Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth 5 Clyst Rovers 1

Guest john

South West Peninsula League -Premier Division

FALMOUTH TOWN 5 CLYST ROVERS 1 h/t 3-0 corners 2-3 Attendance 126

scorers Falmouth-

Rob Francis 2m. Slotted home being unmarked at far post after a flick on header from Langmead;

Matt Cussack 4m. Finished off following a surging run and shot from Morrison-Hill;

Glen Squires 44m Sidefooted home after Langmead laid the ball back;

Lee Langmead 50m.Connected first time to another Morrison-Hill run and cross;

Ben Goldring 87m.A left foot strike low into the corner after good work from Langmead-his first for Falmouth.

scorer Clyst- Substitute Andy Whiting 83m stroked into an empty net after keeper Murphy had lost possesion

Bookings- Clyst-Lee Brown 73m;Nicky Moyse 84m.

FALMOUTH-Nathan Murphy;Rob Francis(Capt)(Lee Beer 51m);Ben Goldring;Neil Bettis;Brinton Nute;Aaron Cussack;Jamie Morrison-Hill;Matt Godfree;Lee Langmead;Glen Squires(Andy Bowker 72m);Matt Cussack;Unused subs Darren Burchell;Fergus Nevin:

CLYST-Nick Moyse;Liam Collings(Scott Mansfield or D.Brown 62m);Simon Laity;Matt Hesford;Tim Whiteoak(Capt);Gareth Davis(Andy Whiting 62m);Lloyd Gardner;Peter Darke;Nick Murray;Sam Austin;Lee Brown:

Referee-Barry Jackson: Assistants Martin Leonard and Sean Rothwell; All officials from Plymouth

Falmouth moved into second position in the SWPL with a convincing win ,taking their unbeaten run to nine games and their goal tally to 60(the best in the league).

Clyst who have conceded more league goals(69) than any other were caught cold letting in 2 goals in the first 4 minutes -a position they never recovered from.

After three league wins and a tremendous victory over Torquay United in the Devon(St.Lukes Bowl) Cup, Clyst still languish in the relegation zone.

South West Peninsula League -Premier Division

Falmouth moved into second position in the SWPL with a convincing win ,taking their unbeaten run to nine games and their goal tally to 60(the best in the league).

Hi Mike

That's a good stat I like, and I really do think that Town have a good chance for that first league title!

:thumbsup:

Hello Paul,

Yes its all building up nicely to a very close finish for the SWPL title.

Although Saltash have the best record they have probably the toughest run in.

I think Bodmin will put a good run together soon and having the easier fixtures to play.

Plymouth Parkway could be back to form and have only four Away games left.

I would like to think the title to be decided at Kimberley Stadium on the last Saturday of the season with Falmouth as visitors.

When you are back home to Falmouth again let me know as I do owe you a drink.

cheers

Mike

Guest Postie Pidge

Mike, the officials were different from those appointed. The referee was Barry Jackson, one assistant was Ashley Partridge and the other I believe was Philip Hart. No one tells me anything these days!