upon a referee. An individual thus agreed upon shall, for that Competition Match, have the full powers, status and authority of a registered referee. Individuals under the age of 16 must not participate either as a referee or assistant referee in any Competition Match.

Obviously it's completely up to you guys what you do as a League, it's nothing to do with me or anyone else :)

Is this more for at the time of the match - that is, everyone is there about to play but the ref hasn’t turned up; or is it also supposed to apply to games where say on the Friday night or early Saturday morning the intended match referee pulls out or there isn’t one appointed?

To the best of my knowledge the Duchy League has, and always has had, the correct sanctioned rule in place. As far as I am concerned if a referee is not appointed to a match the teams will be strongly encouraged to agree a local stand-in but will not be forced to agree to accept any odd bod to handle the game. 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Is this more for at the time of the match - that is, everyone is there about to play but the ref hasn’t turned up; or is it also supposed to apply to games where say on the Friday night or early Saturday morning the intended match referee pulls out or there isn’t one appointed?

I try not to give my interpretation on ruling Dave as it got me in a bit of bother last season. 

8 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

It's been a rule for a number of seasons, however we had changed the wording from "shall" to "should". We've been told we weren't allowed to do that, hence why this has all come about now. It's best to check with Richard however as their should be continuity across all league's - otherwise it's unfair on our clubs who have been told they must follow the rules.

SCOR 19/20 Rule 23 b

(B)      In the event of the non-appearance of the appointed referee the appointed senior assistant referee shall take charge and a substitute assistant referee appointed by the competing Teams. In cases where there are no officially appointed Match Officials in attendance, the Clubs shall agree upon a referee. An individual thus agreed upon shall, for that Competition Match, have the full powers, status and authority of a registered referee. Individuals under the age of 16 must not participate either as a referee or assistant referee in any Competition Match.

Obviously it's completely up to you guys what you do as a League, it's nothing to do with me or anyone else :)

Reading that rule as read the key part is in the appointed referee not showing up for a match. There is nothing there about games where a referee has not been appointed that a volunteer must be put in to place if a referee hasn’t been appointed. 

If that was the case surely there’s no point having a referee secretary as you just go and get a mate from the pub as the other team can’t refuse whoever you pick as long as there over 16. 

34 minutes ago, Badgers said:

Reading that rule as read the key part is in the appointed referee not showing up for a match. There is nothing there about games where a referee has not been appointed that a volunteer must be put in to place if a referee hasn’t been appointed. 

If that was the case surely there’s no point having a referee secretary as you just go and get a mate from the pub as the other team can’t refuse whoever you pick as long as there over 16. 

Quite agree Badgers. Personally I think the Trelawny have read too much into it!

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Quite agree Badgers. Personally I think the Trelawny have read too much into it!

It's something I've raised this afternoon. My personal opinion (and not the league's) is that the key word in that is "attendance". I personally read it as if an appointed match official fails to show up on the day someone must take charge so that 30+ people haven't had a wasted journey. I've had a few conversations and as such, will be taking it to the next committee meeting before the season starts.

Regardless, there must be continuity across the league's.