Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Keith B

Introduce Yourself.

I see the site under this heading has now been closed for further introductions. Not surprising but sad really, that not many when viewed against the total membership, actually did introduce themselves. Wonder why - such shyness  ? !

Played in the 60's as a 15y.o. For Liskeard before moving up country, after a bad shoulder injury spent 40 years coaching, mens, womens, youth and disability teams including Brighton& Hov e Albion Disability team. Spent 10 years as chairman of Brighton Supporters Club and was part of the Calmer for All team that campaigned to get Brighton into the Amex. I retired back to Cornwall and now love watching local football at St. Austell, Bodmin & Liskeard and around the county.

7 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Postman Pat.

think I did it originally but my name is Martin Eddy involved with Redruth United and long time retired footballer but I still sign on every season just in case,you never know. Keep fit by running the line even though I keep trying to retire from it.

What else would you do on a Saturday? 😂

Adam "Peggy" Mitchell

Rubbish but committed footballer when I played (I would turn up every week for 10 mins as a sub). Had a surprising number of clubs that took me on as a player. Got conned into management in the final season of the mining league and apart from my year away working, not been away from the game since. Just completed my 2nd season as Lanner manager 

2 hours ago, peggy78 said:

Adam "Peggy" Mitchell

Rubbish but committed footballer when I played (I would turn up every week for 10 mins as a sub). Had a surprising number of clubs that took me on as a player. Got conned into management in the final season of the mining league and apart from my year away working, not been away from the game since. Just completed my 2nd season as Lanner manager 

You forgot "all round good guy and snappy dresser" 😘😘

Ian Pethick

Grew up in Liskeard, lived in Plymouth, but now one of those metropolitan elite types in Stoke Newington, North London.

Brought up on the Brian Hodge era at Lux Park when Bradley Swiggs, Tyrone James, Steve Daly and Dave Jones swept all before them. Switched to Plymouth Parkway and thinks the side that included Glyn Hobbs, Shane Krac, Lee Doel and Danny Brook was capable of veering between the best and worst of local football within one match (and was never boring while doing it). Now quite enjoys seeing Arsenal struggle (my local side) ,and watching their deluded supporters going through multiple breakdowns.

A useless footballer, who now thinks he knows everything about the game. Responsible for introducing The Bald One to Bolitho Park, and is notoriously slow at getting a round in.