Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway vs Tavistock rivalry returns !

Tavvy will have to sign so many players if they think they will be able to compete at the top of the western league. If they start next season with the same team i reckon they will be caught with there pants round their ankles! This year showed us how hard the division can be with a top squad, and the majority of the Tavvy players would be lucky to be the waterboys for Parkway. Josh Grant knew it and got out of there asap! Got nothing on Adam Carter.

Can't say I see them struggling to be honest. Have they got a squad as strong as Parkway? No probably not, but I expect to see Tavistock around the top, possibly challenging.

Recruitment will be key for both sides. As you mention losing Grant is big, I'm sure they'll replace him well though. Not too impressed by Parkway signing Copp - may take a while to dust the cobwebs off after 7 years on the Truro bench and he is probably taking a hefty pay packet. Bastin also unproven at this level. Time to give Annear a chance surely, but the manager doesn't seem to know what to do with all these players at his disposal. If Parkway fail to go up this year it will be a massive failure, Tavistock on the other hand will probably be happy with top 4.

Would depend on Tavistock getting a decent striker to replace grant. They have been trying for Ryan Richards but not sure how close he is to leaving saltash but he definitely improve them ,or is stu going to try and get his mate Hobbsy to fill the striker spot. 

I actually see Tavistock holding their own in the league. Biggest issue will be holding on to players who find the traveling to much. 

The trademark of Tavi over the last few season's  has been their togetherness as a unit. They will need a significant addition (or two) to replace the goals of Josh Grant, but in Josh Oak, Dan Evans, Lewis Daw, Josh Robins, Warren Daw and Dave Hallett they have a solid and well established core. I hear that they have a decent group of youngsters in their reserve and youth set up as well.

Got a feeling that Exmouth could be a force next season as well. They are well organised, don't concede many goals and have made their home ground a bit of a fortress. Decent away support as well, a few Western League treasurers will enjoy seeing their hungry and thirsty fans in the bar before and after games.

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

The trademark of Tavi over the last few season's  has been their togetherness as a unit. They will need a significant addition (or two) to replace the goals of Josh Grant, but in Josh Oak, Dan Evans, Lewis Daw, Josh Robins, Warren Daw and Dave Hallett they have a solid and well established core. I hear that they have a decent group of youngsters in their reserve and youth set up as well.

Got a feeling that Exmouth could be a force next season as well. They are well organised, don't concede many goals and have made their home ground a bit of a fortress. Decent away support as well, a few Western League treasurers will enjoy seeing their hungry and thirsty fans in the bar before and after games.

Well said!! It's great to see there are still some teams with spirit and togetherness, playing for each other, rather than following the fat brown envelopes on offer at Bolitho Park for a place on the subs bench. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them getting fed up with it early on.

2 hours ago, Zac said:

Well said!! It's great to see there are still some teams with spirit and togetherness, playing for each other, rather than following the fat brown envelopes on offer at Bolitho Park for a place on the subs bench. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them getting fed up with it early on.

well arent u a muppet !! haha tavi have got brown envelopes 2 lol parkway have a better squad and will win the league . end of !!!

i was sitting in the waiting room at Treliske Hospital yesterday when i got talking to a fellow supporter about local football ,he said Adam Carter is coming back to Bodmin from Parkway and Parkway are signing Alex Battle to replace him he said Shane Krac is also coming back to Bodmin .Good place to pick up rumours in the hospital waiting room this man i was talking to was the same man i use to have radiotherapy next to we was both there for scans ysterday good job the football season had started wouldnt of been happy being at the hospital on a Saturday afternoon roll on the new season and pre season friendlies i will be at St Blazey on July 31st to watch Parkway play there in a friendly before that it will be July 3rd Newquay vs S t Mawgan and July 9th down Truro to see Plymouth Argyle play cant wait

23 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

i was sitting in the waiting room at Treliske Hospital yesterday when i got talking to a fellow supporter about local football ,he said Adam Carter is coming back to Bodmin from Parkway and Parkway are signing Alex Battle to replace him he said Shane Krac is also coming back to Bodmin .Good place to pick up rumours in the hospital waiting room this man i was talking to was the same man i use to have radiotherapy next to we was both there for scans ysterday good job the football season had started wouldnt of been happy being at the hospital on a Saturday afternoon roll on the new season and pre season friendlies i will be at St Blazey on July 31st to watch Parkway play there in a friendly before that it will be July 3rd Newquay vs S t Mawgan and July 9th down Truro to see Plymouth Argyle play cant wait

Adam Carter leaving Parkway for Bodmin would discredit the "player who picks up end of season awards, stays at club" theory.