Cornwall Football Forum

besth holding cm

Guest hellboy

Guest hellboy

so we have talked about the young guns. tom russell the best by a mile.

who would you say the best holding cm is i.e a tackler ,breaks play up, goes in hard 100%

Guest hellboy

why would u say these two is it because they r on your team.... i wonder.

my thoughts

chris davey solid nightmare to play agaisnt

jon row hard tackler wins most battels if still playing

andy miles when fit

liam street quality player

John Bird of st just is a quality holding midfielder as is shaun clemence from perranporth in my opinion this is a position that can go unnoticed both afore mentioned players are vital to their teams as are the other players mentioned but for pure tanacity and engine shaun clemence would win my vote :thumbsup:

THINK TMS N09 SAID ANDY MILES..

ANDY MILLS WAS A GREAT PLAYER AND A NICE BLOKE AS WELL. DIDNT GET THE RECOGNITION HE SHOULD HAVE IN MY EYES. A TRUE LOYAL FOOTBALLER SPENT HIS TIME ON THE TOUCHLINE AT PORT AND NEVER MOANED OR ANYTHING.......UNLIKE PLAYERS OF TODAY AT ALL CLUBS...... WHATS HE UPTO NOW

so we have talked about the young guns. tom russell the best by a mile.

(in your opinion hellboy, in my opinion its still Josh kemp)

Best holding midfielder ive seen play and had the pleasure of playing with would have to be Wayne Brown the guy is still going now for our 2nd's at 70 odd (ha ha) and if selected he would still do a job for the 1st team. Id echo Andy Mills as well another of those players that used to too mis control the ball on purpose just so he can have a 50 50 and 9 times out of 10 win it.

Great comment about Andy Mills, Gareth. The most honest player i have played with & managed. Seen Andy yesterday & he told me his proudest moment in football was being captain of Porthleven the night we beat Mawnan & regained our place back in senior football. He knew then it was the right time to retire. Would have him back in my side tomorrow & such is his status at Port, i know there would be players in my team who would quite happily sit on the bench so that Millsy could play. A TRUE PORTHLEVEN LEGEND :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

I remember being at training with port probably about 8 years ago now when Gary bannister was there.. we was having a shooting competition. Gary bannistyer stepped up BANG in the top corner to which he said just like the one at OLD TRAFFIRD in 198?. millsey steps up next.. BANG in the top corner.. " Just like the one down St Just last year.. hilarious you prob had to be there tho..

Thats andy mills all over couldn't meet a nicer bloke if you tried, was massive for us when we won the fhfl1 especially when we had our 'blip' shame we dont see more of him now. as for the best young holding midfeilder i think jordan is coming on really well and god the guy can tackle! he is what i love in a team he will die on the pitch if needs be and will tackle with his teeth if thats all he can get there, or maybe thats just coz he is stupid lol im kidding jordan. the question is who tackles harder jordan adlard or craig taylor now thats a debate! and im sitting on the fence big man me

Andy Mills is a great player

Bloody heavy though. I went to watch Port a few years ago with me mate Kev Orchard, and Mills broke his leg or done something, we carried him from the half way line to the changing rooms, heavy shit I tell you!!!

Anyway Winno,

I'm surprised you haven't said about Gillsy!! you won't find many more commited that him in the combo league thats for sure. him and Hazeldine do a great job in the midfield for Aggie. Shame they're both not always playing at the same time, due to injuries and suspensions!!!