Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 26/01/08

Guest Sullivan

Threemilestone 5 - 1 Robartes Arms (Dunn Cup)

This was a game won in the first half. TMS knew they had to come out strong and direct to beat a good Robartes outfit. Second half was a scrappy affair and most of us just wanted the final whistle to be blown. Fair play to Robartes, they kept going until the end and got a goal. Game played in good spirit.

TMS Scorers: Tim Grose, Sulli Gardner, Pidge?, Stevie Howson (2)

Robartes Scorers: Nick Mills

P.S Great save at the end Pidge!

Arthur Pierce cup : New Park Rangers 3 Portreath 7.

Decent game to play in, Npr took the lead from a corner,Curly beat A bucks to the ball & powered the header home, we went straight down the other end & equalised through Britton,he then added his & our second from a free kick from outside the box,Helan added a 3rd from a great through ball from me(it was actually meant to be a cross to the far post) but I'm claiming the assist.Npr then scored a second just on HT.

Second half we made a few changes & the game was a bit tit for tat, goals from Britton,Brett 2 & one freekick from me & one reply from Npr, which was a tidy finish, settled it for Portreath.

The game was well marshelled by the ref,dont know his name but he did well.

Looking forward to next week now,trip down St Keverne in the junior cup & we have a minibus :drink:

Porteath Res 5 Newlyn 1 a good game with chance's both ends. Portreath coming into this game on back 4 of four defeats. They knew they had to sort themselves out and done that well. Well done to you all and thank you for turning things around may it continue.

ST BURYAN 1 - TITANS 3

GREAT GAME PLAYED IN GOOD SPIRT BY BOTH TEAMS GOAL SCORERS FOR THE TITANS WERE MATT EDDY - JAMIE ATKIN - AND KEVIN EDDY. THANKYOU TO ST BURYAN FOR THERE HOSPITALITY AND GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. THE REF HAD A GOOD GAME TODAY LET BOTH TEAMS PLAY FOOTBALL SADLY CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME HOPE WE GET HIM AGAIN THIS SEASON . :smiley20:

As detailed earlier in the post:

REDRUTH UTD 4 St Ives Town 3

Goalscorers: Darren Lewarne (get in there! :drink: ) and Guy Johnson with a hatrick and man of the match.

2-0 down within first ten minutes but a great fightback and attitude from the mighty Reds.

Also,

Mining 3:

Madron Res 2 REDRUTH UTD RES 2

Goalscorers: Aaron Brokenshire and Jake Williams.

Mining two

Goonhavern 3rds 5 - 5 Illogans 3rds

Unbelievable.....both sides in front with 10 minutes to go..then Goonhavern got their noses in front with only two minutes to go for only Illogan to equalise in the last few seconds....draw probably the fairest result with both defences not having the best of days....many thanks the Illogan lads who made it a very enjoyable game...few niggles and moans...but thats football....respect to both sides.....

MINING 1

Holmans 3rds 5 - 0 Goonhaven

Good home result for Holmans in a game they pretty much dominated from start to finish. Goonhaven came out better in the 2nd half however by then the game was out of reach and a much needed 3 points to the home side.

Looks like the relegation battle in mining 1 could be very interesting this year as a number of teams are picking up points now making it very close :smiley20: :smiley20:

Arthur Pearce Cup.

Four Lanes 1, Illogan 0.

Mount Ambrose 7, Madron 0

New Park Rangers 3, Portreath 7.

Dunn Cup

Threemilestone 5, Robartes 1. :thumbsup:

Division 1.

Gulval 1, Trevenson 2.

Gwinear 1, Spice of Life 3.

Halsetown 1, St Just 3.

Holmans 5, Goonhavern 0.

Redruth 4, St Ives 3.

Troon 4, Storm 1.

Division 2.

C.S.M. 2, St Buryan 2.

Goonhavern 5, Illogan 5.

Ludgvan 2, Newlyn N.A. 1.

Marazion 2, Halsetown 3.

Mousehole 0, Sennen 0.

St Agnes 4, Trispen 7.

Division 3.

Chacewater v Wendron -OFF- Wendron unable to raise a side.

Cornish New Boys 3, Pendeen 0.

Crown Inn Glory 5, St Ives Mariners 2.

Madron 2, Redruth 2.

Portreath 5, Newlyn 1.

St Buryan 1, Titans 3.

Goalscorers: Darren Lewarne (get in there! :drink: ) and Guy Johnson with a hatrick and man of the match.

2-0 down within first ten minutes but a great fightback and attitude from the mighty Reds.

Also,

Mining 3:

cockerknee boy are you posting under a different name these days....lol

Also,

Mining 3:

cockerknee boy are you posting under a different name these days....lol

baggie, You cheeky git :D

I think i only got man of the match for the hatrick as there were some great performances out there that day although it was nice to get 3 goals i will say (At my age) (Thought i would say it first) :clapper:

I thought you were a bit quiet when i got back to the club, I guess you didnt want to talk about your mare of a game then fella, Oh yeah what the hell are you doing taking sweets from a young girl and at your age pal, You should be ashamed :D

I see you scored a freekick mate, About time you got one on target from what i have seen of your shooting it is just as well you have Brits up front for you :D

Good result for you boys and the big one to come this week then ?

• 4 weeks later...