Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Constitution 2019-20 finally!

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League

Constitution 2019-20

The following clubs will be members of the League for the coming season

• Carharrack
  • Hayle Reserves
  • Helston Athletic Thirds
  • Lizard Argyle
  • Marazion Blues
  • Pendeen Rovers
  • Penryn Athletic Reserves
  • Perranporth Reserves
  • Porthleven Reserves
  • RNAS Culdrose
  • Rosudgeon
  • Ruan Minor
  • St Agnes Reserves
  • St Day Reserves
  • Wendron United Thirds

The League thank all clubs for their applications.

Marazion - A Club that’s folded more times then a cowboy in a saloon bar playing Texas hold-em!!! 4 division jump they must have had a speech of ‘Churchilian’ proportions to be accepted 

i am still of the opinion the 5 remaining clubs in the Combo if absorbed into Trelawny Premier would have made it the most competitive evenly matched league it could be with minimum impact and clear promotion and relegation to St Piran but sadly that doesn’t seem to have ever been an option!

Now we have this hybrid league thrown together with potentially mis matched sides that originated from over 5 divisions!

Anyway it is what it is so no going back now!!! Will grab the popcorn and look for the entertaining scorelines on a Saturday night

1 hour ago, skinner said:

Only five clubs voted on any new clubs because all other clubs had to apply for league 

I forgot about this aspect because of all the withdrawals!

I’m not exactly sure how the voting was structured because I wasn’t there and don’t know the league’s rules, but at a guess did each club only need to win 3 votes in order to get into the league?

17 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Have to find an extra 16 refs a week for St Piran league first !! 

Why an extra 16 refs for St Piran League? Currently, at least 2 Clubs have folded in Cornwall, so unless Duchy & Trelawny League have new teams voted in, we have considerably fewer "recreational teams" over-all than last year. The total number of fixtures in the County will remain much the same. Admittedly, SWPL will need more Assistants but that is the only area which creates greater demands on officials; I understand that, to ease that problem, some of them will come from Devon!

15 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Why an extra 16 refs for St Piran League? Currently, at least 2 Clubs have folded in Cornwall, so unless Duchy & Trelawny League have new teams voted in, we have considerably fewer "recreational teams" over-all than last year. The total number of fixtures in the County will remain much the same. Admittedly, SWPL will need more Assistants but that is the only area which creates greater demands on officials; I understand that, to ease that problem, some of them will come from Devon!

Ouch! That'll be expensive! 

53 minutes ago, Cornish Dave said:

15 teams? Crazy, surely you could add 1 more team in?? Or has common sense gone out the window? 

The AGM rejected 2 other applications for differing reasons, so the outcome was a 15 team League. There was no other option once the voting had taken place; rules have to be followed.

9 hours ago, John Mead said:

The AGM rejected 2 other applications for differing reasons, so the outcome was a 15 team League. There was no other option once the voting had taken place; rules have to be followed.

But 15 teams, seriously?? Sure a lot of people won’t want to sit out every weekend and it’s no wonder the players lose interest.

2 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

They could register for a Trelawny or Duchy side and help bolster numbers. 

Yes correct they could but how hard is it to add one more team? Can’t use much as an excuse considering one team jumped 4 league. Baffles me that some people are happy to allow it 

For all of you putting the boot in about the combination  league committee  ,  instead of moaning  , get out from behind your keyboard  and stand for election  to the committee  ,  what they do is voluntary  , they have had to adapt to a change of leagues  imposed by the FA , and to their  credit they have continued  the combo league . So credit to all involved  , if there is blame look to the FA . It's all new to everyone  so give it a chance    hopefully  it will level off in a couple  of seasons . As stated on previous  posts its recreational  football , football  is what we enjoy  , negative  posts are not helpful . 

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Yes correct they could but how hard is it to add one more team? Can’t use much as an excuse considering one team jumped 4 league. Baffles me that some people are happy to allow it 

So, where would "one more team" come from? Teams can only be admitted at an AGM. Also, who has the right to "allow it" other than those who voted at the AGM?

League rules and democratic processes were followed and the outcome was 15 teams. That's how it is; no-one else's approval is necessary.

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Are you still allowing the arrangement where Culdrose don't have to play at Leave times?

Interesting as Culdrose don’t operate a ‘block’ leave policy (except at Xmas!) any more so in my view they should be held to the same standard as other Clubs during summer/Easter.

8 hours ago, John Mead said:

So, where would "one more team" come from? Teams can only be admitted at an AGM. Also, who has the right to "allow it" other than those who voted at the AGM?

League rules and democratic processes were followed and the outcome was 15 teams. That's how it is; no-one else's approval is necessary.

15 teams! It’s shocking no matter what you think. How many leagues have an odd number? Only Cornwall FA can allow this without thinking properly. 

The clubs were the ones that had the vote to allow a potential 17 teams into the league. The club's decided not to allow Lanner to enter (due to facilities) and St Ives Reserves not to enter (because they are a newly formed team).

Therefore, the club's had their say and their opinions won. I wasn't at the Combo AGM but I can imagine that their officers abstained from voting on this matter. Thatis hpw it should be. The member clubs have their say and the majority prevail. 

The Cornwall FA have no say on who enters what league. They are simply the governing body of all affiliated football in the county. They let the league's run themselves and only get involved when absolutely necessary.

The club's had their say, it's the way democracy works. Now, let's get on with 19/20 and go again

10 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

The clubs were the ones that had the vote to allow a potential 17 teams into the league. The club's decided not to allow Lanner to enter (due to facilities) and St Ives Reserves not to enter (because they are a newly formed team).

Therefore, the club's had their say and their opinions won. I wasn't at the Combo AGM but I can imagine that their officers abstained from voting on this matter. Thatis hpw it should be. The member clubs have their say and the majority prevail. 

The Cornwall FA have no say on who enters what league. They are simply the governing body of all affiliated football in the county. They let the league's run themselves and only get involved when absolutely necessary.

The club's had their say, it's the way democracy works. Now, let's get on with 19/20 and go again

The 5 member clubs as well as the 10 or so league committee members voted on it. 

On 19/06/2019 at 14:00, BAGMAN said:

Interesting as Culdrose don’t operate a ‘block’ leave policy (except at Xmas!) any more so in my view they should be held to the same standard as other Clubs during summer/Easter.

Bagman.  You know as well as I do that the no block leave policy makes it even worse. A longer period of vastly reduced manning than block leave.  Every bloody year we answer the same question!  And tbh I thought better of it coming from someone such as yourself! 

So does one team get a bye into the quarter final of the cup ? Why not introduce mini-leagues in the the early stages to get a few more games ? And has it already been decided to play the final at Gala Parc ? Interesting to hear from those with experience elsewhere about the gentlemanly assumption that officers would leave voting to the clubs. There are probably democracies where they come from, rather than the Loe Pool Oberfuhrer. Look at the figures. Five clubs, TEN officers. Course they voted ! 

Farce ! Nothing new there, of course !

2 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

So does one team get a bye into the quarter final of the cup ? Why not introduce mini-leagues in the the early stages to get a few more games ? And has it already been decided to play the final at Gala Parc ? Interesting to hear from those with experience elsewhere about the gentlemanly assumption that officers would leave voting to the clubs. There are probably democracies where they come from, rather than the Loe Pool Oberfuhrer. Look at the figures. Five clubs, TEN officers. Course they voted ! 

Farce ! Nothing new there, of course !

Yawn

4 hours ago, Scooby said:

Bagman.  You know as well as I do that the no block leave policy makes it even worse. A longer period of vastly reduced manning than block leave.  Every bloody year we answer the same question!  And tbh I thought better of it coming from someone such as yourself! 

Yawn!! With such a vast array of people to cool upon there is no reason why you cant start the same time as everyone else...and considering half your team are local anyway there is no excuse

On 20/06/2019 at 18:48, Scooby said:

But surely it would alleviate the annual struggle for Culdrose to play 3/4 times a week at the end of the season when the base is again on ROP leave as you have already played a number of games in August ? You always to your credit usually fulfill your fixtures in April/May and I’m willing to bet if you took a poll of your lads how many would rather play in Aug/Sep vice 3 times a week in Apr/May it may surprise you? I’m guessing the advantage of players from SWPL clubs helps during end of season as well as they aren’t available to Culdrose in early season? Good debate though. 

Culdrose playing catch up at the end of the season extends the season for every team they play as well. It also means that teams that play them have blank weeks during the season so that they are not faced with a 3 or 4 week break before playing Culdrose. It was more "acceptable" when all Culdrose players were in the Navy. When they changed that situation to allow "civilians" to play, Culdrose did agree that they would accept fixtures like all other Clubs. However, with the apparent backing of the RNFA, that is no longer the case. It is manageable for the League but not ideal.

My memory isn't as good as it could be, particularly when recalling the exact timing of past events! However, I was at a Combination League meeting when Culdrose were re-admitted into the League, following their enforced break due to the Falklands crisis. I think that "civies" were not permitted prior to 1980/81 season and the Culdrose representative agreed that they would be able to be fixtured normally, following the change in RNFA regulations. 

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

My memory isn't as good as it could be, particularly when recalling the exact timing of past events! However, I was at a Combination League meeting when Culdrose were re-admitted into the League, following their enforced break due to the Falklands crisis. I think that "civies" were not permitted prior to 1980/81 season and the Culdrose representative agreed that they would be able to be fixtured normally, following the change in RNFA regulations. 

Falklands War was 1982. Culdrose had one season out of the League 1987-88.

I remember reading they left because of the stick they were getting from the League and other sides. They rejoined for the 1988-89 season

Nothing changes.  What isn’t helpful is RN Personnel producing  counter arguments and undermining the Unit side purely because of allegiances to other clubs.

Nothing changes, enemies within the base undermining all the good work we do trying to give lads football for the Unit.  Spreading the 20 year lie it’s a click, offering brown envelopes etc.

We all know who the characters are and have always been.  More money around these days except we cannot change.

Usual arguments, usual people.  John, I produced the letter before 2 seasons running, do I need to a third time?

I've no problem with the way Culdrose are fixtured, Scooby. I was just trying to attach some "history" to the story - the dates of which I've obviously got wrong according to CTB - and explain the knock-on effect. As you know, Trelawny League have a similar situation with CSofM. Both Clubs are being catered for by their respective Leagues - which is the right thing to do, in my opinion.

14 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Falklands War was 1982. Culdrose had one season out of the League 1987-88.

I remember reading they left because of the stick they were getting from the League and other sides. They rejoined for the 1988-89 season

I'm sure that Culdrose had to drop out part-way through a season due to personnel being urgently deployed somewhere!?

33 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I'm sure that Culdrose had to drop out part-way through a season due to personnel being urgently deployed somewhere!?

No, completed the seasons

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/culdroseleaguerecord.htm

If you look Culdrose will be the second club to pass 2000 league games after St Just managed it last season. 

Was it RAF St Mawgan you were thinking of John?

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/rafleaguerecord.htm

46 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

If you look Culdrose will be the second club to pass 2000 league games after St Just managed it last season. 

No, I'm sure it was Culdrose who had to drop out due to operational commitments.

2 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

I have a similar recollection John though I can't pin it down in my brain.  Was it maybe the Falmouth-Helston side and the Combo side kept going?  

Possibly, Steve but I just cannot think what event prompted them to drop out of the Combo! What I can remember is the AGM when they re-entered the League.  I doubt anyone knows where the minutes of that meeting are now! 

8 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

No, I'm sure it was Culdrose who had to drop out due to operational commitments.