Cornwall Football Forum

image.png.f80e08745d6c5ddba1e7650c1e80340f.png

The draw for the first round of the Kernow Stone Cup was made at tonight's AGM and is as follows:

St Just v Penryn Athletic

Launceston Reserves v St Austell Reserves

St Agnes v St Ives

Millbrook Reserves v Lanreath

Bude Town v St Day

Hayle v Callington Reserves

Perranporth v Sticker Reserves

Ludgvan v St Mawgan

Wadebridge Town Reserves v Polperro

Saltash Borough v Mullion

Perranwell v Torpoint Athletic Reserves

Helston Athletic Reserves v Saltash United Reserves

Liskeard Athletic Reserves v Morwenstow

Illogan RBL v Wendron United Reserves

Falmouth Town Reserves v St Dennis Reserves

Redruth United v Mousehole Reserves

Dates for the ties are yet to be fixed.

image.png.e0d801f4c6d08b7efb89e7924ec1a6aa.png

Cally with a 130 mile round trip, Bude with a 114 miler.....prob not best to make the first round over the August bank holiday weekend!! 🤣🤣 Best of luck to the new league .... think the whole of the County will be watching intently as to how it shapes up over the next 2 seasons....👍👍

29 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Oh dear, we must really get over this distance thing! 

I'm all for it Dave..tho just realised my post seemed initially not ...😁  we are a diverse and hard to cross County,  but long cup trips ( and league ones) are part and parcel of the fun of sport here. I mean...Duchy Prem already looking far more East Cornwall than last seasons mainly Mid Cornwall setup..... really hope the Pirans takes off and becomes a great League...

2 hours ago, countyman said:

Cally with a 130 mile round trip, Bude with a 114 miler.....prob not best to make the first round over the August bank holiday weekend!! 🤣🤣 Best of luck to the new league .... think the whole of the County will be watching intently as to how it shapes up over the next 2 seasons....👍👍

Bude are at home so unless they are picking St Day up and dropping them back 🙈

2 minutes ago, Whistle Blower said:

They baulked on going to Launceston last season and I have a feeling it will happen again but like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Were they the only team not to fulfil a fixture last season??? Do you know the circumstances as to why they didnt travel to Launceston last season?

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Exactly - do they really want to play football or not ? Traveling to away games is part of it. If an individual or a team doesn't want to travel, they should not get involved in league football.

On 11/06/2019 at 09:38, Dave Deacon said:

If anyone doesn’t make it, they should be dealt with hard and thrown out the league. All clubs knew what was in store when they applied.

So easy to say, and i do agree with the sentiment, but i'm guessing neither of you has had to do a pub crawl on a Friday night to press gang anyone at all (no football skill required) to turn out on a Saturday when for a host of reasons (and i accept that many reasons are pathetic these days) not enough players are available. The harsh reality is that even the threat of being thrown out of a league wont matter to the players who aren't fully committed and so it would be the other players who suffer.

On 11/06/2019 at 08:14, Dave Deacon said:

Oh dear, we must really get over this distance thing! 

I can understand the commitment and yes clubs apply, etc. But the distance thing does matter to some Dave. Having the same drivers from a team every week, paying subs, paying for fuel, driving 120miles+ in a day, does take its toll.

5 hours ago, baldy said:

I think the sponsor likes it!

Yes they do!

5 hours ago, le boss said:

I guess that is all that matters then. 

Come on Bash - lighten up!  Take a peak here - blatant plug follows😉

https://www.granite-worktops-cornwall.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/kernowstone/

Shortly to move into the old Atlantic Windows site at Pool.

I like the idea if the Curnow Scone Cup. Linda Curnow does make beautiful scones. I have eaten lots of them. But remember, this is a Cornish league. None of that Devonian nonsense here. Jam before cream, always. Any club spreading the scones the other way round should be heavily fined. A new league is an opportunity to set the highest of cultural standards. Our treatment of the Curnow Scone Cup defines our identity. Jam before cream !