Cornwall Football Forum

I assume that when the league has its first AGM we will be told who the officers are, when the season starts, the cup draws made, fixtures announced etc. I assume it will be all in or will there be an east/west split.  

12 hours ago, ECPL said:

I assume that when the league has its first AGM we will be told who the officers are, when the season starts, the cup draws made, fixtures announced etc. I assume it will be all in or will there be an east/west split.  

The AGM is on Monday 10th June.

The Officers were appointed about 6 months ago for an 18 month period and their names were well publicised.

The season will start on 17th August.

The cup draw will be made on the evening.

The constitution of the two (East and West) divisions was publicised a couple of weeks ago.

The fixtures will be completed over the next couple of weeks.  The SWPL fixtures only came out yesterday and these were needed before ours could be progressed.

14 hours ago, ECPL said:

Thanks Steve.  Unfortunately until the AGM is completed anything can happen.  It then becomes official. 

These days it seems that pretty much in general everything has been sorted before the AGMs.

Can’t see as far as the new league goes there is anything more to be made official that is going to surprise anyone!

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

These days it seems that pretty much in general everything has been sorted before the AGMs.

Can’t see as far as the new league goes there is anything more to be made official that is going to surprise anyone!

Not in this case Dave. Numerous teams not knowing what league they will be in? You've got teams from ECPL, ECL1, Duchy & P&D with unconfirmed applications to different leagues. Hopefully this week's AGMs for St Pirans and ECPL will clear everything up. I've had a number of replies to friendly requests being along the lines of "we can't confirm because we don't know when we start league fixtures" or "would prefer not to play against same league opposition, but we could be in one of two, which discounts A LOT of possible friendly opposition"

Not as far as I'm aware. I was also recently told a Duchy side were invited to apply to ECPL despite there already being the 16 applicants required to fill the league. So if the constitution was known why would they be seeking more applicants?

I’m referring to ECPL not knowing to clarify. I’ve seen the new St Pirans teams have been announced.