Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League New Application

5 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

I'm not going to get into the rights and wrongs of the Combination debate Dave but I will defend the CCFA on this one.  Ultimately there was no choice but to change tack.  At the risk of going over old ground, the remit from the FA was that all clubs must have a clear pathway (should they wish to take it) from the very bottom of local football into the NLS.  The way things panned out, albeit late in the day, there was going to be a very significant inbuilt disincentive for any club in the east to progress which would have been very difficult if not impossible to change.  The only way to maintain the pathway and meet that FA remit was to go to two divisions and after discussions with the FA that was the decision.  It wasn't a decision that was taken lightly as the implications were clearly understood.  There was a meeting with the ECPL and Combination Leagues very soon after the decision was made to make sure everybody knew what was going on and when and what the options were.  Those leagues have now made their decisions and formulated their plans to implement them.

That’s fair enough then Steve although timing is terrible as kind of stated . I will just revert back to the Combo committee then by saying you put not only your own nails in the coffin you somehow managed to knock them in as well. 

Combination football in Cornwall was a super league to be in  & in recent years its decline has been obviously noted but to have it as it stands now , Gentlemen & ladies pull the plug.

10 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

That’s fair enough then Steve although timing is terrible as kind of stated . I will just revert back to the Combo committee then by saying you put not only your own nails in the coffin you somehow managed to knock them in as well. 

Combination football in Cornwall was a super league to be in  & in recent years its decline has been obviously noted but to have it as it stands now , Gentlemen & ladies pull the plug.

I agree, the timing was terrible but it was driven by unfortunate circumstances.