Cornwall Football Forum

Will be a disgrace if they do...reserves stepping up to senior level know they both would never be able to gain promotion If their 1sts are in the next league up, nor be able to retain a faffed up position in the junior cup....county rules kinda already cover this so best read them if you disagree..

From next season's Junior Cup Rule 1:

b.      i.     The first teams of all Clubs who competing solely in the Duchy League, Trelawny League, North Devon League Division One or lower and the Plymouth and                     West Devon League Division One or lower, all of whom are affiliated to this Association, must compete in this competition.

ii.    The highest place reserve or other side of any Club competing in a more senior competition and playing in the leagues identified at Rule 1b(i) shall also                          enter this competition.

48 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

b.      i.     The first teams of all Clubs who competing solely in the Duchy League, Trelawny League, North Devon League Division One or lower and the Plymouth and                     West Devon League Division One or lower, all of whom are affiliated to this Association, must compete in this competition.

ii.    The highest place reserve or other side of any Club competing in a more senior competition and playing in the leagues identified at Rule 1b(i) shall also                          enter this competition.

Isn't it possible for a team to play a Junior Cup game but not in a league? I seem to remember a team Victoria Inn playing in the Junior Cup possibly in the late 1990s

1 hour ago, Steve Carpenter said:

North Devon league and Plymouth & West teams in the Cornwall Junior Cup?! 

Cant wait for an away trip to North Devon...

17 minutes ago, Titus Bramble said:

Obviously Cornish teams playing in those leagues. Stratton United did before they withdrew and Morwenstow Reserves do play in it.

Although a Cornwall Senior Cup game was played in Plymouth!

31 minutes ago, Titus Bramble said:

That's always been the case, it's just the league names that have changed over the years.  It's not unknown by any means for some of the Cornish clubs on the border to play in these leagues.