Cornwall Football Forum

10 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Why gain promotion, and then fold when the clubs main aim was to make it to a better league? 

I think the issue was with the players Ralph. They would often play with 9-10 players and grind out results. The players would fall out with one another, they'd walk off the pitch and then transfer or stop playing. There was also quite a public spat on Facebook between them all which showed there were cracks within the team. As soon as cracks are showing, you've got issues. The league was won and Justin, I think had just had enough. The team was imploding and it couldn't have been easy to try and keep everyone happy which is why he stepped down I should imagine.

Like I said to him though, take away the pillars in a damaged building and it will crumble right before your eyes. 

It is terribly unfortunate because Penwith Exiles have done a fantastic job over the past few years. They had a very poor reputation which they worked hard to eradicate - and as far as administration goes, they were extremely easy to deal with from a league perspective.

It's a massive shame to lose them. 

10 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Why gain promotion, and then fold when the clubs main aim was to make it to a better league? 

5/6 of the lads wanted to stay together the rest wanted to play else where nothing as a club we can do about that but when your best player/players leave the rest jump on the bandwagon was a nightmare last season playing with 9/10 men and the remainder of the team didn’t want to do that again so left us with no choice really but one thing for sure is I didn’t want this to happen 6 years hard work down the swanney!!

11 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I think the issue was with the players Ralph. They would often play with 9-10 players and grind out results. The players would fall out with one another, they'd walk off the pitch and then transfer or stop playing. There was also quite a public spat on Facebook between them all which showed there were cracks within the team. As soon as cracks are showing, you've got issues. The league was won and Justin, I think had just had enough. The team was imploding and it couldn't have been easy to try and keep everyone happy which is why he stepped down I should imagine.

Like I said to him though, take away the pillars in a damaged building and it will crumble right before your eyes. 

It is terribly unfortunate because Penwith Exiles have done a fantastic job over the past few years. They had a very poor reputation which they worked hard to eradicate - and as far as administration goes, they were extremely easy to deal with from a league perspective.

It's a massive shame to lose them. 

Spot on Dave 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

5/6 of the lads wanted to stay together the rest wanted to play else where nothing as a club we can do about that but when your best player/players leave the rest jump on the bandwagon was a nightmare last season playing with 9/10 men and the remainder of the team didn’t want to do that again so left us with no choice really but one thing for sure is I didn’t want this to happen 6 years hard work down the swanney!!

Spot on Dave 

That's what I'm trying to get at Justin, 6 years hard work, taking the stick, off of people on here, grafting and winning leagues to reach the pinnacle and BANG all goes pop. Strange but I will say we never know what goes on behind closed doors 

Yea very annoying m8 but I can’t stop players wanting to leave the club and very hard trying to attract players down this way and as for all the stick I get on here by people I think that’s just jealousy from how successful iv been with the club would imagine most of them have never kicked a ball let alone win a league or cup but thats football pal...

Another team that has climbed the leagues found their standard and decided to quit or leave rather stay together.

Shame as they have had success in recent years and I’m sure there has been lots of hard work behind the scenes, which players don’t seem appreciate or see. When they pull out of squad last minute and let players and managers down.

Been a problem in the Trelawney Leagues for a few seasons. New teams formed have a little bit of success, then all implodes when players finally get to standard where they should play and don’t like having to earn a win rather than walking over teams.