Cornwall Football Forum

Apparently loadsa money available for players at some Step 6 clubs in Cornwall.

All for £2k for Premier Division winners.

I hope those who qualify for promotion take it, as the days of the blockers are numbered.

Should be an exciting season coming up, enjoy it.

Yours in Sport.

Why is anyone shocked. 

This hasn’t just come about this season. Every year there are one or two clubs willing to put their hands in their pockets and spend money on players. 

Just this season seems to be one or two more clubs willing to do it. 

If it’s for progression I have nothing against it, if it’s for egos and who’s got the biggest wallet and bragging rights. Leave them to it, because as ever the money runs out eventually and it’s about who is willing to pick up the pieces after the cash has gone. 

I only use St Blazey, Penzance, as examples from the past that have suffered once budgets have gone and “loyal players” move on for and extra £5 somewhere else. 

9 minutes ago, Alf said:

Penzance seem to have a pretty big budget again this season.

Good luck to them. Didn’t work out last they had a big budget. Got rid of all the local lads and brought in “save my local club money grabbers” and haven’t recovered. 

Big budget doesn’t = success. Means lots of money grabbers after your money

16 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Good luck to them. Didn’t work out last they had a big budget. Got rid of all the local lads and brought in “save my local club money grabbers” and haven’t recovered. 

Big budget doesn’t = success. Means lots of money grabbers after your money

Paying silly money to 16/17 year olds who haven't ever played senior football is crazy. 

34 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

What was Helston crowds last year ? Anyone got average ? 

According to the "Non League Matter" site

Helston had the 10th best SWPL average  of 104 this was a  -57% drop on 2017-18   Lowest 39--Highest 258 v Falmouth Boxing Day)

Falmouth had thev 4th best SWPL average of 129  which was a 42% increase on 2017-18 (Lowest 82-Highest 185)

1 hour ago, winston said:

Hearing the penzance budget is huge and they are targeting many of the Helston under 18 team, the Oliver brothers and several current combination & peninsula players with promises of big money and holidays 

So, from a club that was on the brink and engaged in merger talks with a local rival, to one with a budget that is "huge" and promising players "big money and holidays."

Seems somewhat unlikely.

1 hour ago, winston said:

Hearing the penzance budget is huge and they are targeting many of the Helston under 18 team, the Oliver brothers and several current combination & peninsula players with promises of big money and holidays 

Madness. Surely any monies should be spent on the foundations as priority

4 hours ago, winston said:

I have a tent and camping stove in my back garden for the holidays! Bring their own sleeping gear.