Cornwall Football Forum

A quick resport on the 2018-19 LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League AGM

A quick report of the 61st AGM of the Cornwall Combination League.

A minutes silence was held for previous persons connected with the League who had passed away in the past year.

LWC Drinks will be the League's sponsor for the 2019-20 season. Thanks were given by those present.

Player registrations were up from the 2017-18 season at 1259 with 85 of them transferring from one club to another during the year.

Finances look healthy but with the reduction in the number of teams and basic running costs staying the same for the coming year, the League are trying to be as paperless as possible, using full-time, emails, etc.

Reports were given by the Leagues officers re the previous season. Thanks were given to the clubs who allowed their grounds to be used for the cup semis and finals.

Applicant clubs were invited to give quick résumé of their sides, and several did. Applicant clubs left the room and a lively discussion ensued regarding the merits of each club. There was then a vote taken on each club to either accept or reject their applications. All clubs re-entered and were told the results of the votes. The unsuccessful clubs then left the meeting.

The remaining clubs discussed the forthcoming season.

The maximum entrance fee will stay the same at £3 but as with previous seasons, it is up to clubs to charge up to this amount, if at all.

The Committee were re-appointed bar one member who is standing down leaving a vacancy to be filled. Applications are invited, apply to Lester Thomas, our League Secretary.

Due to the fact up to the meeting no-one knew who was going to be a League member, the draw for the League Cup will be made at the next Committee meeting. Also the start and end date of the season will be communicated to the clubs.

The League's Auditors were thanked and will be asked if they could carry on the task.

Cheques were then handed out to the four cup finalists for their share of the gate money.

Trophies were then handed out to the following. (Some give a top 3)

Sporting Trophy

1; Wendron United Reserves

2; Lizard Argyle

3; Penryn Athletic

Top Marked Referee's Assistant

Abbie Myatt of Illogan RBL

Top Marked Referee

1; George Pattison

2; Marc Rose

3; Luke Wilkes

Top Goalscorers (Outside of Champions)

1; Penryn Athletic

2; St Day

3; Helston Athletic Reserves

Respect Trophy

1; Wendron United Reserves

2; Perranporth

3=; Mullion/Porthleven Reserves

The Trophy for the Top Goalscorer was not handed out on the night. Full-time, the official FA website has one player on it's public page but another player on it's internal league page. The FA will be contacted to sort it and the winning player will be presented with his trophy shortly.

All clubs were wished a successful season and the meeting broke up.

8 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

The Trophy for the Top Goalscorer was not handed out on the night. Full-time, the official FA website has one player on it's public page but another player on it's internal league page.

What do you mean by “it’s internal league page”?

There are two pages. One the public sees, one our Fixtures Secretary sees. We think there has been a boo boo due to West Cornwall pulling out mid-way which has thrown full-time. We will go through the individuals records game by game to sort it. 

It was only spotted a day ago. Fixture Secretary was going to present the trophy on the figures he had until it was pointed out to him that there was another player.

To save handing it out to the wrong player it was postponed.

Easier when it was done with paper team sheets.

7 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

There are two pages. One the public sees, one our Fixtures Secretary sees. We think there has been a boo boo due to West Cornwall pulling out mid-way which has thrown full-time. We will go through the individuals records game by game to sort it. 

It was only spotted a day ago. Fixture Secretary was going to present the trophy on the figures he had until it was pointed out to him that there was another player.

To save handing it out to the wrong player it was postponed.

Easier when it was done with paper team sheets.

Is there anything I can do to help with regards to your Full Time? I do consider myself to be pretty good with that and the Whole Game System so if I can help in any way to sort it out, I’d be more than happy to.

4 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Is there anything I can do to help with regards to your Full Time? I do consider myself to be pretty good with that and the Whole Game System so if I can help in any way to sort it out, I’d be more than happy to.

You were mentioned at the meeting for all your help with fulltime Dave