Cornwall Football Forum

Looking for a friendly versus an East team

12 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Are there any East teams willing to play and host a friendly on Sat 10th August v Wendron United Res. (West). 

Thanks 

We find your request for a friendly with an East team rather confusing and at odds with your opinion on another thread that leagues should be kept as two divisions, (East and West), because of the travelling involved and the susequent travelling cost that teams would struggle with.
Your nearest East club is probably Sticker some 20 odd miles away with Bude the furthest.
Travelling in Cornwall isn't that difficult or time consuming out of holiday season, more so now in fact.

7 hours ago, We Two said:

We find your request for a friendly with an East team rather confusing and at odds with your opinion on another thread that leagues should be kept as two divisions, (East and West), because of the travelling involved and the susequent travelling cost that teams would struggle with.
Your nearest East club is probably Sticker some 20 odd miles away with Bude the furthest.
Travelling in Cornwall isn't that difficult or time consuming out of holiday season, more so now in fact.

I find your response completely petty and unnecessary. 

As you well know, my personal opinions regarded the EAST Cornwall League and Combination League (not those above) and  if you are that much of a fan of my posts or opinions you would know how much I was looking forward to a county wide St Piran’s League.  

As I said before, my thoughts were due  to sustainability of clubs, including Sticker, at that level of football in the county given the history of clubs from East Cornwall transferring into Combination League football. Not a reflection on Sticker who - again as I’ve said previously - I’ve got a lot of time and respect for. 

The reason for my request of a friendly versus an East team, preferably in St Piran’s or even above, was in order to get a fixture against a team of a similar standard of league as the one our reserves will be playing in (St Piran’s West). 

I hope you got the response you wanted from your post. 

PS ban the Junior and Senior Cup. Far too much travelling 

It depends how you define east. Any team east of Wendron? East of St Austell? East of Launceston?

And the Junior and Senior Cups are the biggest competitions in Cornwall. It's a one day out. If away, hire a coach and have a team bonding day with much alcohol. Make a day of it. If at home, have it coincide with a race night or something to raise funds for the club.

We don't see our post as either petty or unnecessary, just enquiring why when several West teams had stated that travelling because of work commitments, travel costs etc were a problem, Wendron wanted to play a team from the East.
It will be interesting to see when a team from St Piran West win their league, whether they decide to take promotion to the Peninsula Premier if offered the oportunity.

3 hours ago, We Two said:

We don't see our post as either petty or unnecessary, just enquiring why when several West teams had stated that travelling because of work commitments, travel costs etc were a problem, Wendron wanted to play a team from the East.
It will be interesting to see when a team from St Piran West win their league, whether they decide to take promotion to the Peninsula Premier if offered the oportunity.

What are Sticker’s pre season fixtures? We also play Ivybridge in the coming weeks. 

What league are your reserves in, maybe they would be able to host us? Great facilities and only 20miles 😉

On 08/06/2019 at 22:19, WendronOfficial said:

Are there any East teams willing to play and host a friendly on Sat 10th August v Wendron United Res. (West). 

Thanks 

Did u get sorted for Ur friendly or no mate?we may b able to accommodate u on that date,might just b an early or late ko???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2019 at 08:16, We Two said:

OUR reserves are in the bank about 20 minutes away, you'll have to give Stickers secretary a call to find out where  their reserves are.😉

Or you can look at stickerafc website all friendlies are listed on there for both teams!

I saw the first friendly on Wednesday and the squad looked very lively with a few new faces so it looks like Steve and Andy are sharpening the boys up. It was a good competitive match and lets not forget St Austell Res. are full of confidence after last seasons success. So it was a well deserved win for squad. Foxhole next on Monday.