Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St Austell

38 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Bodmin is a 3 person club. They be in same mire if Gilbert, mother and father in law decided to quit. Not a laughing matter Leeds.

What goes around tends to come around, and shows the only to be expected  respect for opponents from certain quarters.

17 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Press Statement on Twitter from the club:-

“Following lengthy discussions and by Mutual Consent the club have parted company with our Management Team of Lee Hodges and Chris Todd for the coming season. Lee and Chris were appointed to come in and work with and strengthen our squad with the aim of achieving promotion to the Western League. With the goalposts now moved it was felt to be in the best interests of both parties to move on. We would like to thank both Lee and Chris for their efforts and as a club we are sorry that more of the squad didn't buy into the project and long term goals of the club.

As a club we are committed to building a sustainable future and will continue on that road.

An announcement on the replacements will be made very soon.”

The clue is in the club statement. St Austell have perhaps seen sense and do not want to get in debt by paying out big money. They have cut their budget.

Clubs must cut their cloth to what they can afford because Western League will be expensive.

3 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Says it all really, confirmation of our earlier post and although not supporters of A.F.C. St Austell in the best interest of local Cornish football we wish them well !
Maybe we  should not be taking too much notice of someone who advocated throwing Ludgvan out of the league when they experienced their problems last season and who thrives on putting the boot in when a team has a run of bad luck.

7 minutes ago, We Two said:

Says it all really, confirmation of our earlier post and although not supporters of A.F.C. St Austell in the best interest of local Cornish football we wish them well !
Maybe we  should not be taking too much notice of someone who advocated throwing Ludgvan out of the league when they experienced their problems last season and who thrives on putting the boot in when a team has a run of bad luck.

Ahh, not quite true. I did at first suggest maybe that league wasn't best suited to them, however when Ludgvan completed the season & their fixture's I was one of the first to congratulate them. If St Auste£l are in the same position this season & have to forfeit fixture's etc but complete the season i to will congratulate them also 😃

I'm sure Chris 'Knight Rider' Knight will use all of his experience & contact's to help resolve the situation 

It really does make me chuckle to read posts on here about players being blamed because Helston are apparently paying mega bucks which is the big magnet. Everybody harps on like this is a new thing!! Do you all have very short memories or just being naïve? Money has been splashed and/or kit been paid for in all my years in local football - it really is nothing new. Does anyone really think that players will travel 30 or 40 miles a couple of times a week to play for a town or village for which they have no connection or affiliation with for the love of it. Just look at the old photos in every club depicting their historical success and you will find "strangers" in each and every one of them. This year it is Helston, last year it was St. Austell and Bodmin and in previous years it was Porthleven, St. Blazey, Falmouth in the Trevor Mewton era. Penryn in the WC Rowe era - always happens always will. Get real fellas.

1 hour ago, le boss said:

It really does make me chuckle to read posts on here about players being blamed because Helston are apparently paying mega bucks which is the big magnet. Everybody harps on like this is a new thing!! Do you all have very short memories or just being naïve? Money has been splashed and/or kit been paid for in all my years in local football - it really is nothing new. Does anyone really think that players will travel 30 or 40 miles a couple of times a week to play for a town or village for which they have no connection or affiliation with for the love of it. Just look at the old photos in every club depicting their historical success and you will find "strangers" in each and every one of them. This year it is Helston, last year it was St. Austell and Bodmin and in previous years it was Porthleven, St. Blazey, Falmouth in the Trevor Mewton era. Penryn in the WC Rowe era - always happens always will. Get real fellas.

Know this was many many many moons ago, giving my age away in the process. They did say if you blew a whistle on nanpeans pitch the full team would be there in minutes. Crowds of thousands and not a penny insight. Thou I think chip shop threw in an odd fish and chips now and again

14 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Know this was many many many moons ago, giving my age away in the process. They did say if you blew a whistle on nanpeans pitch the full team would be there in minutes. Crowds of thousands and not a penny insight. Thou I think chip shop threw in an odd fish and chips now and again

Got to admit my only wages was sausage and chips after a game - only one sausage mind you coz I wasn't that good.....

50 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Reminds me of this. Listen to the whole thing.

You’re worth 3 sausages in my book Bash!!! 👊🏼👏🏼👌👍️  True though mate, look at Man City, spend most money win the league, Salford come from nowhere, now a league club! PSG in France, Bayern in Germany, Juve in Italy. That’s football, spend most money, get the best players, happens at all levels, rightly or wrongly will never change. 

20 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

You’re worth 3 sausages in my book Bash!!! 👊🏼👏🏼👌👍️  True though mate, look at Man City, spend most money win the league, Salford come from nowhere, now a league club! PSG in France, Bayern in Germany, Juve in Italy. That’s football, spend most money, get the best players, happens at all levels, rightly or wrongly will never change. 

Been treating myself to three sausages for too long now mate and its caught up with me lol. Seems like money is a necessary evil for success these days and silly to deny it

50 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Well said Mark, common sense at last. A very wise head on young shoulders you have . 

29 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

True though mate, look at Man City, spend most money win the league, Salford come from nowhere, now a league club! PSG in France, Bayern in Germany, Juve in Italy. That’s football, spend most money, get the best players, happens at all levels, rightly or wrongly will never change. 

May be true Rappo but the analagy here is that they are not paying thousands to only recoup hundreds, also there are currently not the players available at step 6 level to guarantee winning enough to cover the clubs running costs at a sustainable level.
Much of professional clubs income comes from selling franchises for kit sales and memorabilia, not an option to S.W.P.L. clubs.
What is on a par between top flight professional and local football, is the fact that when the money runs out, so do the mercenaries who have previously sworn allegiance to a club.

12 minutes ago, We Two said:

May be true Rappo but the analagy here is that they are not paying thousands to only recoup hundreds, also there are currently not the players available at step 6 level to guarantee winning enough to cover the clubs running costs at a sustainable level.
Much of professional clubs income comes from selling franchises for kit sales and memorabilia, not an option to S.W.P.L. clubs.
What is on a par between top flight professional and local football, is the fact that when the money runs out, so do the mercenaries who have previously sworn allegiance to a club.

So, in essence, what you are saying is, now that St Austell are not or will not or even cannot pay what they previously had done, that players don't find the club an attractive proposition and the latest departing managers couldn't sell the club sufficiently to get players in or entice those already there to stay. Perhaps there is a deeper rooted problem??

8 minutes ago, le boss said:

So, in essence, what you are saying is, now that St Austell are not or will not or even cannot pay what they previously had done, that players don't find the club an attractive proposition and the latest departing managers couldn't sell the club sufficiently to get players in or entice those already there to stay. Perhaps there is a deeper rooted problem??

We have no idea if St Austell have any financial problems or not or even any unsavoury problem at all, and if we were that good at guessing correctly we would have won the lottery by now.
No there is plenty of guesswork proffered  about all sorts of alledged problems at clubs both financial and player wise, but one frequently recurring theme is that players are being accused of moving clubs because of monetary issues and accusations of illegal payments.
If correct and HMRC get wind of it, all concerned, players, committee, and funding partners, should be aware of the financially debilitating position they are putting themselves in.
This is fact and has already happened before, and clubs named by others on another thread.
What we find difficult to understand is why people are prepared to risk a criminal record, for the sake of a bit of silverware.

10 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Bit harsh to think the receivers of income are not declaring!

Bit naïve to think they are

22 minutes ago, We Two said:

We have no idea if St Austell have any financial problems or not or even any unsavoury problem at all, and if we were that good at guessing correctly we would have won the lottery by now.
No there is plenty of guesswork proffered  about all sorts of alledged problems at clubs both financial and player wise, but one frequently recurring theme is that players are being accused of moving clubs because of monetary issues and accusations of illegal payments.
If correct and HMRC get wind of it, all concerned, players, committee, and funding partners, should be aware of the financially debilitating position they are putting themselves in.
This is fact and has already happened before, and clubs named by others on another thread.
What we find difficult to understand is why people are prepared to risk a criminal record, for the sake of a bit of silverware.

But all the talk of money and the figures is supposition and rumour but without either this forum would wither and die

I think Rappo was correct. Money dictates which is unfortunate at times because loyalty is always at threat from this... In many instances unfortunately!

With regards to Man City & some of the other massive clubs mentioned... Their money comes from ultra rich businessmen that buy them. City have spent around 1.4 billion in the last decade since the takeover... Partly why I despise them! 

That aside... The teams will rebuild and hopefully make a competitive season and maybe if some chase less money, then some loyalty and commitment to the club/shirt they're wearing could shine through...

On 13/06/2019 at 21:41, Victor said:

I think they would of stayed but when Massey is ruining Cornish football paying a striker £4500 signing on fee (which a mates that knows his dad has told me) And stupid match fee. Plus what the rest are on you’re not going to stay 

Victor a mate of your dads  told me you have no mates so are we really to believe this,anyway I will be your mate and let you into a secret this stays between me and you though !! the £4500 is not a signing on fee its what they will be paid per goal (bonus) and they also agreed after Mr Massey pointed out that he doesn't like players with long hair that they would turn up for training with short back and sides 

On 15/06/2019 at 07:12, leedsunited said:

🙈🙈

Oh dear this sounds desperate if the job has been been given to someone who carries out these antics at football ...

Well said Leeds, we're suprised at some of the desperate antics that some managers get up to as well , especially those who explode with a mouthful of abuse if the referee dares to give a decision against his team.

Bring your family to Priory Park 'We Two' we have two nice guys ( football people ) in Darren Gilbert & Alan Carey running the team next season, they will certainly not tolerate bad language or abuse towards any supporter of official, they are the modern day Batman & Robin bringing Respect & Standards back to Cornish Football 

59 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Bring your family to Priory Park 'We Two' we have two nice guys ( football people ) in Darren Gilbert & Alan Carey running the team next season, they will certainly not tolerate bad language or abuse towards any supporter of official, they are the modern day Batman & Robin bringing Respect & Standards back to Cornish Football 

FFS